FORUMS

Serious flaws that cause people to quit

Posted: //
May 14, 2018, 1:31 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-220348) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-220344) said:

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220342) said:

It's confirmed by devs that punishment for leavers will be significantly increased in next updates. So yeah, the issue of your kind ruining games for everyone will be fixed soon

Yeah, "his kind" are the ones that ruin games... Since you haven't noticed (missing a recurring theme of yours), the game will die because of people like you, not him. You sound like a religious fanatic with questionable sanity.

I really hate it when people leave because of squads. We have to do all the work, and that captain just leaves. Traitors, sorry but it really feels like this sometimes.

It sounds like "I think that someone else should also suck the d@ck, if I myself lack the spirit to pull it out of my mouth".

"Tresspasser will..." The inscription on the house of Piglet

May 14, 2018, 1:55 p.m.

It's confirmed by devs that punishment for leavers will be significantly increased in next updates. So yeah, the issue of your kind ruining games for everyone will be fixed soon

People not having fun will not care. Depending on what the "punishment" is it could just drive them from the game all together. Making the player base even smaller.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 14, 2018, 2:02 p.m.

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220349) said:

Just keep lying about your "issues" that "killing" the game, there's 0.00001% chance that some dev might actually believe your words.

Anyway, I believe that DN developers will focus on the actual game problems, instead of wasting time on comforting a small insignificant bunch of leavers that avoiding any challenge and refusing to play teamplay game as a team.

tl;dr: stop projecting your small problems on a game. Learn to play and get a squad.

The player retention metrics might disagree with you there. Why do you think sheltered match making is a thing this game has. Its so players new to the game don't get rolled on there first match. Sadly that then happens when they join Veteran. It's also why you see the same names every match.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 14, 2018, 2:03 p.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2018, 3:03 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220353) said:

People not having fun will not care. Depending on what the "punishment" is it could just drive them from the game all together. Making the player base even smaller.

Players that leaving matches aren't a playerbase anyway, because thay are not playing actually So the game loses nothing, except players that cannot play accordingly and ruining matches for real playerbase.

May 14, 2018, 2:46 p.m.

*>Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220349) said:

Just keep lying about your "issues" that "killing" the game, there's 0.00001% chance that some dev might actually believe your words.

Anyway, I believe that DN developers will focus on the actual game problems, instead of wasting time on comforting a small insignificant bunch of leavers that avoiding any challenge and refusing to play teamplay game as a team.

tl;dr: stop projecting your small problems on a game. Learn to play and get a squad.

It sounds like "I think that someone else should also suck the d@ck, if I myself lack the spirit to pull it out of my mouth".

Players that leaving matches aren't a playerbase anyway, because thay are not playing actually So the game loses nothing, except players that cannot play accordingly and ruining matches for actual playerbase. *

Oh man, you actually don't get it.... You're actually unable to understand the basic, simple logic and reasoning behind what's being said to you. What miniscule annoyance you may have generated has turned to pity. Seriously, it's sad....

May 14, 2018, 6:20 p.m.

Okay, where is this confirmed. I can say this, I know of a lot of people who will quit if they try to punish people for bailing out of matches that are obviously not a fight that can be won. You suggesting it's confirmed does not make it so, lets see your evidence. If confirmed, that means you have empiracle proof it has been expressed. So, either put up or you know, keep your fingers from typing.

Leaving a match that is not a fair fight, that is obviously heavily skewed in favor of a team that is made of of a squad is allowed, if it wasn't allowed that might be very different. But it is, it's an option when you hit the escape key. I leave the match before it ever starts, no during the game but before the match starts, before the countdown timer ends.

Can you imagine how incredibly bias and unfair it would be to punish people who play this game, many who PAY to play this game and support your gameplay by doing so, to be penalized for leaving an unfair match that the devs put together?

If teams were meant to only be made up of squads, do you know think that maybe, just maybe the DEVs would force you to be in a squad, like EVE online forces you to be in a corp? Do you honestly believe that the devs want to drive off all the paying customers that are usually casual players (Because they have a job, they make money but have less time to play the game) by instituting punishment for leaving unfair matches their algorythym employs?

