FORUMS

Help Countering Another Tactic

Posted: //
May 28, 2018, 3:06 a.m.

Updated //
May 28, 2018, 3:18 a.m.

Author's Note - Before I ask for game help, can I please ask the mods/admins to do something about the spam ad posts that periodically flood the forums section. Those single line posts come in dozens if not hundreds at a time and cause a clutter issue.

Need help countering another tactic - Plasma Ram on Oberon destroyers. I don't mind losing a ship to a ram, it just becomes problematic if it is your main method of attack when you have perfectly functional artillery. The ship's guns might as well be dead weight. Personally I see ramming as either a desperation move or as how a flanker starts an ambush on a dug in formation. I had the bad luck of running into a enemy team with two of those guys. They barely used their guns (finishing blow if we survived the ram), and only fired a Drain or Disruptor Torp to weaken a target that tried to fight back. They just flew around ramming everyone and engine boosting away to safety. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I am a PS4 captain. Sorry for not mentioning that in my other post asking for help/tactics.

May 28, 2018, 3:35 a.m.

I personally take care of the spam when I see it. Sadly most spam strikes when I'm asleep, so normally it's something I do while making my breakfast. But Yeah it's annoying.

As for the rams. Your best hope is to take them out before they get to you. Power to engines and moving can sometimes be enough. Stasis, disrupt or purge will stop them in there tracks, but I'd still move away from them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 28, 2018, 5:55 a.m.

On your arty you have various ways to defend yourself including stasis missile, stasis mines and disruptor auto-beams. Even drain missile, if applied early enough, will discourage a ram, because it takes away a lot of their speed. Dive or evasive maneuver gets you away from an imminent ram, too. Anti-missile lasers or anti-missile pulse take care of their disrupt missile.

For the team perspective, being in range of a Dreadnought running armor boost pulse will also make you survive a ram. A destroyer with stasis ammo can stop several rammers dead in their tracks, tacs can fit stasis and purge beams, or even well positioned tractor beam pods will do the job.

Those are just some ideas, if you go through the tech trees you'll find more. Rammers are like corvettes, they mainly prey on unaware targets and/or unaware teams. Teamwork trumps such tactics, always.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 29, 2018, 10:02 p.m.

best counter ive come across for fights  against the vindi is nox with disrupt auto beam and proxy mine. if your running in center of fleet the vindi has no chance. this should make them put it away for rest of match

May 29, 2018, 11:24 p.m.

ramming is hard. they prey on oppurtunity.

keep inside the fleet and the rammer will have a hard time.

lay mines often and move up, lay mines and dive man works well as well.

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.