FORUMS

Serious flaws that cause people to quit

Posted: //
May 12, 2018, 4:21 a.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2018, 4:23 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-220169) said:

While I agree with a lot of things you said, there is an underlying issue that causes this: a small player base. There just arent enoigh people playing right now to correct the match making issue. People complained about too long queue times so they are foeced to create unbalanced matches. This causes less experienced players to quit as its not enjoyable to get crushed by a squad.

Only in small part. The bigger problem is the lack of a working team balancer. So you get those battles with all the solo high rank players on the same team as the high level squad, and all the low rank players on the other. That has nothing at all to do with player base and could be fixed right now (and should have been years ago).

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220233) said:

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has p**sed me off for the last time.

F

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 12, 2018, 5:48 a.m.

I can only agree with most of what you said. Matchmaking does really weird things most of the time. But it's not always lvl 50 players squadding up, it's the matchmaker putting together imbalanced teams. I assume the MM only tries to balance teams by W/L ratio, not looking at available modules/officer briefings at all, resulting in uneven teams regarding experience and gear. I can only speak for myself, though, ive spent more than 99% of my time in this game flying solo.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

May 12, 2018, 6:16 a.m.

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has p**sed me off for the last time.

Lopsided games have become the norm, and I've lost interest, which is sad because the game play is great. But Only winning one game in 5 because you are facing squads or the game just stacks ships one side over the other is not.

Lol, you aren't playing anymore but still deny my Carriers?

If I have enough of Dreadnought, I focus on other games and return later on.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 12, 2018, 6:31 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-220247) said:

Lopsided games have become the norm, and I've lost interest, which is sad because the game play is great. But Only winning one game in 5 because you are facing squads or the game just stacks ships one side over the other is not.

Lol, you aren't playing anymore but still deny my Carriers?

If I have enough of Dreadnought, I focus on other games and return later on.

What's that got to do with anything?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 12, 2018, 9:49 a.m.

Why are you so hostile?

I know that I cannot handle critic that perfectly, and sometimes I am a dīck, yes. I don't want a conflict wIth you.

Regarding the state of the game: T4 and T5 grind have to be improved somehow. Maybe a little T3 grind buff too.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 12, 2018, 11:35 a.m.

This matchmaking phenomena, combined with meagre XP/credits for a loss AND the long grinds led me to uninstall this game, too.

May 12, 2018, 3:12 p.m.

With a player base this size, squads are cancerous. Forget the XP, there is no fun to be had in a lopsided win or loss.

Come join me @ Twitch

May 13, 2018, 12:48 a.m.

Dreadnought isnt a casual game, so you must learn and adapt. Player rank doesnt affect your skill. Learn to play, get your own squad, and win. This game is all about teamplay, so its obvious and logical that squads win more games than random solo players. If you dont want to do that - its your problem, not game's.

May 13, 2018, 1:49 a.m.

Updated //
May 13, 2018, 1:51 a.m.

MEEYO-8#6065 posted (#post-220253) said:

This matchmaking phenomena, combined with meagre XP/credits for a loss AND the long grinds led me to uninstall this game, too.

slabofbacon#9340 posted (#post-220256) said:

With a player base this size, squads are cancerous. Forget the XP, there is no fun to be had in a lopsided win or loss.

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has psed me off for the last time.

Ha-ha-ha... How is it used to talk with pocket fanboys? "You just have not enough skill, play better." And this is the only answer to you.

"Tresspasser will..." The inscription on the house of Piglet

May 13, 2018, 2:06 a.m.

Po100ronnymV#7518 posted (#post-220265) said:

MEEYO-8#6065 posted (#post-220253) said:

slabofbacon#9340 posted (#post-220256) said:

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has psed me off for the last time.

Ha-ha-ha... How is it used to talk with pocket fanboys? "You just have not enough skill, play better." And this is the only answer to you.

I have screen shot after screen shot matches where one side is "stacked" with more skilled players than the other. I could have all the skill in the world, I'm not going to beat 5 highly skilled guys.

As for lillith, with out casual players f2p game die off quickly. Sure f2p games have the "wales" what give the most monetary support to the game, but casual players are the ones more likely to pay to buy XP to catch up. Also casual players are the bulk population of every game. Wanting the game to be just for the "pro elite" will end the game quickly.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Closed