Lilith, I think perhaps you have become so emotionally attached to your argument that your mind automatically refuses to poder any other points regardless of their merit. I will make one more attempt to explain things to you, so that you might understand where your logic and claims fail, utterly.

Teams and Squads are different. A squad is a group of people who get together, outside the team creation. They are people who want to play as a squad, within a team.

So, teams can be made up of (squads and random players) (Pure squads) (Pure randoms)

Now, you continue to use the word team as if that automatically means squad, it does not. Teams are created prior to a match, and only just prior to that match. They are not made up of people who decide to play together, except when the team contains within it a squad. Do you understand?

So we all play in teams, some poeple play in squads within teams, some play as randoms within teams. You are right in one way, we all were meant to play in TEAMS. But we are not all meant to play in SQUADS.

Is that clear enough for you now Lilith?

Considering that people who pay, and are more often than not casual players, and considering that squads usually want players who are active, I would suggest that the devs, Greybox and whoever else is making decisions, will want to do everything in their power to protect the paying, player base. That being the case, guess what? Punishing people that pay will cause this game to break.

Now, pay attention to what I am about to say, and maybe if you keep an open mind and accept the fact you could be very wrong in your assumptions you might begin to understand what for the rest of us is easily understood without explanation. You claim that the devs will heavily punish people who leave a match before it ends. You sound rabid in your argument, partly because your argument and assertions make absolutely no logical sense whatsoever. But regardless, it seems to me clear that you just want people to shoot at for XP and don't honestly care about the state of the game, so long as you get your XP or fix of kills, or play with your squad against lesser skilled and ranked players. It seems you might prefer just shooting at targets instead of having an active, fair engagement. I cannot see any other reason for your rabid behavior in arguing an illogical point. When people argue using emotions rather than logic, they end up saying things that make absolutely no sense, as you have over and over and over.

How about this Lilith. You play as a complete random for a month without leaving any match before its end, just as you propse all of us should do, and that you claim the devs will punish people for. You do that for a month and then check your stats, check the amount of XP you earn over that month. When you realize and understand the issue after that month, then come back with a logical argument that supports your claims.

I have been keeping spreadsheets for this exact reason. I already keep spreadsheets for EVE Online so it wasn't a big deal for me. But in doing so and tracking my progress against the tactics I employ, including leaving unfair matches and only playing matches up to the point there are two more 50lvl players on the opposing team compared to mine, I have found my stats have increased greatly. I have found I have earned far more XP in a much shorter time. I have found I enjoy the game far more because I am not just playing through a match I knew I would lose before it started, just for the sake of the opposing team accumulating xp. I am not here to do you any favors Lilith, I am not here to present myself and my ship for you to gain XP from. It sounds to me you are just simply a self centered, self important, narcissistic player who only wants to win and gain xp, but does not care about the game's future, does not care about how unfair it is to other players, does not care about the game or anyone else but yourself.

Personally I want to see this game succeed. If done correctly, this can be an amazing game. If not, it will die and be forgotten. So how do we get to where people want to play, instead of people leaving the game totally? There are obviously serious issues with this game, and it's mechanics, specially the team creation. But so long as Greybox and the Devs work towards making the game better, and more fair team matches I am willing to stick it out. But I can say this, the minute that people are punished for leaving matches that are obviously not fair, I am gone for good. I am not going to play a game, specially pay any more into a game that does not care enough about it's player base to fix the glarringly obvious problems that cause people to pleave, in droves.

Now Lilith, you can easily admit that we have serious issues with the player base. That the game has serious issues with retention rates. And you also must aggree if you are a logical thinking person, that the issues with people leaving are directly related to issues in the game itself. What matters is that people are leaving, regardless of how you think the game should operate, they are leaving in droves so something, you must aggree, must change. The issues need to be identified and fixed or the game will die, period. So, knowing there are issues with the game mechanics in some way that cause people to leave, what would you suggest is the problem? How would you explain the mass exodus of players on a regular basis? How can you explain why the game is failing when it should be flurishing?

