FORUMS

white beam of death

Posted: //
May 28, 2018, 11:24 a.m.

Just played a legendary game where my entire team got destroyed with little to no hope or explanation to countering the white beam. What is it, a glitch? A bug? An exploit? I think I’ll stop playing now till that gets fixed. :/

May 28, 2018, 11:31 a.m.

Updated //

Purge Beam of a Tactical Cruiser, repeatedly drains, prevents module usage and increases damage taken on the affected ship. Also drains and increases the damage the Tac using it takes.

Counter to this is to either stay more than 5km away from it, or focus fire it down using the self-debuffs against it.

Or obviously disrupt it to shut it down.

Recruit Engineer

q_q

It's legendary, expect at least some players to know their modules.

The best counter to a beam is to shoot the ship emitting it. It'll be armor broken while having purge beam active, i.e. it's easier to kill.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 28, 2018, 1:19 p.m.

Uh, a 5K no fly zone around an entire team of ships is a little bit OP don't you think?

Oh well, it's been fun whilst it lasted...

May 28, 2018, 3:24 p.m.

mdagli1#5367 posted (#post-221354) said:

Uh, a 5K no fly zone around an entire team of ships is a little bit OP don't you think?

Oh well, it's been fun whilst it lasted...

An arty can very very easily take out a Tac using purge beam from a safe distance.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.