FORUMS

Dreadnought is broken

Posted: //
April 30, 2018, 6:59 a.m.

Updated //
April 30, 2018, 7:31 a.m.

I will sum my feedback up.

Pubstomping, Server disconnects, late joins, lags.

I have experienced atleast 3 Server disconnects within one single hour (ticket_validation_failed), there are microfreezes in matches. From the perspective of a newcomer, I am seeing this: A free to play game with a very opressive Grind that forces players to buy elite with real money to beat it, with a terrible Matchmaking, awful Server stability and performance stability.

Do you know the difference between George Orwells 1984 and Dreadnought? His Dystopia is working.

I do not hate any of you, and I don't want you dead. But I also don't want dreadnought to end up like Evolve or the F2P first person mech game Hawken. Loosing all players and being shut down.

You have to face the hard facts: The Grind is too opressive!

Do something, and no matter how difficult it is, do it fast and properly. Although I have never paid for Elite status or GP, it should not be that way. That Elite currently is the onliest option. I have 7 T4 ships or so, the most I got during two weeks of Elite. I have 17/17 vindicta modules reseached and bought, during my two weeks of elite. I have all T3 ships atleast unlocked, during, guess what? Correct, my Two weeks of Elite.

It is a true boost, sure. But what did I achieve without elite Status? I cannot remember. This is sad, and should not be.

Regarding the disconnects it is probably me, didn't knew that my Laptop/OS is that outdated, but the MM is not my fault. It is not fun being squeezed into a match without a ship selection, it happens so often. 15 minute of waiting time after a Server disconnect is not fun. A level based MM or something similar would be good. Stop spamming us with cosmetics and heroships, and rather put your efforts into important things like MM and the Grind/Progression System.

Look at my signature, and listen to us.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 30, 2018, 7:12 a.m.

They have to make money. That is the only way they keep the servers on. You said you have not spet any money on the game, then to be fair, you are playing because others have. I've spent a little, not a masive amount, but a bit because I too want this game to be something great. That dose not mean I agree with there buisness modle, but I understand why it is like it is. They need to pay people, and keep things on. They tried the cosmetic only route and it must not have worked. So they changed it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 30, 2018, 7:26 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-219391) said:

They have to make money. That is the only way they keep the servers on. You said you have not spet any money on the game, then to be fair, you are playing because others have. I've spent a little, not a masive amount, but a bit because I too want this game to be something great. That dose not mean I agree with there buisness modle, but I understand why it is like it is. They need to pay people, and keep things on. They tried the cosmetic only route and it must not have worked. So they changed it.

To a pay to win system. This is pay to win, because without elite it is hard to own even a single ship of the next Tier. This is inacceptable, if they are suffering from such a gargantuan need to make money, then they have to find more player friendly ways. All I want are higher Rewards, rich capitalist people like you would still be able to blow the money out of their wallets. But I want to be able to enjoy the game too, without spending money on it, but this is just not the case right now.

I like you, but I cannot accept your point of view.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

April 30, 2018, 9 a.m.

Updated //
April 30, 2018, 9:01 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-219393) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-219391) said:

To a pay to win system. This is pay to win, because without elite it is hard to own even a single ship of the next Tier. This is inacceptable, if they are suffering from such a gargantuan need to make money, then they have to find more player friendly ways. All I want are higher Rewards, rich capitalist people like you would still be able to blow the money out of their wallets. But I want to be able to enjoy the game too, without spending money on it, but this is just not the case right now.

I like you, but I cannot accept your point of view.

It is not pay to win. Pay to win means that you buy somehitng from the store that gives you a direct advantage over someone who dose not. As an exsample, if they sold modules in the game store you had to buy with real money that you could not get by playing the game.

Secondly I'm not rich, I have a family to look after, in the year I've been playing I've probably spent £30. Thats it. £2.50 a month. You don't want to spend any money, and thats your choice, there are many people out there who will aslo not spend money for what ever reason, that means other people need to pay for you and them in a way. Right now you can get any ship/module/OB just by playing the game. People who pay for elite will get it faster, but thats it. Any advantage they have is a timed one. Once people catch up to them, they lose the advantage of progressing faster.

It is fair to note that regardless of eliet, there would always be people who can play a game better than others, and so progress faster. The game is set up that you can progress by spendning time or time and money.

You have chosen to spend time. So others are chosing to spend time and money. You get to play the game for free, they get to pay for you to play the game.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

April 30, 2018, 9:05 a.m.

How can it be that we are having this pubstomp problem, if dreadnought is not pay to win? Players who leveled faster with elite squad up, and fight against people who did not spent any money and do not have had the advantage to level that hard. The non elite captains are stomped by the elite squads, causing the non elites to catch up even slower then they already do, causing the elite players to have an advantage upon the non money spending players.

