FORUMS

Serious flaws that cause people to quit

Posted: //
May 16, 2018, 10:46 a.m.

LYB-Willis#7205 posted (#post-220492) said:

It is akin to a child calling someone "stinky booger face" and the adults deciding to have a sit-down meeting with the kid as to ascertain the legitimacy of aforementioned face possibly being home to boogers and whether the smell can be determined to stink or not. Ridiculous.

This is way off base. Maybe he is juvenile in words but that's not the point. The point is there are plenty of complaints that are repeatedly posted and reiterated and causing large portions of potential players to flee. Ignoring why people leave games and pretending everything is fine is what sinks games. You don't ignore the people who tell you there are holes in the ship and pretend its not sinking because some people think all is well.

May 16, 2018, 10:48 a.m.

LYB-Willis#7205 posted (#post-220494) said:

For the past 2 weeks Legendary has been mostly Solo-Queueing.

Meaning nobody is squaded.

Meaning.... no squads.

This is the kind of #FakeNews to which I was referring in my previous post. Thank you for validating my claims. ...

But hey, come check it out sometime. We'll be glad to have you and anybody else that has this misconception.

I'm not at Legendary yet, so I can't speak for it. But I come across it all the time in Veteran and it's nearly pointless to play. So sorry, my post didn't validate you in any way.

May 16, 2018, 1:55 p.m.

To be fair, if someone is tanking legendary games because of squads, they need to get a grip. On the rare occasions I get to play leg, I fully exspect one if not both sides to have squads. Legendary is and should be where the best play.

If People can't handle that, then don't play legendary.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 16, 2018, 5:09 p.m.

Nexeroff tries to sink any/all Legendary games that I try to get going through the in-game Global Chat.

Every time. Ze tries, with a great amount of effort, to dissuade people from participating by filling comms with fear-mongering, deceitful statements and fallacious testimony.

The reason I bring this up isn't to sh*t-post or troll. I merely want to illuminate-- for those without this kind of "first-hand" experience w/ Nexeroff trying to inhibit people (in the worst way) from experiencing a terrific, fun, and exciting chunk of this game-- the kind of person that you're interacting with.

Personally, I think that conducting this level of discourse with this kind of player is ridiculous and absurd. 7 pages on this topic? The priorities of this community baffles me sometimes.

It is akin to a child calling someone "stinky booger face" and the adults deciding to have a sit-down meeting with the kid as to ascertain the legitimacy of aforementioned face possibly being home to boogers and whether the smell can be determined to stink or not. Ridiculous.

Currently, I am dealing with HF acid, and smelting ore, but when I have the opportunity, I will take each of the insults and points you have made, and show you where you are not only wrong, but grossly so.

I was wondering when you all would chime in.

Amusing to say the least, but needs and begs correction.

May 16, 2018, 8:49 p.m.

Nexeroff tries to sink any/all Legendary games that I try to get going through the in-game Global Chat.

Meh, you and I and everyone else that reads what I write knows that I am not trying to sink any and all Legendary matches. What I do really amounts to warning, unsuspecting players who just make T4 and don't already know or understand the even more skewed matches that exist in Legendary.

I have played almost 300 legendary matches as a T4 and T5. Often, Veteran matches heavily favor teams with squads, over teams with randoms only. This is even more expressed in Legendary. What I say to people is for them to play their match, but realize that when you lose a Veteran match, you still make far more XP than you do when you win a Legendary match, not for the team with the squad, but for the team that is not and only comprised of randoms.

The problem is so bad, that almost every match comprised this way will result in the winning team beating the losing team by 75%. This means that the losing players get a small percentage of the 25% they did accrue. When LYB are actively begging and pleading people to play Legendary matches, they play as a squad regardless if they que as randoms. So they split up, but the players on the team with fewer lvl 50 players, that include LYB will lose, because the LYB squads members will purposfully sabotage their own team. I have screen caps of exactly this. Where a LYB squad member will either push your ship into the line of fire of their squad members on the opposing team, they have also put their ship directly underneath another, and then boost and turn in a circle so their own team mate, unless they have warp of thrust boost is more or less stuck. They do this with corvettes to destroyer class ships for example. But not only this, they, while using these tactics to sabatage their own team, will grief in match chat about what they are doing.

Every time. Ze tries, with a great amount of effort, to dissuade people from participating by filling comms with fear-mongering, deceitful statements and fallacious testimony.

How about you give us an example of fallacious testimony. Take a screen cap like I have of so many of your own squad members. Or just simply write what you think I have said that can be called fallacious testimony.

