FORUMS

Dreadnought is broken

Posted: //
April 30, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

Updated //
April 30, 2018, 10:08 a.m.

The moment to moment game play in this game is great, and when you do get a balanced match they are really fun. Sadly from my exsperiance balanced fun matches seem to be the exption and not the rule.

Nailed it. I agree. I just had such a fun Onslaught match with my brandnew Murometz, Rapidfire is one of my standard arty modules now. But I am not feeling comfortable with the movement disability on the higher tiers. I did not play with T4 RF yet, let's see how it is. (Should have recorded that match, finished as Man of the Day)

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 30, 2018, 12:30 p.m.

Don't buy RF4. RF3 is by far the better option.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 30, 2018, 12:54 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-219432) said:

Don't buy RF4. RF3 is by far the better option.

So wouldn't it be a good suggestion to remove this movement disability feature?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

April 30, 2018, 9:01 p.m.

The movement debuff is far less the issue than the drain debuff, since the lack of drain on RF3 lets you chain rapidfire shots with power to weapons.

Born to ride the storm description

May 1, 2018, 5:03 a.m.

Polarissb#3313 posted (#post-219512) said:

The movement debuff is far less the issue than the drain debuff, since the lack of drain on RF3 lets you chain rapidfire shots with power to weapons.

What? How shīt is that please?!

^I want to believe^

May 1, 2018, 7:16 p.m.

So I haven't played in months. Back when I was active, I often scored in the top 3, have quite a few T4s, I think a T5, and was at least slightly above average as far as KDR(just so you can get an idea of where I'm coming from).

I'm interested in returning, especially depending on tomorrow's big announcement, but I wanted to peruse the forums first before attempting to dive back in.

Back when I was active, the biggest issue aside from bugs was MM and stomps. I often found myself against squadded up SOS who could wipe the floor with my teams, and there was no amount of carrying i could do to prevent that. combined with a guaranteed loss against certain squads, the long wait times in between matches and long grinds when not using Elite made for a pretty boring and unenjoyable experience after a short while. It was demoralizing, because no matter how good I got, how much I sunk into Briefings and modules, I still couldn't grind very fast when my matchups were so severely skewed. It's also no fun having completely one-sided matches, where the scores don't even begin to approach a close match.

The grind however has never been a game-breaking issue for me, I've accomplished it with and without Elite, in various patches when the grind was better or worse. I'm more concerned with enjoyment now. The MM/Stomping issue however was a very real one, and I think the biggest thing holding DN back overall from becoming a successful title. Now I come back and see even Belial saying it's still an issue, and that scares me. I see less SOS posting, so that's a good sign, but if someone like belial is having poor matches, and openly admitting it? That gives me serious pause.

So just how bad is it? As a returning player I expect it's going to be rough adjusting, relearning controls, being thrown into more difficult matchups due to my higher KDR, higher-tier ships, etc. I'm prepared for that, but is it going to continue to be rough even when I knock the rust off? That's what I'm worried about. Would love to hear from veteran players and newbs alike on this one.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 2, 2018, 3:57 a.m.

Queue times are quite fast. Squads can still be a problem, but how big of a problem is all time of day dependant, and if there are legendary matches gong on.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 2, 2018, 7:50 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-219573) said:

Queue times are quite fast. Squads can still be a problem, but how big of a problem is all time of day dependant, and if there are legendary matches gong on.

Thanks for the reply Belial. After watching today's stream, I'm pretty excited for the future of DN for the first time in a long time. Looking forward to getting back into it and many of the new features the devs have planned. I was severely burnt out when I last played, but I've always loved the core game and can't wait to see it grow and improve.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.