FORUMS

Anyone else think the Command ship needs to be buffed?

Posted: //
May 15, 2018, 6:59 p.m.

Dark_Incendium#2113 posted (#post-220252) said:

The Onslaught Command ship isn't really worth protecting to be honest, 100k health, peashooter's for guns that literally sound like someone tapping on a tin can and nothing else.

It needs something to make it worthwhile to protect like a weapon or armour boost pulse or maybe even a healing pod pulse. Machine gun turrets and flechette missiles so it can actually defend itself and its allies, maybe double it's health.

This WILL happen. It's going to take a little while but there will be different command ship difficulties by fleet type eventually. We have folks looking at this and some other tweaks to Onslaught as well. Stay tuned.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

July 16, 2018, 2:08 p.m.

I think the command ships should be more epic in general. A slight boost in defense or the ability to put up shields would be excellent. More attack power as well. Perhaps give it a limited number of abilities. I think the whole game mode could be more interesting if the CS started at opposite sides of the map, and then spiraled in towards each other until they are within broadside range of each other, basically creating a staging area for a big fight, provided neither of the ships were destroyed on the way to the center of the map. Moreover, I think it would be good to slightly increase the impace that AI assault ships and fighter have in the match, and have those ships follow the spiral-inward path of the CS, so that the inevitable battle at the center of the map is grandiose. Perhaps damage to the enemy fleet means that the central battle is more in favor with the team that dealt said damage.

Overall I think Onlaught mode would be more interesting if attacking the CS (and the AI ships in the "fleet") on its path around the map was more for the purposes of damaging it so that it has lower impact for an inevitable central fight later on, as opposed to killing it outright at the start of a match and then the match is essentially TDM until the CS respawns.

Heck yeah, spaceships!

July 16, 2018, 5:39 p.m.

I wish there wouldnt be healing for a command ship. Nearly every time Ive seen a tac park itself by one that team wins.

What if only one team got a command ship? That would give a reason to defend it.

July 16, 2018, 6:05 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-223498) said:

I wish there wouldnt be healing for a command ship. Nearly every time Ive seen a tac park itself by one that team wins.

What if only one team got a command ship? That would give a reason to defend it.

If a tac is healing the command ship it's not healing it's team mates. Use that to your advantage.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 16, 2018, 8:06 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223499) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-223498) said:

If a tac is healing the command ship it's not healing it's team mates. Use that to your advantage.

Well the problem is a good portion of the time I run across it its a squad and theyll take up position around the CS. Since I run solo, it poses an issue

Closed