FORUMS

Cannot log in

Posted: //
May 17, 2018, 10:54 a.m.

Updated //
May 17, 2018, 10:54 a.m.

As the title says, I cannot get into the game to check my fleet for the Hanuman. Network_Error

I tried it multiple times, any suggestions?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 17, 2018, 11:08 a.m.

Edit:

I waited a bit and tried it again, it worked. But no Hanuman.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 17, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-220596) said:

Edit:

I waited a bit and tried it again, it worked. But no Hanuman.

Hey I suggest you contact our support team so they can look into your issue more thoroughly. Explain as best you can what you are seeing or experiencing. https://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

May 18, 2018, 6:41 p.m.

network errors have also plagued me this last 2 weeks. I cant connect today at all.

The launcher seems to have no issues but the game kicks me to the you are not logged in screen. and if I try to connect there I get a network error.

There is definitly something fishy hapening.... sometimes rebooting my PC works to resolve the issue, like last night I had to do it twice. but today this is not working at all.

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

May 19, 2018, 12:59 a.m.

Exit out of the client, and restart it.

If you leave the client open after you close the game, and later try to just hit the "Play" button, it might bring up the game screen with a logon request.

When this happens, you cannot log into the game unless you leave the game screen, leave the client screen, and restart.

I suspect it has something to do with dropped data due to either lag or internet connection. Not positive what it is, but I have noticed if you leave the client on for a length of time and try to play, you cannot log in until you leave the game and client screens, and restart.

May 19, 2018, 12:50 p.m.

Updated //
May 19, 2018, 12:55 p.m.

In yesterday's case it's not about the game kicking you out after some time. it kicks you out the moment it starts.

Actually I found yesterday that the connection from the game is getting blocked somewhere between my PC and the server. turning on my vpn fixed the issue. Not sure why or how that could be happening. I tried various DNS and I simply could not connect... but through the vpn I could. so not sure what is causing the problem but I'm confident it's between my PC and the server, something my isp is doing, blocking or something.

I also have 2 internet connections, cable and DSL. Both showed the exact same smptoms yesterday, and both only worked if the VPN is on.

I asked if someone could post the http address the game is using so I can ping the address so I can debug this properly. so far no one replied to that

May 19, 2018, 1:36 p.m.

If you're in Russia then it's the IP blocks in place there. Otherwise you sure you're not just experiencing the twitch drop issue? When you receive a twitch drop (or anything else added to your account like the 40k credits community reward yesterday) your logins will fail for a minute or two.

There's also another long standing issue where always the first login fails (presumably because the server did not close the last session correctly).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 19, 2018, 2:22 p.m.

What's a twitch drop?

I think the issue may be with some ip change update not propagading through the dns tables fast enough...

Everything is working okeydory today.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.