Fact is, if the opposing team only scores 25% of the winning teams score, this means the people who comprised the losing team must grind 75% more than the winning squad, to equal as much XP as the winning squad does in one match. For the people playing in a squad, the XP boost is awesome, for the losers however, even if they were to get match after match after match all in a row, do not make nearly the XP they would if they played Veteran matches. So I warn people when I see LYB members posting lies about how much XP people will make playing Legendary matches. But I also tell them that they should try, that they should see for themselves. In effect what I am doing is bringing attention to the things they will want to pay attention to, and you know what is really interesting, after those players play Legendary matches I am sometimes thanked for the heads up. I am not trying to ruin Legendary matches, I am trying to help others understand the unfair matching system, specially in regards to Legendary matches, so that after LYB's encouragement and lies, they will not become so frustrated they quit.

The reason I bring this up isn't to sh*t-post or troll. I merely want to illuminate-- for those without this kind of "first-hand" experience w/ Nexeroff trying to inhibit people (in the worst way) from experiencing a terrific, fun, and exciting chunk of this game-- the kind of person that you're interacting with.

Meh, come on now, we can be grown ups and be honest at the same time. If you want to engage me in conversation and ask me questions your squad has never asked me then lets have a discussion. But so long as you are trolling and griefing people, you are not going to be rewarded with intelligent discourse because your squad as a whole, not outing individual members but as a whole, behaves in a way that is self serving, but also builds huge expectations and crushes them when they realize that they are just lies, to encourage them to play a Legendary match so LYB members can make mad XP. That's all it amounts to. I imagine it's no fun playing against your own squadmates, that your squad wants a one sided win in all matches, at all times. If you can encourage enough pilots to play Legendary, farming XP becomes incredibly easy.

Everyone that attains lvl 50 knows without any doubts, that the match system is broken, and compiles teams in an unfair manor that makes it very very easy for squads to win matches. We know that this is not so prominant in T1-T3 matches, and that it becomes a serious problem with T3-T4 matches, and is even more heavily skewed in favor of sqauds in T4-5 Legendary matches. This isn't something we are just now learning, it's something even the Devs know we have been putting up with for a very long time. And happily, a dev recently posted about plans to resolve these issues. When that happens you will not see me encouraging people to pay attention to unfair matches, nor explaining how the game dynamics work in relation to accumulating XP in regards to losing teams in legendary matches.

Explain to me where those statements are fallacious, please. I have kept spreadsheets so that I could better understand exactly how much more XP I make in Vet matches than in Legendary matches. I keep spreadsheets for EVE Online for other purposes. Once you have collected enough data, it's very very simple to see in graphical format, just how skewed team creation really is, specially in regards to Legendary matches.

Have you done the same?

Personally, I think that conducting this level of discourse with this kind of player is ridiculous and absurd. 7 pages on this topic? The priorities of this community baffles me sometimes.

Of course you would say that, your intent is to mitigate what I say, so that your squad can beg people to play Legendary, while encouraging them to do so by outright lying, so that you have people to shoot at in an opposing team, to treat them like fodder for your XP Farming. You almost never see anyone else begging in public chat for people to join Legendary matches, it is almost always a member of LYB.

Actually, I want to make the matches fair, I want to help encourage people to stay and grind it out. I also want to mitigate the frustration people feel when they are unfairly matches, and obliterated because it's those matches, those unfair matches you promote in public chat that is one of the biggest reasons why people flee this game. So putting these things into perspective, LYB is causing people to quit and players that do what I do are trying very hard to help them grind it out and stay. I even go so far as to explain tactics to some people who play as randoms, and how to do things like kill the CS in a healing bubble, or how to get behind tac ship bubbles and take them out with team mates, etc. I am constantly trying to help people better understand how to figure tactics against certain ships, warning about heal blobs before the match starts, etc. I have never, not even once, ever seen any member of LYB doing this.

I imagine that most people in LYB that play with your squad for any length of time are just players that get off on winning, even if they are never a challenge and what I call lazy wins. I also imagine that your members are scared when things are set right and fair, that they will no longer have their easy wins and that this is the very reason why members of your squad, like you, become so upset when I express the reality and truth about your squads repeated, begging, in public chat.

If we do not stand up against the misleading statements and outright lies LYB expresses in chat, if people do not know before they enter into a match what it's going to be like, they might very well become so frustrated, they leave. If you want to see this game succeed, and not just because you want to clobber random teams with your squad, then you also must admit that what your squad does causes people to flee the game.