It's not people who refuse to play unfair matches that cause people to leave, there will be another fill in anyway. And think of this Lilith, no matter if people leave a match, if a worst case scenerio you will have an AI player, which you can kill even easier. No, I am starting to think you have an issue with yourself. A player leaving a match where the team creation is obviously unfair, does not affect the team that is going to win the match, not at all. So the issue I think you personally have is that you want to easily kill real players so you can feel whatever it makes you feel. Which by the way is telling about the type of person you are.

So what problem do you have in your life that would cause you to want to play this game so you can make real people feel the way they do after they lose an unfair match. It seems to me your real intent is something else. Being that people leaving a match absolutely have no bearing over your scores while you are playing in a squad, except that they actually would improve your score, specially if replaced by an AI, it seems you just want to kill targets weaker than you. So you actually don't want any challenge at all, what you want is to shoot live targets for your own giddy pleasure.

I also want to get this straight. People just like you, who play in squads, just like you, and claim people that leave a match are not wanting a challenge, well what challenge do you have playing in a squad? I would like to know, if almost every single match you play is against randoms, and I know this for a fact, where is your challenge? And if arguing others don't want a challenge, when not playing in a squad, in a team, why are you not playing as a random yourself? Let me tell you this about yourself, that you seem to have totally missed because you are presenting an emotional argument and not a logical one. You in fact do not want a challenge, you want easy wins and when people bail out of a match for a fair challenge, then you nut up because now you are shooting an AI and not a real person.

You are the reason people leave the game, and people like you. It's the unfair matches and the overwhelming odds that cannot be beaten that cause people to leave, and that is exactly what you are arguing for. You are the reason, not people leaving a match to be replaced by someone else or AI. You. It is people just like you that cause people to leave. Not those of us who choose to fight against an unfair team creation.

And let me leave you with one last thought Lilith, sense you seem to be totally oblivious to what a challenge actually means. Literally, challenge means: "a call to take part in a contest or competition, especially a duel". When you play against a team that is made up of far more skilled players, when you know for a fact you are going to lose, that is no longer a challenge. That is more akin to pressing a button to lose. In the real world, the general of an army is not going to fight a superior force unless they have an advantage. Look at the first Gulf war Desert Shield and Desert Storm, and the tactics that Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf employed to win that battle. Faced with opposing a much larger military force, he refused to engage them directly, instead he flanked them. Unless left with no other options, no general will attack a superior force unless they can gain a tactical advantage. Even in the real world, people do not fight unfair fights, they seek to make them fair before they engage.

I would be very interested in you taking up my challenge to you personally, to play one full month strictly as a random and then argue your point.

May 14, 2018, 6:30 p.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2018, 7 p.m.

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220355) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220353) said:

Players that leaving matches aren't a playerbase anyway, because thay are not playing actually So the game loses nothing, except players that cannot play accordingly and ruining matches for real playerbase.

When a players leaves a team that is certain to lose a match, at worst, AI takes over and it doesn't change the outcome of the game at all.

When players bail on a grossly unfair match, they re-que for a new match, thus they actually if you think about this logically, are creating a situation where more games are played, and games come faster in que. Because they force the game, literally, to replace people who choose NOT to play unfair matches, with AI. Thus your reasoning is flawed, and incorrect.

It's obvious you do not argue logically, and that it's purely an emotional argument for you. We cannot tell if you are a logical thinking person or not, but we can tell you do not use logic in these arguments. It's as if logic has totally left you while you pound out your nasty messages on your keyboard. I get the feeling there is something in your personal life that you have failed at, and that playing this game in a mode where you win constantly is your form of success. Or it allows for your brain to release those small string amino acids that you have become emotionally addicted to. Just like chewing gum works for taking a test, because our brain knows if we have time to stop and eat, then there must be no threats so it calms us down because our brain releases those small string amino acids that calm us.

