FORUMS

PSA: Matchmaking in Update 1.3.1 or The Tale of the Underdog

Posted: //
Nov. 2, 2016, 2:47 p.m.

So my 1-Ship T4 fleet could be pulled into a T5 match I never applied for and then cost me thousands of ingame currency in maintenance?
I'm not sure I'd agree to that.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

Nov. 2, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

Tier 1 ships have no repair costs I believe.

And they can't be pulled into a tier 5 battle, the reason the tier 4's are pulled into the lower tiers is because not enough tier 4's to play on their own fights.

I am addicted to Dreadnought like I am addicted to Brake Fluid, I can stop anytime.

Just remember to always shoot the ship being healed and never change tactics and then complain why you lost.

Nov. 2, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 2, 2016, 2:57 p.m.

Nov. 2, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

This update gave me cancer.

Nov. 2, 2016, 4:07 p.m.

ChaosWraith#8422 posted (#post-52219)

Tier 1 ships have no repair costs I believe.

Well, he said that a Veteran Fleet could be pulled into a Legendary game. That means you unexpectedly have double the recoil, unless it depends on the fleet and not the game, in which case I guess it's ok.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

Nov. 2, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

UnLimiTeD#2482 posted (#post-52230)

unless it depends on the fleet and not the game, in which case I guess it's ok.

Pretty sure it's based on the fleet you select. So no matter who you are up against the losses you experience is based on your fleet rank alone. IE you can lose a recruit fleet to veteran and only experience recruit losses...

At least it'd better be that way smile

Nov. 2, 2016, 4:41 p.m.

You get points for addressing the big issue quickly - thanks for that. Now fix the rest of it.

Nov. 3, 2016, 1:37 a.m.

I'm starting to think that this "matchmaking" doesn't even exist. I've encountered numerous t3 ships and even a few non hero t4s without having more than 2 t2 ships. This better get fixed soon, I'm gonna shoot myself if I see another Kali and a single Huscarl, dominate and entire team.

FLASHYN!

Nov. 3, 2016, 1:51 a.m.

Come to forums: "New Update"

does a happy dance

Reads first post, "Matchmaking worse than ever before"

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

The single most broken thing in this game, and instead of fixing it, you make it worse?

As for feedback, fighting a T4 at T1? No. There's nothing fun about that. All that this system does is makes sure that T4's have plenty of targets to shoot at, and no shortage to their stat padding. In other words, you took the biggest problem with the game, and magnified it. I'll check back for the next patch. This one isn't worth playing.

Nov. 3, 2016, 3:40 a.m.

Though i haven't experienced the tier IV against Tier I ships issue, i only played a handful of games because my matchmaking times were really long. It may be the time of day i am jumping on i guess, but some games where a short 3 minute wait while others where about 9 minutes waiting. Anyone else having this issue?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.