While you might think this is funny, and I happen to have several screen caps of conversations where LYBs griefing of players has become so volitile that your squad laughs at people whom they have griefed so bad, they quit, and I also have screen caps of this as well. When I see things that I feel cause people to flee the game, I take screen caps. At some point. My hope is that I never have to out anyone, or send what I have accumulated to Greybox, but if the Devs did not have any plans to fix the match system, I wanted to have the information available to prove that it's a major issue. It's sad, but I have personally seen your squad grief certain people so bad, they quit.

So with all this being said I think it's glarringly obvious who is being honest and who is causing people to flee the game.

May 16, 2018, 9:01 p.m.

Updated //
May 16, 2018, 9:08 p.m.

LYB-Willis#7205 posted (#post-220494) said:

For the past 2 weeks Legendary has been mostly Solo-Queueing.

Meaning nobody is squaded.

Meaning.... no squads.

This is the kind of #FakeNews to which I was referring in my previous post. Thank you for validating my claims. ...

But hey, come check it out sometime. We'll be glad to have you and anybody else that has this misconception.

When LYB plays as single randoms, they still end up on the same teams, and even when split, I have personally wintnessed LYB players sabotaging their own team mates in favor of their squad mates on the oposing team. So while LYB members claim every week, that it's been two weeks of constant game play where LYB players have cued as single randoms, fact is they still play as a squad. So no, just no. You might think it's clever, but it's obvious what LYB is doing.

And if there were so many active games with all single random players, like you suggest, why are members of LYB begging and crying for people to play legendary every day, and at the same time stating stats that might apply to squads, but certainly not single randoms.

You do us all a grave disservice by your squad behaving in this way.

You know why I don't wish to belong to a squad? It's because the way the match system works, squads are never challenged, they hardly ever lose a battle, they run around in groups getting lazy wins on a regular basis. This reminds me of gangs, specially where I grew up. Where the weakest people gang up to beat up single poeple, mugging them, etc (I grew up in Brooklyn NY). Personally, I think weak players get tired of losing, and join squads so that they can enjoy the easy wins associated with being in a team, with a squad. Not all members of any given squad, to be sure, and perhaps only a percentage that might not be a majority. There are some really good people that play in squads, and I'm certain their must be in LYB as well. There are certainly many people who choose to play in squads because of the gurantee wins though. I wonder when the matches are made even, if these same people will flee the game because it will become too challenging for them. And I would wager, these will probably be the same people who rage against fixing obvious problems with the game mechanics because they are afraid their easy wins will go by by. All you have to do is compare your stats to someone who has played as a single random their entire gameplay. You can have a single random that is a far superior pilot than a pilot in a squad, but in their stats it looks like the bad squad player is 2-3 times better than the random pilot who is far superior in skill and gameplay.

LYB is certainly part of the problem in the way they treat other players. And while the matching problems are not LYB's fault, encouraging people to play Legendary matches so you can farm them for XP is.

I would also encourage people to try Legendary, always have, I think it's better if they understand the issues and problems so that they can also express them as issues they have been exposed to, and help make this game not only better, but help retain people who are new or trying to grind out their T4 ships. If this was the intent of LYB, they would conduct themselves very differently.

Personally I don't think randoms should be matched against squads, once this issue is resolved you will no longer have to plead and beg people to play Legendary, because they will want to. And I will wager, very few if any LYB members will que as single randoms, but your wins will be greatly reduced to the point LYB gain XP at the same rate as single randoms. When that day arrrives, when fair matches are being made, I will play Legendary again, but until then I will continue to play Veteran, accumulating far more XP because even when I lose I make far more XP than in Legendary. These are facts, that is, unless you are in a squad.

I would suggest you play as a random player in a team of randoms, in a Legacy match against a team with a squad that is NOT LYB. Do that over 1700 matches, as I have, and you might better understand why you should not be defending game mechanics in the way you do.

May 17, 2018, 10:22 a.m.

Looks like someone got upset because he's not an Elite DN player.

May 17, 2018, 11:03 a.m.

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220591) said:

Looks like someone got upset because he's not an Elite DN player.

Yeah, that's it. It's also why so many players flee the game. They're not elite....

May 17, 2018, 11:05 a.m.

Updated //
May 17, 2018, 11:07 a.m.

Nobody promised this game will be for everyone. Some people just aren't target audience.

May 17, 2018, 11:10 a.m.

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-220594) said:

Nobody promised this game will be for everyone. Some people just aren't target audience.

This statment is completely irrelevant to teh discussion, yet sadly the most intelligent thing I've seen you post.

Closed