FORUMS

My Full Feedback On Shipyard Grindfest Update

Posted: //
Nov. 3, 2016, 12:54 a.m.

I already mentioned this. Yes, tier-3 cost waaaay to much. And overall credits are bottleneck of the game right now.
1)Tier-3 and higher should cost way less. First tier-3 should cost 10,000cr, that very reasonable price.
2)Instead of allowing converting ship xp into free xp for GP. They should make ship xp automatically converted into free xp on fully unlocked/hero ships, and instead allow convert free xp into credits with GP. That system would make most sense.

Nov. 3, 2016, 8:45 a.m.

MorallyGray#0031 posted (#post-52198)
The system is SIGNIFICANTLY MORE grind heavy than the previous installment was.

Can you recall how much time you needed before to get to the last tier of ships(Monarchs etc)?Its roughly the same amount of time.I dont know people,i get your point,but i do like the new progression system,my only suggestion is to lower the price for the repair fleet and thats it.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 3, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-52448)

Can you recall how much time you needed before to get to the last tier of ships(Monarchs etc)?Its roughly the same amount of time.

So because the system before was bad, that justifies the current equally sub-par system. Did I catch that right?

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 3, 2016, 11:28 a.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-52655)

Odin#5262 posted (#post-52448)

Can you recall how much time you needed before to get to the last tier of ships(Monarchs etc)?Its roughly the same amount of time.

So because the system before was bad, that justifies the current equally sub-par system. Did I catch that right?

I guess you are not,i was not calling the actual time of unlocking bad,i was mentioning that both either with old or new the actual times are pretty close.The system before(always for unlocking) was boring,thats what i am saying.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 3, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

I think the problem isn't that the grind takes the same amount of time, it might even take less time in progression 2.0, who knows. The problem is that it feels a lot worse than the level system in my opinion. The previous system might have been really boring and that's kinda true, but the current system has other frustrations.

Before, we could sort of tell, oh I need 20 more levels to unlock the ship that I want so I can buy it. That adds a goal. The current progression system, you don't really have any clue how long it will take to unlock something until you research the ship and find out its credit cost, especially when you may have to play through an unrelated ship line in order to unlock it.

Nov. 4, 2016, 6:41 a.m.

Yep this patch basically sucked the wind out of the sails I had going for this game. you people have summed up my feelings already just tacking my name with you.

Nov. 4, 2016, 7:48 a.m.

Still going to play, but really not too pleased with how the game has changed with regard to progression.
The 8v8 is really great fun however, hopefully there will be more fixes in the pipeline.

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

Nov. 4, 2016, 9:01 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2016, 9:03 a.m.

MorallyGray#0031 posted (#post-52350)

Additionally, the free exp mechanic, lets talk about that.

This mechanic also violently disgusts me, not because of its concept, but because of how expensive it is in this Free to play game. If 1 gp = 40 Fexp, then unlocking a t5 using my math, 1.945.500 Fexp = 48.637 GP. which using the highest conversion at $99.99 for 14000 would cost the player $400 to acquire the ability to convert 48.627 exp into free. The true price of this conversion will land you around $340. Well done Grey Box, this is what people use to define "rip off". This is not Star Citizen, you cannot justify this....... Seriously, Devs, i dare you, justify this......

Edit 1, also free exp cannot be used to purchase things that require credits. So even if you pay the $340 to get the ship unlocked, you still need to grind to get the absurd amount of credits.
[quote end here, fix this stupid forum system and it's > symbol]

This perfectly sums up this cancer inherited from the World of fail business model. I bought a founders pack (though i'm beginning to regret that) because the price was reasonable, especially considering this company's only other game flopped. You're fooling yourself if you believe that most people will be coerced into paying the equivalent price of a half-dozen AAA games to unlock the privilege to unlock content they will simply leave. Even if you decide to dig the grave deeper, and violate the initial promises to not sell power by making credits purchasable people still are not going to pay several hundred dollars to unlock a single high-tier ship

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 4, 2016, 9:47 a.m.

MorallyGray seconded.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I realised that I had to "grind-research-grind-buy" ships and modules of a line I dont even want to play just to get to where I want to.....whats wrong with you?!

Nov. 4, 2016, 10 a.m.

DEVS PLS LISTEN TO THIS THREAD!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.