FORUMS

Need to be able to report players from the scoreboard

Posted: //
May 23, 2018, 11:11 p.m.

It would be nice to be able to report players from the scoreboard.

I played a match where a player on our team got blown up once and sat in the lobby the whole match. they had 0 points... meaning they queued up and didn't come back.

I don't expect a report to be instant hammer-drop... but it could show a trend for 'problem' players.

May 24, 2018, 1:28 a.m.

Peoeple should have the option of leaving a match, the very reason it's allowed I would suspect. The ability to hit the escape key and leave a game is necessary. Not long back, I had an issue with my mouse, couldn't move, couldn't shoot, couldn't do anything. So when I was killed, I left the match to fix the issue with my mouse.

If you have a method of reporting these types of scenerios, you very likely will be reporting something not an issue, only to punish people who had good reason for leaving a match.

I leave matches before they start when I see that there is a squad on the opposing team, and that there is no chance of winning the match. I only play as a single random, and will not be playing in squads often or at all because personally, I do not want to contribute to the unfair matching problem, and the pubstomping that results. I admit, there are times specially when I am grinding xp for the ship I am flying, that I will stay with a match where I am on the team favored. But if on the losing team, I leave before the match starts. Since the matching system is so incredibly skewed I find myself taking advantage of these oppurtunities sometimes, and others I leave the match if it's obvious it's an easy win. I want a fair challenge regardless if I am on the winning or losing team, when I am piloting a ship I am no longer working to gain XP to unlock mods. I tend to stay on a team I know will win, and sometimes lose if I am grinding a ship.

Since the matching system is unfair, and almost always heavily in favor of one team or another we deserve and should have a way of leaving those matches. Once the matching system is fixed, my opinion may change. But until that time, forcing people to play matches where there is no chance of winning, or in this case the suggestion to report them is wrong. I am sure if you take a few minutes to think about this logically from the point of view of the person leaving the match you will better understand what I mean.

Also consider this, because of bugs, many times when people re-spawn they have issues with the game itself. Just now I qued for a match only to be stuck on the pre-battle screen. I imagine my ship might have been floating where it spawns, and just sitting there. I had to kill the process and restart the game.

Reporting people for things you consider bad behavior, when it might be a game bug or a valid reason like hardware issues, is wrong. Considering the game allows for anyone to leave a match at any time, penalizing or reporting them for doing so is just wrong, regardless of what the reason might be.

May 24, 2018, 2:45 a.m.

Updated //
May 24, 2018, 2:46 a.m.

That could have been an AI player. Sometimes the AI bugs out and sits there at spawn.

In instances of this I'd recommend taking a screen shot (video is better) and submitting a support ticket.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 24, 2018, 5:16 a.m.

Or someone stuck at the loading screen. Plenty possibilities. If you get 0 score you don't even get the base participation rewards so there's no advantage to doing that, I highly doubt that was intentional. People are so quick to report...

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 25, 2018, 3:04 p.m.

Yeah, Once a player logs in they should not be able to just quit-out "for free." (at the least lose their BB, not keep anything from the battle, and be on a 2min CD if done a 3rd tim in a day)

And when a person is playing that things track basic performance both in regards to a 'SBMM' system at some point and to track bad players that don't contribute. *with smarter better AI ships as can do.

"AFGeyers" are an issue any game but yeah, such is gaming eh? (with small allots for the rare case someone needs to leave out not just a quit-out) With more tickets for use as OP said at ends of games.

If isn't just a QQ, their per game average tracked stats would reflect it so and negate false flags; If just a QQ, they need tracked and kept put with those that also cannot play good, eh.

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

May 25, 2018, 3:11 p.m.

I assume it's the same for PC but if you leave a match on PS4, even if just from the Orbit screen you will lose the Battle Bonus if you had it. It will also reset your timer for the next battle bonus to maximum if it was still counting down.

May 25, 2018, 3:35 p.m.

You loss your BB if you quit a match........ on PC/PS4

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 25, 2018, 3:39 p.m.

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221146) said:

Yeah, Once a player logs in they should not be able to just quit-out "for free." (at the least lose their BB, not keep anything from the battle, and be on a 2min CD if done a 3rd tim in a day)

And when a person is playing that things track basic performance both in regards to a 'SBMM' system at some point and to track bad players that don't contribute. *with smarter better AI ships as can do.

"AFGeyers" are an issue any game but yeah, such is gaming eh? (with small allots for the rare case someone needs to leave out not just a quit-out) With more tickets for use as OP said at ends of games.

If isn't just a QQ, their per game average tracked stats would reflect it so and negate false flags; If just a QQ, they need tracked and kept put with those that also cannot play good, eh.

So what you've basically said is that players that can't play good should be kept with players that dodge matches ... Yeah that's going to be a non-starter.

May 25, 2018, 4:10 p.m.

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221146) said:

If done 3 times in a day? Phffft, no penalty except perhaps the battle bonus should be applied to pilots that leave a match, for whatever reason, need to use the bathroom, emergency, need to take their medication, who knows what the reason might be. Personally, heavily skewed unfair matches where you know for a fact your team is going to lose before the match starts is good enough reason for people to leave a match. When you see an OP healing bubble, good enough reason to leave a match. If our stats are affected by wins/losses & kill/deaths, and the match is unfair, we should and need to be able to leave the match.

If you check the stats of players in squads, they end up having the best stats, many times having absolutely nothing to do with their skill, but rather only because they are part of a squad. Or they are using OP fits, like healing bubble pilots, or tankbogs, or pilots using officer mods that give them 30% firepower boosts after taking out ships almost killed, getting credit for the kill, etc. So long as there exists unfair matches, and OP ships/fits/combinations of, we need and rightfully should have the option of bailing on a match. Specially if a single random. Period. Punishing people for not wanting to play matches they know for a fact prior to the start, is just plain wrong.

When you know for a fact you are going to lose the match, that isn't being a bad player, that is being smart, using smart tactics, wanting to preserve your stats SPECIALLY as a single random. If we are judged by our stats, and our stats are negatively affected, specially as a random in matches we are sure to lose, then we deserve and should use the option to leave the match, period.

I tend to think of people who want to punish others for being intelligent, using logic, evaluating a match and knowing it's a no win situation as being people in squads, only looking to farm XP and to FORCE single randoms to play regardless. Or if they are single randoms play, my opinion is that they are blaming the loss on those players logical and intelligent enough to leave a losing match before it starts. It's the matching system, unfair op ships and fits like healing bubbles, etc that cause you to lose a match before it starts, not the people smart enough to realize these issues, and leave the match before it starts.

So you want to punish people by affecting their stats, when these very same people are already being treated unfairly, specially in regards to their stats. If you watch, and think of this logically you do not see squad members leaving their teams during a match, because even an average player in a squad, in a heavily favored match will score as if they are OP. These people do not leave matches, it's the people who the unfair matches negatively affect most that leave. And you want to punish these very people for not wanting to be farmed for XP. Instead, you want to force them to be farmed for XP by punishing them if they do not accept their fate, prior to a match starting. I think this is not only very short sighted, but selfish. My opinion.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.