FORUMS

Scrambler pulse

Posted: //
May 31, 2018, 9:48 p.m.

Hello,

Yes it can be chained and it is a completely game breaking tactic when used with the combination of disruptor and another 1 or 2 ships.

I made a thread about this: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/138341/

The only decent advice I've ever received is to equip the Desperate Measures OB - but this module won't really save you and you will be dead before you can counter attack.

You have to just be ready and hope you see them coming and hit first. Remember, Distruptor turns your modules OFF. That + Scrambler mines ( which shoot outward from the corvette - meaning they can stay OUT of your flak range ) = the most ridiculous OP combo in this game.

May 31, 2018, 10:02 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221461) said:

Scrubber module on the corvet will remove the debuff. Just don't fly into another mine.

I'm sorry dude but this reply completely piisses me off.

Scrubber Module?

Really?

The dude's getting KILLED by a Corvette

If you are using a Corvette and you are losing because you are getting Scrambled then you should immedietly stop using a Corvette because you are literally the worst Corvette player EVERRrrrrrrr.

Literally every other module in the 4th bracket is better. ( Afterburner and auto-repair get you out of a lot of bad situations )

Have you even asked the question as to why the Corvette - THE SHIP THAT NEEDS A SCRUBBER MODULE THE LEAST - is the only ship that has it? Well the answer is because the orginal name for this game was Corvette-nought

My goodness us PS4 players are going to eat you PC people alive after the merger

May 31, 2018, 10:54 p.m.

I wouldn't call it "game breaking" but yeah Scrambler is very annoying, i also never understood why it affects your energy wheel so you can't switch between thrusters, shields, weapons etc. It doesn't affect modules so why should it affect energy thats what drain is for.

Yeah a few of PC players think they know it all and like to jump in on the PS4 forums and get all uppity when you tell them they're wrong because your talking about the PS4 version of the game which is usually several updates behind PC and doesn't have all the features they do, this isn't the case here just saying it happens.

I've always wondered why the TAC Cruiser doesn't have some form of Scrubber module that can be used on allies, a scrubber beam or pulse would be overpowered as you could almost instantly negate a tartarus misssiles effects for your whole team. A scrubber missile would be good though, affects a single target, reasonable cooldown, wouldn't be overpowered and the TAC cruiser already has energy and weapon booster at it's disposal so it would hardly be out of place or game changing.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

May 31, 2018, 11:24 p.m.

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-221707) said:

Scrubber module on the corvet will remove the debuff. Just don't fly into another mine.

Scrubber Module?

Really?

If you are using a Corvette and you are losing because you are getting Scrambled then you should immedietly stop using a Corvette because you are literally the worst Corvette player EVERRrrrrrrr.

Literally every other module in the 4th bracket is better. ( Afterburner and auto-repair get you out of a lot of bad situations )

Have you even asked the question as to why the Corvette - THE SHIP THAT NEEDS A SCRUBBER MODULE THE LEAST - is the only ship that has it? Well the answer is because the orginal name for this game was Corvette-nought

My goodness us PS4 players are going to eat you PC people alive after the merger

I have seen pilots with fits I would never use, in fact at the time I think they are totally nutz, or have no clue what they are doing with the fit they use, and then they end up being the top pilot in the match. Point is, just because you think a certain fit is bunk doesn't mean someone else isn't smart or clever enough to use tactics you have never thought of, to use them against you effectively, or score higher than you.

I am not saying the OPs suggestion is or isn't valid, or a good fit, only that you cannot just dismiss out of hand any fit. You might not be able to use it effectively, but someone else can. And where you mention "Afterburner and auto-repair get you out of a lot of bad situations " another pilot might say you shouldn't be getting yourself into situations where you need the afterburner or auto-repair, and that people will clean your clock because you are relying on last ditch measures to survive. You see how that works?

What I don't understand is your salty, toxic attitude. If this is really as bad a choice as you claim, then you need say nothing and reap whatever benefits you might for someone fitting a corvette in this way. If it's such a bad suggestion, why are you so angry? You insinuated that PS4 players are going to have an easy time fighting against PC players, because of this type of fit. I would think that would make you really happy, not so salty and toxic.

When people post as you have, it adds very little or absolutely nothing to the conversation. It does not help the community and causes people to react in a toxic way.

