FORUMS


Serious flaws that cause people to quit



Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 2:32 a.m.


Updated //
May 13, 2018, 2:33 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220266) said:

I have screen shot after screen shot matches where one side is "stacked" with more skilled players than the other. I could have all the skill in the world, I'm not going to beat 5 highly skilled guys.

That what you get for playing solo in a teamplay game. If you want to gain full experience - team up. If you can't (actually everyone can, but some dont want to) - enjoy your scraps, and look how true players do the game. It's not a matchmaking problem. It's how it should be.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220266) said:

As for lillith, with out casual players f2p game die off quickly. Sure f2p games have the "wales" what give the most monetary support to the game, but casual players are the ones more likely to pay to buy XP to catch up. Also casual players are the bulk population of every game. Wanting the game to be just for the "pro elite" will end the game quickly.

EVE. Opposite of casusal. Not even close to dead.


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 2:52 a.m.



Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220268) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220266) said:

I have screen shot after screen shot matches where one side is "stacked" with more skilled players than the other. I could have all the skill in the world, I'm not going to beat 5 highly skilled guys.

That what you get for playing solo in a teamplay game. If you want to gain full experience - team up. If you can't (actually everyone can, but some dont want to) - enjoy your scraps, and look how true players do the game. It's not a matchmaking problem. It's how it should be.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220266) said:

As for lillith, with out casual players f2p game die off quickly. Sure f2p games have the "wales" what give the most monetary support to the game, but casual players are the ones more likely to pay to buy XP to catch up. Also casual players are the bulk population of every game. Wanting the game to be just for the "pro elite" will end the game quickly.

EVE. Opposite of casusal. Not even close to dead.

Yeah That's why Eve had to go free to play.......

Not all squads are created equal, casuals are that because they don't have the time to sink in to the game that others do.

At This point I'm not sure if you are trolling or just don't know how game populations work.

Also people do not all have the same skill level. They reach a point and can't get any better. Be it connection, parifirals or plain old reflexes. Saying people need to get better is just the dumbest thing in the world to say and shows you only believe your point of view is the right one. Sad really.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 4:51 a.m.



So as I am playing right now, I have had 5 matches in a row where I was the only 3 star on my team, but the other team had 4 or more.

I bail out of those games, there is no chance winning. Those who play the game out will lose. But I have noticed since I have stopped playing games I will certainly lose, my stats are increasing nicely.

I hope the devs fix the issues, soon. The game cannot continue in it's broken state for much longer the way I see it.


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 5:05 a.m.



That's why you can't get better. You just bail out from any challenge, and then going forums to whine about "broken matchmaking". Only thing broken here is your attitude. Matchmaking is fine. Also, maybe this game isn't for you?


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 5:21 a.m.



You disgusting fools.

Everyone of you should be ashamed! Dreadnought did not deserve this, it is a great game that did not even experience full release. Of course the are some serious flaws and issues, but this is a common issue for games. We can already be thankful that Dreadnought does not offer any Lootcrates, or forced us to refresh Battle bonus with Gp. The developers are working hard and passionate. I stuck with Dreadnought, although I took a break from it multiple times. Every game does experience up and downs during the development phase. A real Captain would follow Dreadnought through the good and the bad times. I am playing, although the Grind literally caused me to loose my mind and sanity. I am playing, although healbałłs really sūck sometimes. Why? Because I am passionate of Dreadnought. If you are unwilling of reporting bugs, give feedback and even love Dreadnought so much, that you won't be allowed on the Discord server anymore, then get outta here! Game Development is something serious, and there have to be people who really love the game. I maybe do not spend money on Dreadnought, but I report bugs and give Feedback.

Dreadnought does not deserve the fate of being shut down. And if that should happen, then I demand a free copy of the Dreadnought Dev build. No games shall die anymore in the future.

Do not regret the past, but welcome the future.


The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 5:30 a.m.



I just can speak for my self sure i don't play in such high leagues with high lvl people but its more luck even if you are alone you can disturbe teams or even shoot down some of their members. I personally would wish extra lobbies for squad players, and that you can play with up to 6 members in squad. That would give the game a new dynamik when squads play against squads and soloplayers against soloplayers.


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 5:57 a.m.



Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-220275) said:

You disgusting fools.