^I want to believe^

April 30, 2018, 9:16 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-219401) said:

How can it be that we are having this pubstomp problem, if dreadnought is not pay to win? Players who leveled faster with elite squad up, and fight against people who did not spent any money and do not have had the advantage to level that hard. The non elite captains are stomped by the elite squads, causing the non elites to catch up even slower then they already do, causing the elite players to have an advantage upon the non money spending players.

Elite has nothing to do with that, Bad match making and people using voice coms on discore vs those who do not, that is the reason you get stomps.

April 30, 2018, 9:34 a.m.

I don't get this fuss with elite, it gives you like a few extra k xp in a good match and if it's a bad one, which will be the case if you're just out of recruit and play a stock t3 ship without ob, there'll barely be any difference elite or not.

The problem is not the grind, but the lack of balance in ships, classes and matchmaking. There's no reason one must hate the grind, if they can enjoy the game itself in the process. Alas, that's hardly possible with the current progression system that takes players who are already at a disadvantage due to having less experience and sends them to compete against the best the game has to offer while giving them a demo version of a ship. New players come into veteran, get shat on by a triple x squad, flying fully equipped T4 ships, check out their reward, then quickly estimate how many more such games they'll have to play before they have at least one fully loaded t4 ships with at least 1-2 obs and uninstall and that's if they don't get the impression that this tiers business is a sign of a p2w model, which I've seen newer players complain about in the game chat after getting stomped by ships and modules they haven't ever seen. Cause if your game is not p2w, that is good, but not too much good if it still appears to be p2w on the first glance to some.

I bet my account on it that this is how it goes in most of the cases. And nothing is ever being done because unlike the "esteemed community members" who either played since the closed alpha and never faced the situation of climbing to a hilltop that was already occupied or just got through it and think that others should too, the players who come and go don't usually rush to forums to start debates and at the very best will just visit once and make one poorly-articulated thread that will be quickly visited by a dreadnought welcoming committee that will fend off all of their claims with the argumentation type of "we like it so it is good" which will hardly persuade the player to stay and reconsider his first impression.

This is clearly the same kind of a feedback the developers mostly get, since if you post on the forums, you probably play the game, and if you play it, you probably like it and if you like it then you don't want it to be changed, at least not drastically, so the discussion gets locked in a positive feedback loop which makes the impression that everyone in the world likes Dreadnought. But if the majority of the opinions are positive, yet the game's playerbase still isn't rising, then maybe it's time to consider the possibility that that those who give them are not representative of the majority of potential players and it's time to at least look into minority reports, if not elsewhere entirely.

April 30, 2018, 9:41 a.m.

I understand the FTP model, but the thing is the game is so geared toward getting people to pay it makes them not want to. It's not just the progression either (which I don't need to go into), it's also the customization.

When you look at the cost of GP packs then at what those GP amounts get you, it's not worth it. $5 for a pattern, or paint scheme that's just for that ship class, or worse a uniform tint or hat that you only see post-match. A freakin' hat you see for 30 seconds. I love visual customization in games, but there is now way I'm paying that much for such a small return. $20 for a hero ship that outside its visual customizations is pretty much worthless? Mmm... no. Hero ships should be big sellers, but not at all here. I've only had the game a few weeks and stuck to recruit or Proving Grounds for veteran, and in the 100+ matches I've played I haven't seen a half dozen hero ships. 90% ships with different paint schemes I've come across are bots. I can't say if it's different in veteran/legendary matches but it's a big sign newcomers aren't paying for extras.

The pay to progress system is basically micro-transactions, possibly the most hated thing in the gaming community. Granted, the system isn't as bad as I've seen on other FtP games (I saw one where it was $85 for a tank and some decals...) but it's bad enough people aren't biting.

Personally I'd much rather pay for the game up front and have some DLC/season pass than pay piecemeal. With so little return for real world money to buy GP, oppressive grind and the likelihood of getting stomped at higher levels, I just don't think there's enough in the current setup to get the masses to pay.

April 30, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

Once ships get there complimenty modules, IE the ones that work the best with the way that ship was designed, ship balance is in a good plance for the most part. I agree MM is a mess, it needs to be designed for the player base we have, not the one we want.

I had a discushion the other day on discore with someone who said MM is fine as it is, it just needs more players. The problem there is, with the MM as it is, you will not get new players because of the matches you get now.

The moment to moment game play in this game is great, and when you do get a balanced match they are really fun. Sadly from my exsperiance balanced fun matches seem to be the exption and not the rule.

April 30, 2018, 9:59 a.m.

Greybox needs to make the investment in some well-enough-exposed advertising to "help fix" the current matchmaker; Twitch streams as well as gaming conventions in which a game is competing with hundreds of others for expsoure won't cut it.

Maybe crowdfunding to fund advertisements could be a possible, if not a bit whimisical, idea.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.