FORUMS

The Jump From Tier 3 to Tier 4 and Other Issues

Posted: //
May 15, 2018, 9:53 a.m.

I like how you all keep having serious discusiosn with solemn faces about where this or that tier belongs while there's no reason at for transitional tiers to exist.

Literaly just getting rid of tiers 1 and 3 and moving the combined grind associated with it by distributing the total cost of T3 modules over all T4 modules would solve all the problems of this kind.

A player moving to veteran would start with what is equivalent of the current stock T4 ships without OBs and would just have to grind exactly the same amount of time to T5, because all mods would be a bit more expensive and that's that. But they would do it on a normal, albeit stock version of the ship instead of a demo vessel and wouldn't complain all the time about being assigned as meat for the T4 meat grinder by the game.

May 15, 2018, 10:28 a.m.

People hate the grind as it is. Your idea would not help that problem.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 16, 2018, 9:09 p.m.

The T4 ships can use T3 modules, for your case, I strongly recommend the rapid fire mode 3, which (imo) is the best module for any artilery crusier.

The only module that you really need to get is evasive manuver, which is not a whole lot of grind. The change that all modules can be unlocked directly helped quite a bit here. The improvements to the other modules are pretty small.

This really isn't a lot of grind - the progression is actually more difficult for T4 ships without T3 counterparts that get stuck on a bad loadout until you buy the first few, the Jutland is the worst, but the koshei (no repair autobeam) and vindicta (no storm, ram) have pretty hard initial grinds.

May 17, 2018, 12:32 a.m.

Nashwan#3703 posted (#post-220432) said:

I appreciate this is anecdotal, but I generally do fine in T3s against T4s. The disparity isn't that ridiculous, you just have to play smart. If they're in a squad then yes, it makes it a lot harder, but since team play is a core feature of the game why not squad up yourself?

I have a similar experience moving from T3 to T4, I did fine piloting a T3 and actually being effective against other T3 and some T4s. If you hit the tab buttom before the match starts, you can see who is flying what ship, and what tier it is. This can help a pilot make decisions on who they want to attack, and who they want to stay away from.

Even a T4 pilot playing veteran should be paying attention to these things. Every ship has a counter/cancer. Every module has a counter. Where the issue really comes up is in the matching system in relation to squads. The OP might be looking for answers and offering the grind from T3 to T4 as the issue, but in my opinion which of course might be wrong for others, T3s are fine against some T3s and some T4s but there is no ship that is good against all ships.

I ended up playing all the T3s, and then I opened all the T4s and can fly any ship from either group. I wanted the officer mods. I figured before I piloted T4s, I wanted to have all the officer mods, so looking back on spreadsheets I keep, I have over 700 games sitting in T3 ships playing veteran matches. My frustration playing T3 is directly related to team creation, which is the same frustration I have flying a T4s and playing Legendary as a T4 or T5 pilot, it's the matching system.

To the OP, I know it's frustrating fighting and losing over and over and over. But take this into consideration. One person in a random team can play hard and stand out, but they will not usually make a huge difference in the outcome, some do but for the most part this is not the case. Almost always your top players are scoring how they are because of teamwork, not because they are solo players in a team. It might seem the case with Vetts, but they play their role in teamwork even if it doesn't seem so. Time after time I have asked my teamates to hit a specific targets and it seems Corvette pilots relish taking out flagged targets. Point is, if you are losing and blaming your T3 ship, it's probably not the reason your team lost. You are not going to make a huge difference in a T3 in Veteran unless most of the people in the match are also T3s. But, you can still be very, very effective.

When you first sit in a T3 ship, you only have T2 weapons. That is an issue being that you are using weapons from the tier lower to fight pilots in the tier higher. This has been discussed before and I believe the developers have a fix in the works when the player base grows post steam release. If there is anyone moving into T3 ships I would suggest trying this. Get a few important T3 mods prior to playing Veteran matches, it will make you more effective and reduce your frustration playing T3 ships in Veteran matches.

May 17, 2018, 5:49 a.m.

Ska-boo#2971 posted (#post-220430) said:

Nexeroff#4718 posted (#post-220423) said:

You should check out the cost of T5 modules. =)

Not as bad tho as they are like 50% more expensive than T4 while T4 mods are 200% more expensive than T3.

Well, that's only half the story though. XP cost for T5 is all but irrelevant because of the 250% XP battle bonus, but the 90k credits for a module are a whole other story.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.