FORUMS

Serious flaws that cause people to quit

Posted: //
May 15, 2018, 12:45 a.m.

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-220407) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220399) said:

The Devs have said the MM needs more players to work as intended. So It's not going to change unless they don't get the needed player base with steam launch.

I bet you remember the days when the player base was pretty massive - and I bet you remember what caused the player base to shrink to near extinction levels - and I bet you remember countering every complaint by the departing players with 'it's beta', 'it's not their fault - the development cycle is very complex' - after every 'update' with triple the bugs prior to each update.

In any case - this game will head to steam and will no longer be beta. Here is the thing though - this game hasn't been in beta phase on PS4 for months now, but even there the player base has been shrinking like the PC player base. Steam will give the player base a big boost in the beginning, but my prediction is this - nothing will change. Every update by the devs will contain another 10 new bugs, players will realize they are being trolled - this game will die one way or another.

You can't fix this game unless you replace nearly every development team member with someone competent - and that's not going to happen.

I'm not sure I would blame the devs themselves, unless they are the ones making the decisious on what to develop. They should certainly have input, this is the reason I speak to them. It's whoever making the decisions that the serious issues of the game have not been resolved. Often, the people who manage the development of games, don't actually play them, they are really business graduates or similar and do not actively play games. Their decisions are based in crunching numbers, gathering and drilling through data, and managing their teams, not in gameplay.

It's a problem, the devs have got to know it's a problem, the managers, decision makers must know there is a serious problem with team creation.

May 15, 2018, 1:55 a.m.

Updated //
May 15, 2018, 2:02 a.m.

maximmm#5966 posted (#post-220405) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-220233) said:

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has p**sed me off for the last time.

Lopsided games have become the norm, and I've lost interest, which is sad because the game play is great. But Only winning one game in 5 because you are facing squads or the game just stacks ships one side over the other is not.

This is the most hilarious post I've read in months.

The most die-hard defender of the corrupt and ignorant devs is quitting. I suspect however that he'll continue to defend the higher ups and the massive screw ups of the devs.

It takes a very special person to defend devs for so long - reminds me of Trump's spokesperson.

I still think the game play is fun. The moment to moment game play is really good. The match balance has driven me mad so I'm taking a brake. Some people take a brake with out uninstalling, it's always been a thing of mine to uninstall what I don't use. I could reinstall next week, maybe the week after, maybe before steam launch, maybe after.

Yes MM has been a problem for a long time I also know how development cyicals work,

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 15, 2018, 4 a.m.

Updated //
May 15, 2018, 4:07 a.m.

Well after playing for almost a year I've uninstalled. The MM has p**sed me off for the last time.

Lopsided games have become the norm, and I've lost interest, which is sad because the game play is great. But Only winning one game in 5 because you are facing squads or the game just stacks ships one side over the other is not.

The most die-hard defender of the corrupt and ignorant devs is quitting. I suspect however that he'll continue to defend the higher ups and the massive screw ups of the devs.

It takes a very special person to defend devs for so long - reminds me of Trump's spokesperson.

Are we really comparing politics and video games now? One is something you mostly have no effect on as it has effect on your life while the other one you can easily stop with. The devs made a game with an apparently very good enough base for a lot of players to get angry about, as I have been myself for various reasons, but making games is a hard job that sometimes becomes unforgiving due to decisions the people who made the game sometimes have no choice over.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending the people who decided the grind, rewards or matchmaking, though I personally have no problems with those things at the moment, rather than the people who were responsible for the gameplay, art, etc..

May 15, 2018, 6:48 a.m.

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-220416) said:

Are we really comparing politics and video games now? One is something you mostly have no effect on as it has effect on your life while the other one you can easily stop with. The devs made a game with an apparently very good enough base for a lot of players to get angry about, as I have been myself for various reasons, but making games is a hard job that sometimes becomes unforgiving due to decisions the people who made the game sometimes have no choice over.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending the people who decided the grind, rewards or matchmaking, though I personally have no problems with those things at the moment, rather than the people who were responsible for the gameplay, art, etc..

The politcal references really have to do with someone just itching to express their political views, and relating them to a person so that they can shame them in comparison, it's childish really. Politics have absolutely no frame of association with this game. I just simply ignored it at first, you find political zeolots everywhere and it's best usually just to ignore them, and allow them to wallow in their skewed views. Who cares if you are liberal or conservative, or who you voted for, or if you dislike the President of the United States. This is a game, we are playing in a fictitious fantasy world for our pleasure and enjoyment. This is no place for politics.