And by the way, it's called a "server merge" not a server war. That means we will be a melting pot of both, not as you seem to think of it where PS4 players are enemies of PC players. Each team ideally will be comprised of people using PS4s and PCs both. That means you will be relying on PC players at some point to save you, or help you beat the other team, or heal you. If someone is using a TAC ship, do you honestly think if they have read this post and remember you, and are playing on a PC, that they are going to bother to heal you?

If you want to point fingers at people, you might consider how you presented yourself to PC players in this post, and realize that it wasn't very smart on your part, considering that you are damaging any teamwork enviroment with PC players you might otherwise enjoy.

I for one am excited about the server merge, not because I am hostile towards PS4 players, I might end up switching to PS4 myself if it allows me some advantage. I am looking forwards to having more active players, the possibility that we have enough pilots online at any time that the matching system can be fixed. I certainly do not hold any anger or negative feelings about PS4 players.

My suggestion to you is to not post before thinking about what you are saying, and how it will affect you negatively. Don't post when you are so salty. It makes you seem like a person who cannot control their emotions.

June 1, 2018, 11:21 a.m.

Corvette scrambler mines are ramppid right now. At t5 the stats are staggering 8 sec cooldown, 6 mine at a time deployed and max active, damage at 7200 , and a duration of 12 sec. all way too much in my opion even at t4. I think the scramble duration is the biggest problem here cooldown vs duration you are under a constant state of scramble ( 8sec coolddown-12 sec active scramble ) These figures do not take into account that module amper is applied ...if so add 30 %

June 1, 2018, 7:20 p.m.

hotrods_n_harleys#3566 posted (#post-221794) said:

Corvette scrambler mines are ramppid right now. At t5 the stats are staggering 8 sec cooldown, 6 mine at a time deployed and max active, damage at 7200 , and a duration of 12 sec. all way too much in my opion even at t4. I think the scramble duration is the biggest problem here cooldown vs duration you are under a constant state of scramble ( 8sec coolddown-12 sec active scramble ) These figures do not take into account that module amper is applied ...if so add 30 %

Legendary has been quite empty untill the XP event, so people didn't have all the modules, so it's safe to say, T5 modules are probably not that well balanced.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 1, 2018, 7:29 p.m.

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-221707) said:

Scrubber Module?

Really?

Sure, you know some ships you can build to hunt corvettes right? If you can't see you can't fight.

Thats subjective and completly personal opinion.

Because a crorvette could fly in the the middle of an enemy fleet, to take out a healer, and get hit with a stasis pulse. Scrubber module removes the stasis, and your free to go kill things.

My goodness us PS4 players are going to eat you PC people alive after the merger.

What merger is that? There are no current plans to merge PC and PS4. If it happens, It's not going to be for a very long time, and thats came from the top guy at 6foot working on the game. the only merger that is happening soon, is the removal of the locks that keep regions apart on PS4.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

June 2, 2018, 12:46 a.m.

What I don't understand is your salty, toxic attitude. If this is really as bad a choice as you claim, then you need say nothing and reap whatever benefits you might for someone fitting a corvette in this way. If it's such a bad suggestion, why are you so angry? You insinuated that PS4 players are going to have an easy time fighting against PC players, because of this type of fit. I would think that would make you really happy, not so salty and toxic.

When people post as you have, it adds very little or absolutely nothing to the conversation. It does not help the community and causes people to react in a toxic way. If someone is using a TAC ship, do you honestly think if they have read this post and remember you, and are playing on a PC, that they are going to bother to heal you?

I for one am excited about the server merge, not because I am hostile towards PS4 players, I might end up switching to PS4 myself if it allows me some advantage. I am looking forwards to having more active players, the possibility that we have enough pilots online at any time that the matching system can be fixed. I certainly do not hold any anger or negative feelings about PS4 players.

Ok ok ok, I was kinda mean and jerky.....but....

THE GUY SUGGESTED SCRUBBER MODULE

That module is made completely irrelevant by afterburner ( which the Corvette who waxed the OP was probably equipped with )

IT IS NOT A HELPFUL AT ALL SUGGESTION BECAUSE THE OP IS NOT USING A CORVETTE - HE IS GETTING WIPED OUT BY A CORVETTE because DISTRUPT + SCRAMBLER MINES + ASSAULT BLINK is outrageously game breaking, frusrating, and will kill you EVERYTIME.

WHEN YOU SUGGEST SCRUBBER MODULE I draw the conclusion that you are INSULTING THE OP because SCRUBBER MODULE is NONSENSE ( and it also kinda sorta makes me feel like you guys haven't experienced the aformentioned UNSTOPPABLE attack )

WHICH BRINGS US TO - you certainly will at the merger.

