FORUMS

New player imppresions of tier 3 ships heavy destroyer and light dreadnought

Posted: //
May 7, 2018, 4:45 p.m.

Updated //
May 7, 2018, 4:50 p.m.

I just want to express how unpleasant it is to do so little dmg without any burst on the heavy destroyer and the light dread tier 3

These 2 ships are hiting very weak the ships and are easily out healed.

Also on a side note i am disliking how low amount of xp we are getting. I`m not gonna spend antother 5 years to get to tier 4 and tier 5 .

May 8, 2018, 3:54 a.m.

What do you mean by low amount? How much is low? Try getting riddons for a better score, link on onslaught kill as many fighters and assault ships as you can on the way to kill the command ship. Use a debuff module like drain torpedos before getting a kill so get the savator ribbon and boost your score.

The grind in the game is not too bad imo. If you are finding it a pain, consider getting elite that will help a lot with it. when Ive had elite I have found the "grind" is super quick.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 8, 2018, 6:13 a.m.

Updated //
May 8, 2018, 6:14 a.m.

• Weapon Damage: 615,207
  • Module Damage: 319,517
  • Energy Used: 1,632
  • Kills: 12
  • Assists: 3
  • Match Score: 5,755
  • Total XP (with elite): 18,950

These stats are from a single match that I had in the GRAVIS - The Oberon Tier 3 Light Dreadnought. I can understand the hate for the Dola, that ship is disgusting. But the Gravis? I will NOT have you slander it's good name.

You might just be lacking experience or just not yet comfortable about the ships play styles. Consider looking into your style of play, the Gravis is a light dreadnought, it's purpose is not intended for it to brawl on the frontlines with other dreadnoughts for extended periods. You get up behind the main dreadnought (Maybe a chernbog or Voronezh) do damage, use modules then back out, you have damage AND range with primaries on your side over other kinds of dreads.

Maybe watch a guide and come on over to the Dreadnought Official discord and have a chat with players about this. Also rule of thumb, you're a T3 you're out matched by most T4's so you can not play ships like you have been in Recruit. Veteran is where the boys with big toys play.

May 8, 2018, 6:25 a.m.

I didn't even think the Dola was that bad...

With everything I'd read before I tried it, I was expecting an absolute pig. Admittedly it's not great, and the reload time is painful, but it's a perfectly serviceable ship. The Blud is leagues ahead though, that thing's a beast.

May 8, 2018, 7:54 a.m.

The Dola was bad, it's been improved but is probably still the "worst" of the T3 destroyers. Just requires a different playstyle.

May 8, 2018, 8:21 a.m.

Updated //
May 8, 2018, 8:44 a.m.

I want to like the Dola, but it feels like it takes forever to bring down a ship with those guns even though it seems like you're firing a hundred at once. Haven't played the Gravis yet as I'm trying to build up my Otranto to get the T4 (Vigo I believe?).

As for the Otranto, I don't have any issues with the main gun, I actually quite like it. Hit the Weapons Boost Pulse module, throw power to weapons and watch the target's health bar drop.

May 8, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

Updated //
May 8, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

254 xp for corvette - 598 xp for dreadnaught all in one game proving grounds .

its way too little xp or i just have to delete the game .

May 8, 2018, 6:26 p.m.

Chillwalker74#9851 posted (#post-220007) said:

Proving grounds is a training mode vs bots, ofc it gives little. Both XP and credit gains are much higher in normal games.

May 8, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

Updated //
May 8, 2018, 7:19 p.m.

Chillwalker74#9851 posted (#post-220007) said:

Proving grounds is for testing out things/training, it is not the best way to gain XP.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.