Today, we’re excited to kick-off a very special event with our Community.
Do you have the mind of an artist, but are cursed with sticky fingers? Are you a dreamer, but can not express your vision of what a “cool decal” should be?
Then this event is for you!
Over 5 weeks, we’re going to combine your ideas and vision with our Art team skills. The concept is simple, we’ll show you 3 mock-ups of decals and YOU will be the ones voting for the version you prefer. After a couple of evolution (colors, symbol, theme, etc) of the Decal we’ll make it final, and will bring it into the game for FREE on both PC and PS4.
In a nutshell, it will go as such:
- 5/15: The first Voting will be about which Navy Faction will be the candidate for this event. We’ll create a voting poll and you will have 7 days to vote for the one you prefer. (The assets below are for you to have an idea of how each faction represents itself visually. They are not part of the final decals.)
- 5/22: Your vote will decide the winner and the Art team will then work on 3 new mock-ups of a Decal.
- 5/29:We’ll come to you with those 3 Decals, and start a new voting session of 7 days where you will decide which one we should keep.
- 6/5: You guessed right, back to the Art team for 3 new variations.
- 6/12: Back to you, final variations, FINAL voting, pretty sure you got the hang of it by now.
- 6/19: Art team! Time to do your magic, this will become the final Decal!
- We'll keep this post updated as soon as we know more regarding "when" the Decal will be added to the game and ready for release.
That’s basically it captains, we’ve read multiple posts in the past few months about players making requested for special Decals. Well, here is your chance to get the one you want!
Bonus: We will do our best to get you some sneak peek of the Art team working on this project. Gotta know what’s happening behind the scenes right? This is no common Decal!Without further ado, let's dive in!
First round of Voting:
Having arisen on humanity's home planet, Federal Earth does not rely on Transhuman terraformers for its continued existence, and so its citizens have the unique luxury of indulging a deep-seated nostalgia for the past. Their daily lives are steeped in history and tradition, with most families able to trace their bloodlines back hundreds of years. Disdainful of the younger nations, Federal Earth is home to many of the solar system's wealthiest elite, and considers itself the epitome of civilization and elegance.
Enyo's first settlers were disillusioned by life on Earth: they came to Venus looking for something new to believe in. Local faith-based gatherings soon sprang up to fill that need, laying the foundation for what has become a deeply spiritual society. Despite its tranquil beauty, Enyo is inhospitable to off-worlders. Popular fashion trends often feature concealing accessories such as masks and gloves, but true privacy is nonexistent due to the nation's cultural and religious mores.
Fearless, self-reliant, and often bluntly aggressive, the nation of Troja prizes combat skill and loyalty to one's comrades in arms above all else. As a result, Trojans who are willing and able to serve typically have far more social mobility than citizens of the other two human nations. Yet this service-bound mindset is at the core of Troja's hatred for the Scum Belt's outlaws, an attitude not helped by the fact that the outlaws' famous leader is Bix Duquette, who was once hailed as the nation's greatest hero.
Where to vote? Follow this link: https://strawpoll.com/c18eryr8
Do you have feedback, comment, or want to share your love for this event? Let us know!