The game ( last I checked ) is called DREADNOUGHT - not Corvette nought or Corv Dis Scramble nought. - Don't get me wrong, I love the Corvettes but if you do not have the courage to stand up and point out when something is obviously game breaking ( and F'ing rage quit frustratng it is to even just be hit with scrambler ) then YOU are not contributing to this game's success.

I WANT BALANCE OVER ALL ELSE - if I die I should feel like I made a mistake NOT "oh well, that guy's using that cheap OP combo"

& I guarantee you will lose new players simply because of Scrambler pulse - but you know when I bring that sort of thing up I get you uppity PC players teling me to calm down and that Scrambler's not that strong and you can still see when hit with it and other nonsense.

"ahem"

also,

• IF THE DEVELEPORS HAD HALF A BRAIN - they would actually encourage and bolster a PC vs PS4 rivalry. This is a competitive game and this type of thing would help this game tremendously.

Do I have to respond to the theoretical Tac Cruiser who may or may not heal me because I'm a salty, bitter, ragey player that wants to win and also keep his/her buttt alive? I could really care less if they are healing me as long as they are healing somebody and contributing.

June 2, 2018, 3:15 a.m.

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-221838) said:

When people post as you have, it adds very little or absolutely nothing to the conversation. It does not help the community and causes people to react in a toxic way. If someone is using a TAC ship, do you honestly think if they have read this post and remember you, and are playing on a PC, that they are going to bother to heal you?

Ok ok ok, I was kinda mean and jerky.....but....

THE GUY SUGGESTED SCRUBBER MODULE

we where talking in general about counters modules. If you had followed the conversation within the thread you'd know thais.

That module is made completely irrelevant by afterburner ( which the Corvette who waxed the OP was probably equipped with )

Personal opinion. I never use afterburner as it will get you killed most of the time.

IT IS NOT A HELPFUL AT ALL SUGGESTION BECAUSE THE OP IS NOT USING A CORVETTE - HE IS GETTING WIPED OUT BY A CORVETTE because DISTRUPT + SCRAMBLER MINES + ASSAULT BLINK is outrageously game breaking, frusrating, and will kill you EVERYTIME.

Learn to take counters, some builds seem strong because peole don't take counter modules and get eaten alive.

WHEN YOU SUGGEST SCRUBBER MODULE I draw the conclusion that you are INSULTING THE OP because SCRUBBER MODULE is NONSENSE ( and it also kinda sorta makes me feel like you guys haven't experienced the aformentioned UNSTOPPABLE attack )

Your right I havent, because I keep my eyes open for corvettes and kill them before they get close to me. Map awerness will keep you alive over the modules you have.

WHICH BRINGS US TO - you certainly will at the merger.

there is not PC/PS4 murger happening anytime soon, I don't know where you got that idea from.

The game ( last I checked ) is called DREADNOUGHT - not Corvette nought or Corv Dis Scramble nought. - Don't get me wrong, I love the Corvettes but if you do not have the courage to stand up and point out when something is obviously game breaking ( and F'ing rage quit frustratng it is to even just be hit with scrambler ) then YOU are not contributing to this game's success.

The people who fail to adapt always claim corvettes are OP, it's as old as the game. people who think corvettes are OP are normally the players who get tunnle vison when they are shooting atsomeone and don't notice the corvette coming up behind them.

I WANT BALANCE OVER ALL ELSE - if I die I should feel like I made a mistake NOT "oh well, that guy's using that cheap OP combo"

if you want to fly in to mine thats your buisness.

& I guarantee you will lose new players simply because of Scrambler pulse - but you know when I bring that sort of thing up I get you uppity PC players teling me to calm down and that Scrambler's not that strong and you can still see when hit with it and other nonsense.

But you can. Turn on damage numbers and you can see the numbers through the scramble, so you know you are hitting something, and if you are keeping your head on a swivle you would know at what angle the corvette was at when you got scrambles and you can keep shooting him, don't forget shields and modules work while scrambles, you just can't see while scrambles.

"ahem"

also,

• IF THE DEVELEPORS HAD HALF A BRAIN - they would actually encourage and bolster a PC vs PS4 rivalry. This is a competitive game and this type of thing would help this game tremendously.

But there is no point to that as PC and PS4 players don't play together..........

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.