Everyone of you should be ashamed! Dreadnought did not deserve this, it is a great game that did not even experience full release. Of course the are some serious flaws and issues, but this is a common issue for games. We can already be thankful that Dreadnought does not offer any Lootcrates, or forced us to refresh Battle bonus with Gp. The developers are working hard and passionate. I stuck with Dreadnought, although I took a break from it multiple times. Every game does experience up and downs during the development phase. A real Captain would follow Dreadnought through the good and the bad times. I am playing, although the Grind literally caused me to loose my mind and sanity. I am playing, although healbałłs really sūck sometimes. Why? Because I am passionate of Dreadnought. If you are unwilling of reporting bugs, give feedback and even love Dreadnought so much, that you won't be allowed on the Discord server anymore, then get outta here! Game Development is something serious, and there have to be people who really love the game. I maybe do not spend money on Dreadnought, but I report bugs and give Feedback.

Dreadnought does not deserve the fate of being shut down. And if that should happen, then I demand a free copy of the Dreadnought Dev build. No games shall die anymore in the future.

Do not regret the past, but welcome the future.

Nice reality you have there.

Now The Devs have said the MM needs more players to work as intended, so it's not "fine" there hope is steam will yeald the numbers needed for balanced matches. I hope it will. The game is not a bad game. It is fun. But going into a match knowing full well the other team has more skilled players on it, a person can only take that for so long before they walk.

The other thing is steam players are very unforgiving. A game lives and dieds by player reviews on steam. Keep that in mind. The gamble is more players for things to work ad it should.

I already said once, the MM needs to be balanced for the player base we have, not the one we want. I really hope steam will give the Devs the base they want.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 8:06 a.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220280) said:

The other thing is steam players are very unforgiving. A game lives and dieds by player reviews on steam. Keep that in mind. The gamble is more players for things to work ad it should.

Except to get more players, things have to work as they should first, else you're only getting more negative reviews. I'm still pretty sure the problem is not just the low publicity but the low player retention too. Newcomer come, see the grind, see how they get tomped, see the rewars they get for getting stomped and say no thanks. Where's guarantee it won't be the same way with the steam playerbase? Except the flocks will be bigger and this time they'll have a chance to immortalise their displeasure on the steam store page, so if devs have been waiting for the giant playerbase to fix their mm, they better roll out the fix before the new arrival starts.


Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 9:27 a.m.



Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220268) said:

That what you get for playing solo in a teamplay game. If you want to gain full experience - team up. If you can't (actually everyone can, but some dont want to) - enjoy your scraps, and look how true players do the game. It's not a matchmaking problem. It's how it should be.

Im not sure whats worse: your flawed logic or holier than thou attitude. "True players." Really?



Posted: //
May 13, 2018, 11:59 a.m.



Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220262) said:

Dreadnought isnt a casual game, so you must learn and adapt. Player rank doesnt affect your skill. Learn to play, get your own squad, and win. This game is all about teamplay, so its obvious and logical that squads win more games than random solo players. If you dont want to do that - its your problem, not game's.

I think you are missing the entire point of the conversation. This game has a serious problem, that is retention of players. This conversation is about one of the reasons why people leave this game.

If the game only rewards people who play in squads, but allows and encourages singular play, then there is a problem. Some of us do not want to squad up, personally I have been in corps on EVE online, and it's always drama, drama I rather do without. I prefer fighting with randoms, the dynamics are ever changing, and think about this. After playing with the same squad, over and over winning match after match where is the challenge, or the fun, or the pleasure? It's a hollow win.

If the devs want to make all squads, that should be expressed explicitly. But it seems to me that they at least understand that many players do not want to be forced to join a squad. I do not want to be forced to play in a squad. SPECIALLY while the game is so seriously flawed in the team creation. I do not want to win when I do not or my team does not deserve it. I don't want to win every match. I want a challenge, a fair challenge. I want a fight that pushes me to perform better, to figure new tactics, to play ever changing. Not a boring, static squad of lvl 50s winning ever game. This game is about team play, as randoms and squads. You should realize this considering it's very obvious that singular players do play more so than squads.

It's not about squads winning more games, it's about new players losing most, almost all their games, it's about people that grind that way, hard, that get to vet and then realize the matches are all screwed up, seriously flawd, and they cannot win unless they carefully choose the games they play, and opt out of the ones that are obvious unfair matches. Most people at this point will give up and leave! It's harder to regain a customer than to get a new one, but we do not have enough new players coming into the game because those that leave, talk.

How you can completely miss this is beyond me. I suspect you play in a squad and mostly have always done so. Or that you just very simply like winning almost all your matches playing with a squad. Why anyone, in a squad or not would support an obviously, seriously flawed team creation is far beyond me. Really, do you honestly have fun winning matches you know you will win before? Do you honestly like playing unfair matches?

Closed