Nothing you have stated has any logical merit, and you may perhaps wish to understand this. When people read your posts and realize they make no sense at all, they automatically chose the opposing argument or create an opposing argument themselves. What you are actually in effect doing is harming what you want to happen by continually presenting illogical arguments that make no logical sense. In effect, you hurt yourself and are so emotionally caught up in your own argument you cannot see the blatant damage you do to your own argument.

I am having a very difficult time keeping an open mind when reading your arguments myself. Not because I don't want to honestly, understand your point but because of the serious lack of employing logic you seem to suffer from. When almost every sentence expresses your argument is not logical, my mind wants to automatically disregard anything else regardless of merit. I have to work at considering each point you make and strive to keep an open mind. It's very difficult to do when your arguments lack logic. I can just imagine what others who read your posts and nasty messages must think, and if they also try hard to keep an open mind so that they might better understand what you are expressing. You are losing any credibility you might have had by continuing to lash out emotionally at others, and your lack of employing any form of logic.

May 14, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-220359) said:

Oh man, you actually don't get it.... You're actually unable to understand the basic, simple logic and reasoning behind what's being said to you. What miniscule annoyance you may have generated has turned to pity. Seriously, it's sad....

I don't believe we will be able to engage Lilith in any honest discourse that uses any framework of logic. Lilith is arguing emotionally, which also causes me to suspect other things about lilith's real life. I don't want to express it here as it would amount to outing someone who might have a very difficult life, living as someone they don't feel they are. But I do seriously suspect there are major issues with Lilith we don't know that cause Lilith to lash out with such vile hatred towards people who just honestly want to make the game better.

But so far as having a logical conversation with Lilith? I don't think that is possible, not unless Lilith decides that Lilith is going to set lilith's emotions aside, and make Liliths points logically.

As I don't know if Lilith is male or female, not that I care or it really matters. I am going to call Lilith, Lilith instead of he or she from now on. I suspect there are real life issues going on that might cause Lilith to behave in certain ways. We can be whoever we want in fantasy worlds, and some people chose to be someone totally different than they are in real life. I just don't want to contribute to any specific type of confusion someone might be experiencing, which I suspect might be the case with Lilith.

I am not going to out you Lilith, but if what I suspect is happening with you, actually is. I would suggest talking with someone who might understand what you are going through, family member or perhaps a profesional. Honestly, I say this in the hopes it may help you. I suspect, only by what you have expressed in this forum, that you might be going through a very tough time currently, and trying to understand yourself better but having a very difficult time in doing so. I might be totally off base and wrong. But having a background in psychology, and specifically profilling people who attempted to gain access to computer networks without permissions, never knowing them personally, I have become fairly adept at identifying certain personality traits in some people. While it's not perfect, and neither am I, I feel strongly that you should seek some outside help. I mean this, seriously. This is not a cheap jab at you, I hope you see it as such.

May 14, 2018, 7:22 p.m.

Sorry about my long responses, while working I have time on my hands while melting alloys. Since it's my own business, I play the game during long wait times or I check the forums. I tend to be long winded as you can see. I am pationate about this game and I want to see the player base increase, and the issues resolved. The very reason why I bother to spend the time posting in this forum at all. If you find my responses too long, don't read them, please.

May 14, 2018, 7:39 p.m.

Nexeroff#4718 posted (#post-220378) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-220359) said:

I don't believe we will be able to engage Lilith in any honest discourse that uses any framework of logic. Lilith is arguing emotionally, which also causes me to suspect other things about lilith's real life. I don't want to express it here as it would amount to outing someone who might have a very difficult life, living as someone they don't feel they are. But I do seriously suspect there are major issues with Lilith we don't know that cause Lilith to lash out with such vile hatred towards people who just honestly want to make the game better.

But so far as having a logical conversation with Lilith? I don't think that is possible, not unless Lilith decides that Lilith is going to set lilith's emotions aside, and make Liliths points logically.

That much is pretty clear. Even if Lillith is just trolling, well, thats even worse and makes them even less respectable.

Closed