FORUMS

Bonus XP Weekend - The Way It Should Be

Posted: //
May 27, 2018, 10:50 p.m.

This is the way it should be all the time - Take the absolutely ridiculous grind (even with Elite) away in favour of fun.

I had so, so much fun, and from the gross amount of matches I played over the weekend, so did many others. Have never seen Legendary Matches popping as much as they were.

Devs, loosen the purse strings and let folks enjoy this awesome game, instead of killing them on the grind. There's an awesome opporunity with the upcoming Steam release to really draw a large number of folks in instead of dragging them over the grind-glass. Please, don't pass it up!

May 28, 2018, 4:07 a.m.

While I agree the XP boost has been great and I've made good progress my self. Personally I feel there needs to be a balance or new players will end up in battles with people with hundreds of hours of exsperiance. The devs also need to keep lower divisions populated too. That's why we have the grind.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 28, 2018, 5:06 a.m.

Updated //
May 28, 2018, 5:36 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221327) said:

While I agree the XP boost has been great and I've made good progress my self. Personally I feel there needs to be a balance or new players will end up in battles with people with hundreds of hours of exsperiance. The devs also need to keep lower divisions populated too. That's why we have the grind.

The Xp boost is great and benefits everyone, It should be standard.

Here is why: I have a few T3 ships that I still have to Grind. I were like "Aww, T3, those ships are so frustrating and the rewards are so low, I am stuck with this ship now." But during the event, I really played T3 and paid attention to ships I did never play before. Right now, new players are frustrated from the game when playing T3, the Grind is harsh, you are being crushed all the time by Lvl 50 Players. But now, if we keep this new Grind on Veteran and Legendary, then everyone would win. New players would stay, old players would play more Dreadnought and less Battlefield ( ), Legendary is alive, people can try more Modules because they finally have the resources. But the Credit rewards do still need a buff, 7-8k per match average.

Devs, Hear me! KEEP THIS PROGRESSION SYSTEM FOREVER!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 28, 2018, 5:42 a.m.

That's not why we have it. The grind causes the imbalances due to people not playing what they should but rather what they are grinding, and entire squads not playing for the win but rather for points. With less grind people might play more reasonably, and if that caused player number to permanently spike like they did this weekend, then the match-maker would have plenty to work with to balance teams by experience/MMR as well.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 28, 2018, 6:39 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221333) said:

That's not why we have it. The grind causes the imbalances due to people not playing what they should but rather what they are grinding, and entire squads not playing for the win but rather for points. With less grind people might play more reasonably, and if that caused player number to permanently spike like they did this weekend, then the match-maker would have plenty to work with to balance teams by experience/MMR as well.

ina perfect world I agree, the problem, is numbers. this is not a fresh new game where everyone is starting from zero. there are people with hundreds of hours and ships better equiped, the boosts like this now, people can get to a T5 really quickly, then run in to the people with the gearded ships and the supirior game knowlage. Some , not all players will just give up, and drop a division and play with maxed ships that then people coming up from recruit face the same problem they did in legendary. the problem is the systems are not perfect, and to be fair i don't see anything changing till steam lauch, and provididng the game gets a truly massive player boost.

People never play "what they should" puly because they might not like the other ships, feel they are not good with the other ships, or simply are chacing OB's on ships they don't want to play.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 28, 2018, 6:45 a.m.

Belial,

Inequality does always exist. And from what I know, most new players give up because of the grind and being crushed by T4. With this system they can atleast obtain a T4 fast. They can adapt faster to the situation, learn from the leveled players and leave the stock build fast.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

May 28, 2018, 7:34 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221335) said:

ina perfect world I agree, [...]

This entire game is built around imbalance since the introduction of tiers, it's up to the match-maker to decide how much of that should be in a battle. The grind is not a valid method of doing that. You can buy a mercenary pack now as a new player and go play legendary as soon as you finished your 3 proving grounds battles.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 28, 2018, 3:17 p.m.

I really want the Devs to show courage and move mountains, to make this Progression an everyday thing. The overwhelming and positive effects cannot be ignored! They should pass it along every Dreadnought department they have!

^I want to believe^

May 28, 2018, 4:13 p.m.

But the Credit rewards do still need a buff, 7-8k per match average. Enterprise_NC1701

At a xp surplus and a credit deficit there is the incentive to purchase green credits from the exchange market. But still would be nice too see as a standard operating procedure even if it were as a special event if not every day .

May 28, 2018, 9:56 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221333) said:

Oh squads are playing for the win, I can assure you. And the incentive to squad up is high for the May community challenge too. Even with double XP and current elite status I'm unfortunately hitting burnout again against the discord squad cancer.

Come join me @ Twitch

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.