FORUMS

How I feel about the game (new player)

Posted: //
May 27, 2018, 2:40 a.m.

anyway something dobavili in gameplay

I want to play in the Dreadnought!!!!!

May 27, 2018, 9:18 a.m.

Suggestion: what if when you unlock a new ship, rather than having three preset modules, youre allowed to choose the three you want to start with? (To be clear youd still be limited to the tech tree line). Part of the problem with getting a new ship is if the default setting isnt to your playstyle, it makes it even tougher and more frustrating. Case in point: the Lorica comes with a tractor beam and scatter gun broadside. The former doesnt fit my style and I hate the latter. This basically makes 2 modules for me I dont use, and paired with the T4 grind makes it even more frustrating.

I doubt it would happen, be it balance issues or just a pain on the dev side, but Id like to see it.

May 27, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-221244) said:

Suggestion: what if when you unlock a new ship, rather than having three preset modules, youre allowed to choose the three you want to start with? (To be clear youd still be limited to the tech tree line). Part of the problem with getting a new ship is if the default setting isnt to your playstyle, it makes it even tougher and more frustrating. Case in point: the Lorica comes with a tractor beam and scatter gun broadside. The former doesnt fit my style and I hate the latter. This basically makes 2 modules for me I dont use, and paired with the T4 grind makes it even more frustrating.

I doubt it would happen, be it balance issues or just a pain on the dev side, but Id like to see it.

Since the Lorica has a predecessor you can use its T3 modules, so if you bought the Plasma Broadside T3 on the Gravis, you can use it on the Lorica.

Recruit Engineer

June 6, 2018, 7:57 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-221244) said:

It seems to me that not everyone is aware of this but you are not bound to the default loadout of any newly unlocked ship. You can switch to the modules you already researched/purchased on its lower tier equivalent that fit your playstyle.

You want the Interceptors IV you used to wreak havoc with on your Jutland on your T5-Monarch from the get-go? Just switch to it. You want to have the Bomb Catapult III on your Onager instead the Siege Mode III? Here you go.

You get the pattern. Just because a ship is fitted with a certain set of preset modules doesn't mean you have to stick to it.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

June 6, 2018, 8:38 a.m.

Updated //
June 6, 2018, 8:39 a.m.

That's great until you get to something like the Jutland, which doesn't have any previous modules you can fall back on.

I don't agree with the previous idea though, starting off with sucky modules is a challenge that can (sometimes) be enjoyable.

June 6, 2018, 10:04 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-221248) said:

Since the Lorica has a predecessor you can use its T3 modules, so if you bought the Plasma Broadside T3 on the Gravis, you can use it on the Lorica.

It is a pretty common pitfall, one I fell into myself when I started playing. Perhaps instead of defaultig a set of (often suboptimal) modules when unlocking a new ship the player is prompted to select thier new ships loadout immediately, obviously still limited to thier unlocked modules?

June 6, 2018, 2:53 p.m.

I feel like I should post my thoughts even though Im not a new player. Im more of a "returning" player from about 1 year ago that basically tossed the game after being hit a Connection DC, being forced to pay a repair fee because of that, not having enough to pay for said fee, and being forcefully demoted to Tier 1 ships because of it. Thankfully it seems that system was tossed. And honestly? Im not sad to see it go.

Now, here what I feel. Gameplay wise, It hasn't really changed much from last year. Its manuvering, Proper reactor usage, Effective use of abilities, Proper aim, For standardized ship to ship combat at it's fundamental core. If there were any big changes in balances or tweaking, I don't really know, it just dosen't feel different from last time so perhaps that's a good thing. Though Conquest is pretty new, and so is proving grounds.

Map and Combat UI is lousy, hasn't changed. -There is still a critical lack of information on the Solar seas. We have a Minimap that won't expand and only shows a general location of enemy ships on sensors and it's only on the tiny corner minimap. -Call outs are fairly uninformative. It works if captains are facing the same way and highlighting a target to focus fire, It doesn't work if people are requesting repairs or asking to regroup on them. It dosen't work for pointing out where an enemy is IF you don't see said enemy, it only highlights their position on the minimap. But again, If you are not within the minimap's range, you don't see them. -If you are looking in another direction, opposite to the person giving out the regroup call out, OR hidden behind the enviroment...You don't REALLY see anything, maybe some tiny markings next to their name. It does not show a location. It would be nice to have an arrow showing WHO needs repairs, or who to regroup on.

The grind...Is...painful. But tolerable. I played World of Warships, World of tanks, War thunder, and Steel Ocean. This is nowhere near that level of AGONY. Its really nice to only have to grind the modules and not the modules AND the ships separately.

With that said...I do not understand the reward system. Sometimes I get paid very little for doing seemingly well, and sometimes I get paid well for doing seemingly little. Theres something strangely inconsistent with it and I can't really say with certainty that it's basing my performance off of kills, heals, ribbons and assists. And its somehow fueling my frusteration towards the grind.

Regardless of these thoughts, ill probably stick around longer this time. T4 ships are rather exquisite.

description

Its a Dreadnought, Destroyer, Artillery Cruiser, and Carrier all in one. Yet we call it a Space Battleship. Surprisingly Its not the only one.

June 6, 2018, 3:50 p.m.

The different game modes award XP and Credits differently. So what you do in each mode differs so will the rewards.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.