It bothered me enough to comment after I read what was said after.

In commenting about your own post, you are right. Sitting down at a desk, looking at a computer screen all day coding is rough, it's tedius and boring work work and personally I have to fight to stay awake a lot of times. The only calls or communication you get are complaints, nobody ever tells you that you are doing a good job. So here it is, Devs, you have done an amazing job.

However, whoever is making the decisions on what to fix, or what to not fix or what to change or not is making a terrible mistake. People will leave unless the decisious regarding this game change to benefit the player base. Dreadnought is losing people in droves, people are trying the game for less and less time before the quit, new people are reading about the complaints and choosing not to pay to play, or leaving all together. It's a serious problem that has a solution that needs to be figured out, soon.

Playing veteran today, reading all these posts and seeing the unfair matches, match after match after match has done nothing to increase my spare time happiness, on the contrary, it has caused me to exit out of the game and restart it several times today. Not sure if I will be back tomorrow. The in your face problems that cause the game to be miserable are too much. Think I am going to spend more spare time away from the game, at least until the blarring serious issues are resolved. Hope it's soon!

May 15, 2018, 9:30 a.m.

Noooooo! Nexeroff, please don't leave me!

May 15, 2018, 7:27 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-220428) said:

Noooooo! Nexeroff, please don't leave me!

I'm not leaving, just want to reduce the amount of frustration when faced with matches you know you cannot win before they ever begin.

Interesting enough, seems that there were more than a few posts today about what the DEV team plans for healing bubbles and matchmaking among other things. Has me very excited, so you will probably see me back in a few days! Very happy about what has been expressed by the Dev team, makes me smile, literally!

May 16, 2018, 8:50 a.m.

Squeaky wheel(s) get the grease. Without (CONSTRUCTIVE) feedback it's hard to gauge what truely needs work.

May 16, 2018, 10:11 a.m.

Updated //
May 16, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

Nexeroff tries to sink any/all Legendary games that I try to get going through the in-game Global Chat.

Every time. Ze tries, with a great amount of effort, to dissuade people from participating by filling comms with fear-mongering, deceitful statements and fallacious testimony.

The reason I bring this up isn't to sh*t-post or troll. I merely want to illuminate-- for those without this kind of "first-hand" experience w/ Nexeroff trying to inhibit people (in the worst way) from experiencing a terrific, fun, and exciting chunk of this game-- the kind of person that you're interacting with.

Personally, I think that conducting this level of discourse with this kind of player is ridiculous and absurd. 7 pages on this topic? The priorities of this community baffles me sometimes.

It is akin to a child calling someone "stinky booger face" and the adults deciding to have a sit-down meeting with the kid as to ascertain the legitimacy of aforementioned face possibly being home to boogers and whether the smell can be determined to stink or not. Ridiculous.

May 16, 2018, 10:31 a.m.

LYB-Willis#7205 posted (#post-220492) said:

Nexeroff tries to sink any/all Legendary games that I try to get going through the in-game Global Chat.

Every time. Ze tries, with a great amount of effort, to dissuade people from participating by filling comms with fear-mongering, deceitful statements and fallacious testimony.

The reason I bring this up isn't to sh*t-post or troll. I merely want to illuminate-- for those without this kind of "first-hand" experience w/ Nexeroff trying to inhibit people (in the worst way) from experiencing a terrific, fun, and exciting chunk of this game-- the kind of person that you're interacting with.

Personally, I think that conducting a discourse with this kind of player is ridiculous and absurd.

Honestly, easy to say this when you're part of the squad doing the stomping and not the one getting stomped.

"from experiencing a terrific, fun, and exciting chunk of this game" This is Nxeroff's whole point: it's none of this when you're solo going against a squad. You're choice is to bail and hope to find another game w/o a squad, or play with no chance of winning and getting little reward. Honestly, if I had a headset I'd probably just tell my whole team to bail when going against a squad because there is no point or enjoyment; it's just a waste of time.

May 16, 2018, 10:43 a.m.

For the past 2 weeks Legendary has been mostly Solo-Queueing.

Meaning nobody is squaded.

Meaning.... no squads.

This is the kind of #FakeNews to which I was referring in my previous post. Thank you for validating my claims. ...

But hey, come check it out sometime. We'll be glad to have you and anybody else that has this misconception.

Closed