FORUMS

Being thrown into matches already started.

Posted: //
May 29, 2018, 11:03 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221340) said:

It happens bcause people drop from the match, for what ever reason that might be. So the MM trys to rebalane the match. The only Fix for that would be to stop people droping from matches.

Also if stats are your biggest concern, then you are better off rolling with a squad in the games current state as you know you'll have 4 people in your team that you can rely on.

though using stats are a reason to have soemthing removed when this is your sig is kind of funny. "I will sometimes bail on a match if it's obvious my team is at a serious disadvantage and a win or decent score is impossible."

No, the root cause is an unfair matching system that causes people to leave a match.

I get it, people that play in squads are frustrated when people leave a match, but promoting this idea that people should stick it out in a match they know beforehand they will lose is totally unreasonable.

Easy fix would be to inject an AI instead, it will not alter the outcome of the game in this case, and resolves the issue of treating randoms unfairly.

And let's be honest, people that leave matches often do at the start. That means an injected player would begin at the start, but without being able to evaluate and choose a ship.

Yet another personal attack on your part, you are rabid in ttisit respect.

Logically, your explanation makes no sense at all. Either you are taking another opportunity to bash people, or you are making an argument based on how you feel. Emotional arguments are a fallacy.

May 29, 2018, 2:33 p.m.

HandSolo#4718 posted (#post-221419) said:

It happens bcause people drop from the match, for what ever reason that might be. So the MM trys to rebalane the match. The only Fix for that would be to stop people droping from matches.

Also if stats are your biggest concern, then you are better off rolling with a squad in the games current state as you know you'll have 4 people in your team that you can rely on.

though using stats are a reason to have soemthing removed when this is your sig is kind of funny. "I will sometimes bail on a match if it's obvious my team is at a serious disadvantage and a win or decent score is impossible."

No, the root cause is an unfair matching system that causes people to leave a match.

I get it, people that play in squads are frustrated when people leave a match, but promoting this idea that people should stick it out in a match they know beforehand they will lose is totally unreasonable.

But you don't know for 100% certainty that you will lose. Unless you can see the future, if so buy a lottery ticket.

Easy fix would be to inject an AI instead, it will not alter the outcome of the game in this case, and resolves the issue of treating randoms unfairly.

An easy fix would be for people to not drop and play. But people dropping could become a thing to squif matches or to troll there team. I personnaly have pulled matches back when I've joined late.

And let's be honest, people that leave matches often do at the start. That means an injected player would begin at the start, but without being able to evaluate and choose a ship.

If People "drop at the start" as you claim, then there is no logical reason not to drop a new player into the match then.

Logically, your explanation makes no sense at all. Either you are taking another opportunity to bash people, or you are making an argument based on how you feel. Emotional arguments are a fallacy.

Nope pointing out that you are a cause of a problem you don't like being on the receiving end of. Maybe that sting you feel is your own realisation that you are the cause of your own problem.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 29, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

This sučks so much you know. You have to get killed, but if you play the ship you got shoved into the match with, then you loose xp for the Ship you want to grind. Because you get 8k xp, but this xp would be split, 4k on the Ship you played with till you died and were able to pick the one you wanted. The other 4k on your the ship you wanted to grind with.

Frickin fix that. And keep the overclocked grind, kake it the standard progression.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 29, 2018, 3:20 p.m.

Updated //
May 29, 2018, 3:47 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-221428) said:

This sučks so much you know. You have to get killed, but if you play the ship you got shoved into the match with, then you loose xp for the Ship you want to grind. Because you get 8k xp, but this xp would be split, 4k on the Ship you played with till you died and were able to pick the one you wanted. The other 4k on your the ship you wanted to grind with.

Frickin fix that. And keep the overclocked grind, kake it the standard progression.

Put the ship you are working on as the first ship in your fleet to avoid this.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

May 29, 2018, 3:38 p.m.

This appears to be random. The "Set Flagship option" would help, but no, why not remove it? This small option has to return!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 29, 2018, 3:49 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-221432) said:

This appears to be random. The "Set Flagship option" would help, but no, why not remove it? This small option has to return!

Always works for me. The first ship in my fleet is the ship I spawn with if I miss the orbit screen or dropped in mid match.

May 29, 2018, 4:24 p.m.

Updated //
May 29, 2018, 4:31 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221426) said:

HandSolo#4718 posted (#post-221419) said:

But you don't know for 100% certainty that you will lose. Unless you can see the future, if so buy a lottery ticket.

An easy fix would be for people to not drop and play. But people dropping could become a thing to squif matches or to troll there team. I personnaly have pulled matches back when I've joined late.

If People "drop at the start" as you claim, then there is no logical reason not to drop a new player into the match then.

Nope pointing out that you are a cause of a problem you don't like being on the receiving end of. Maybe that sting you feel is your own realisation that you are the cause of your own problem.

You know as we all do the root problem is with the matching system that causes people to leave, not the leaving. And as you yourself pointed out, if it were the people like myself, who leave the match before it starts then people entering the game would od so at the start, not ntetotht middle of the match. So no, I am not ntetotht problem, not even close. Like I said, you are taking an opportunity to bash yet again.

The issues is entering the match when it's halfway over, that means for whatever reason, a game issue or glitch, lag, whatever kicked a player out of a match. Let me make this clear, so you understand since you claim you are not yet again making a personal attack.

I leave unfair matches, if I am going to, right at atettht start, so players added late because I left would be added at atettht start. Understand now what is plain and obvious to everyone else?

The problem or issue I posted about was being thrown into the MIDDLE of a match, so my complaint has nothing to do with people like myself that leave at the very start.

While wanting to make a point, you consistently create a different argument and then bash or make a personal attack specifically to descredit the OP. Discuss the post, stop creating a different argument that doesn't relate. Stop trying to descredit people to win arguments as it serves no purpose and certainly does not align with the spirit of discourse. Being a moderator, you ysosouysysosouhysosouysouhsuhsdslouhsuhs know better than to create a combative argument on purpose. You are wrong, we all know it, so now if you truly made a mistake, and honestly were not making a personal attack on purpose, you can apologize. But your personal attacks do not help the community, nor the discussions. Just grow up, think about what you want to say, make sure it's on topic, then comment without lashing out emotionally. Use logic. Otherwise you descredit yourself.

May 29, 2018, 6 p.m.

Ok let's look at it logicly.

Player A leaves at the start of the match for what ever reason.

The MM then starts to look for someone to take player A's place. The MM finds player B

Now by the time the MM has done that and player B loads in that could take several minuets, they could be looking at a lost game or a game that could be turned to a win depending on player B's personal skill and ship they drop in with.

Now If the AI ships where not practically free kills dropping AI ships in would be a good idea, but from my personal experience people spot the AI ships and just farm them as they are not as good as real people for the vast majority of the time.

May 29, 2018, 7:37 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221434) said:

Always works for me. The first ship in my fleet is the ship I spawn with if I miss the orbit screen or dropped in mid match.

Before I replaced it with the Blud, the Dola kept defaulting to the first ship even if I rearranged. Not sure of there is a bug that does it to other ships too.

May 29, 2018, 7:43 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-221464) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221434) said:

Before I replaced it with the Blud, the Dola kept defaulting to the first ship even if I rearranged. Not sure of there is a bug that does it to other ships too.

There is a bug that happens every now and then that will put your ships in selection order in your fleet. But in my exsperiance it fixes it's self after a new games

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.