FORUMS

Bonus XP Weekend - The Way It Should Be

Posted: //
May 30, 2018, 9:23 a.m.

Ronin074#1597 posted (#post-221489) said:

Also over all try to make the game more inviting to play. E.g. Make downed ships drop somthing of interest like parts of a blueprint that when all have been collected makes you able to craft a hero ship. Give us somthing worthed to paly for the just grind progression.

Although I agree, I don't think this will fit into the free to play business model. Personally, I just think they ned to make their prices for what you can pay for reasonable.

May 30, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-221376) said:

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221333) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221327) said:

While I agree the XP boost has been great and I've made good progress my self. Personally I feel there needs to be a balance or new players will end up in battles with people with hundreds of hours of exsperiance. The devs also need to keep lower divisions populated too. That's why we have the grind.

That's not why we have it. The grind causes the imbalances due to people not playing what they should but rather what they are grinding, and entire squads not playing for the win but rather for points. With less grind people might play more reasonably, and if that caused player number to permanently spike like they did this weekend, then the match-maker would have plenty to work with to balance teams by experience/MMR as well.

Oh squads are playing for the win, I can assure you. And the incentive to squad up is high for the May community challenge too. Even with double XP and current elite status I'm unfortunately hitting burnout again against the discord squad cancer.

I tend to agree a lot with this.

May 30, 2018, 10:59 a.m.

That ended Bonus XP Weekend and online on the server immediately fell. I wanted to play a couple of fights in the Veteran, but after 20 minutes, left the waiting and went to the Recruit. There he also sat in wait for 20 minutes and left the game. Let the bonus be permanent, and then a penny grind for 100500 modules, which are essentially the same and are duplicated across all branches, is already boring.

Sorry for my english

May 30, 2018, 11:06 a.m.

Actually I just stopped playing the game today after realizing that I made tones of exp this weekend which I cannot enjoy becasue I have not credit to spend on the mods I researched. In the situation I am in this will continue for a long time since I while playing exp is earned in a much larger amount but credits are earned in a very small amount.

This is making me hate playing since I cannot actually upgrade my lev 3 onwards ships leaving me stuck and at the mercy of higher lev players. I tired leveling up lev 4 shipps while I make credits for lev 3 ships but this is just prolonging the situation

Guess its time to quit the game such obvious umbalances.

May 30, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

Doubling XP, while awesome as an event, would not resolve the real issues people attribute to grinding.

T3 ships using T2 mods against T4 ships with T4 mods causes a T3 pilot to make very little xp.

If we had the population base, and T3 ships were equiped with base T3 mods, in matches with only T3 ships, then the XP gain would be much higher, thus reducing the grind by 2-3 times as much at least.

Again, and in my opinion the matching system is to blame, not the grind or amount of XP you make in a match. But in order for the matching system to be fixed, we need a much larger active player base. Hopefully the Steam launch gives us this player base, but until then, doubling XP as the norm, in my opinion, only really benefits pilots with top tier ships in their respective matches. It also increases the deficit between tiers as a T4 pilot using T4 mods will make far more XP, compared to a T3 pilot even using T3 mods.

Some people benefit greatly, and other only a small amount dependent on the tier ship they use, and the score they are able to achieve. Doubling a score of 2k to 4k XP compared to doubling a score of 10k to 20k gives the pilot who already has decent scores a massive advantage in grinding new ships and mods, which to me seems very unfair to the people having to grind the hardest.

May 30, 2018, 11:25 a.m.

Ronin074#1597 posted (#post-221587) said:

Actually I just stopped playing the game today after realizing that I made tones of exp this weekend which I cannot enjoy becasue I have not credit to spend on the mods I researched. In the situation I am in this will continue for a long time since I while playing exp is earned in a much larger amount but credits are earned in a very small amount.

This is making me hate playing since I cannot actually upgrade my lev 3 onwards ships leaving me stuck and at the mercy of higher lev players. I tired leveling up lev 4 shipps while I make credits for lev 3 ships but this is just prolonging the situation

Guess its time to quit the game such obvious umbalances.

I'd suggest leaving the battle bonus away then. Save the credits and get less XP you wouldn't need anyway.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.