FORUMS

Anyone else think the Command ship needs to be buffed?

Posted: //
May 12, 2018, 11:35 a.m.

The Onslaught Command ship isn't really worth protecting to be honest, 100k health, peashooter's for guns that literally sound like someone tapping on a tin can and nothing else.

It needs something to make it worthwhile to protect like a weapon or armour boost pulse or maybe even a healing pod pulse. Machine gun turrets and flechette missiles so it can actually defend itself and its allies, maybe double it's health.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

May 14, 2018, 3:39 a.m.

Maybe make different types. Like some have support abilities, some have a missile spam, some have broadside cannons, and some have hangars that spit out a large number of fighters.

May 14, 2018, 9:36 a.m.

One problem is that Command Ships stats don't increase with queue level (Recruit/Veteran/Legendary); stats are the same in each rather than increased as queue level increases.

May 14, 2018, 10:01 a.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2018, 10:05 a.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-220335) said:

One problem is that Command Ships stats don't increase with queue level (Recruit/Veteran/Legendary); stats are the same in each rather than increased as queue level increases.

Yep, a properly equiped T4 corvette or destroyer can shred a command ship solo in a matter of seconds, let alone (I presume) T5).

It could definatly use some kind of both defense and offensive boost, that scales with the queue levels as well.

I rather like the idea of it providing module pulses to ships supporting it. And much like player ships it really should heal it's own HP if it's not attacked for a period of time.

It should also put out enough firepower so that it's not easily soloable. Currently it hits so weakly that I can compeletely ignore it's damage. It shouldn't be able to defend itself againts more then one attacker without support, but in the current iteration I can literally park a corvette on it and blast it with impunity. It might take half my HP while I 100-0 it.

May 14, 2018, 7:59 p.m.

You all seem to be missing the fact you are only talking about top tier players attacking command ships, and only a few ship classes at that.

What about the unfair matches where a squad of 4+ squad members at lvl 50 are part of a team that is fighting a team with only one lvl50 player? Making the CS even more difficult to kill would mean the team at the serious disadantage would be even more so.

Specially if you level the CS ships to match the players skill level, that would make it even more difficult for T3 ships to kill the CS, while giving the unfair match stronger team a huge giant advantage.

If you don't want your CS taken out fast, then protect it better. I have played plenty of matches where the opposing team simply bubbles their CS, and all players are healing or protecting their CS, but do not attack the other teams CS at all, the entire game, and they win.

Sounds like a lot of people want a strong CS so they don't have to worry about it, and can focus on killing the other team, in that case there are specific battles you can play without a CS ship at all. I would suggest you play those games and not Onslought.

The CS is good as is, perfect, you can choose to protect CS, or not and attack the other teams or split tactics, whatever you want. But it's part of the dynamics of the game that you have a ship that has more HP than any other ship in the game, but is vulnerable enough to force you to either abandon it, protect it, or split tactics which makes the game far more interesting than a better tanked CS that is so difficult to kill that you ignore it. That would do absolutely nothing for game mechanics nor tactics. It reduces the pressure and stress and makes it more lazy a game.

If anything I think maybe the CS ships field should keep you at a slightly further distance, so you cannot get right up on it. But other than that, making it stronger will make more people ignore it more often, which makes it an ineffective game mechanic for increasing strategy, game mechanics, tactics, etc.

May 14, 2018, 9:47 p.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2018, 11:05 p.m.

I just want a Command Ship that can last long enough or the initial spawns be repositioned on all maps so that most of the team to get to it, if the team chooses to do so, before 2 or 3 enemy corvettes/light destroyers swoop in and cream it in the first 30 seconds of the match while most defenders are still only halfway flying to it.

May 14, 2018, 10:32 p.m.

Then that would negate the tactics and the ship I built specifically for that reason, to ninja kill the capital ship.

If it's unfair that the command ship can be taken out by a solo player who gained the skill, and the lvl to do so, then I would accept cammand ship changes. But the way I see it is this. You have a ship that is very vulnerable you are suppose to protect, or abandon in favor of a more aggressive attack plan. Increasing the HP of the command ship would negate the need to protect it, and allows for more of your team to attack.

Currently, some teams will leave behind tac ships or defending ships with the CS because it's vulnerable. That forces the team to split up, changes the dynamics of the fight. The opposing team must figure a way to defend against the attack, while also trying to kill the other teams command ship that is being protected. Splitting up in this way also weakens the attacking team, thus giving the defending team a slight advantage in their defense, and less advantage taking out the CS.

I like the way it is now, sometimes it's very difficult for me to ninja the CS, which I happen to like a lot. I want to have to be aware of what is happening, I want surprise attacks that I must defend against, I want that stressful, panicky feeling, I thrive on it. I want the challenge in protecting and attacking the CS.

May 15, 2018, 9:27 a.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-220397) said:

I just want a Command Ship that can last long enough or the initial spawns be repositioned on all maps so that most of the team to get to it, if the team chooses to do so, before 2 or 3 enemy corvettes/light destroyers swoop in and cream it in the first 30 seconds of the match while most defenders are still only halfway flying to it.

Never did quite understand why on some maps you start the match spawned with your CS, and others it's half way across the map.

May 15, 2018, 9:51 a.m.

I agree with scaling the hp of the command ship up for Veteran and Legendary games. I can shred it in less than 10 seconds with a Blud, whereas in recruit it takes a lot longer and leaves you more exposed, as well as giving the other team more opportunity to defend it effectively.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-220427) said:

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-220397) said:

Never did quite understand why on some maps you start the match spawned with your CS, and others it's half way across the map.

To mix things up a bit?

May 15, 2018, 6:43 p.m.

There are a few issues with spawning.

Coming under fire, and being blown to bits as you spawn is an issue. If flying a ship that is easy to pop in a volley of missiles and shot, spawning while your enemy is waiting at the spawn site to shoot incoming spawning ships, you can either get blown away fast, or be damaged to such a degree before you even can take any action at all puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Spawning far away from your group and/or your CS is also an issue as has been expressed here. We should either have a safe place to spawn. It could be as easy as making your ship invulnerable for the first few seconds, and not being able to fire for that same time. Or spawning under some sort of force field where you cannot shoot from it until you leave, and cannot take fire. Or some other method.

But again, these issues are minimal compared to the glarring problems that in my opinion should be fixed first, that being the team creation issue when you have stacked lvl 50s in a squad on one team, and all single randoms of lower ranking with maybe one lvl 50. And that tac ships need to be re-balanced to make gameplay more fair.

Closed