FORUMS

Dear Dreadnought Developers

Posted: //
May 29, 2018, 4:53 p.m.

Hello,

your wierdo Enterprise here, requesting some changes and things. Some are already known, if not all of them.

First, regarding the new UI. I do not know what to think. The Hangar did exist since the birth of Dreadnought, and the UI looks pretty and is fairly easy to use. I do not understand the incoming UI changes. I would like to suggest the current Hangar to become a free for all Vintage cosmetic. I cannot identify with my Ships if they just hover in place above a Map. Maybe I will accept the new UI, but I am not sure.

The Grind, my major gripe I have with Dreadnought. No joke, the Grind is pushing me away from Dreadnought, it is like homework. And I do everything to ignore/avoid any kind of work I do not like. The Grind is opressive, long (2 weeks of hardcore Grind, ~4 hours a day, T4 Grind), and just frustrating. The double Xp Event gave me hope, you Devs have to make the bonus Xp the standard Progression, but only from T3 upwards, T1+2 is fine. I could not resist playing, I had fun, I learned something about Modules and Ship types, making a Personalized Build was possible. Other Captains report an increased amount of Legendary matches, people enjoyed T3. All of this was too hard to achieve, barely possible. This is how the Grind should have been! Give Dreadnought a future, a future everyone would be happy with!

Guess what comes next?

Yup, you got it. Carriers A Dreadnought cannot carry that well, the amount of jets is too limited, the Ship is more an offensive Tank then a Defensive support class like the Tac cruiser or Artillery.

We do also need a proper Matchmaking, skill or level based. Of course, one or two T3's could slip in, but hey... European Servers are a must, I am tired of a 200ms Ping! (Battlefield 1:2000ms once) Please put an increase of daily Contract rewards into consideration, 2k per contract maybe. The Credit income should be increased to 7k-8k average per match, Credits are important! You can buy them with Gp, sure. But still, we do need more from a match

Assists should be rewarded by the amount of damge dealt, and supportive actions have to be made great again! Tartarus and disrupt, drain, reward Teamplay please.

The "Set as Flagship" option has to return, to compensate possible late joins.

Did I forget something?

See you in Space!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 29, 2018, 6:06 p.m.

You've made some good point but don't forget they need to make money to keep people paid and the game developed. Reduce the grind too much and people don't buy elite, give too many credits and it removes the incentive to buy them.

I know you don't like the grind but it is there to make money. With out that we don't have a game to play.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 30, 2018, 2:40 a.m.

Thanks Belial.

I am aware of this, but I think it is not a good idea to push people to invest money through an opressive Grind. Right now, many new Players bail, because the progression curve goes steep, they are unwilling to Grind, unhappy with rewards and the current Matchmaking. To be honest I were willing to spend 290gp on cosmetics (still looking for paysafe cards), and I think that a smaller Grind would not really harm the Dev's money income. People would stick with this game, who could potentially invest money into DN. Heroships would be used more, because the rewards would be satisfying, and again, people would rather buy a T2 Heroship instead of a few cosmetics. Because of the bonus Xp event, I were more interested in free Xp, although I did not convert any. I had not enough Xp for a mod, and pro players made Grinding a bit nasty. So what then? Playing and suffering, or rather convert or spend Free Xp. I got more into the Game, I were interested in the Money mechanics. People would gain access to new Ships faster, if they really learned to love the class, they could buy cosmetics for it.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 30, 2018, 3:12 a.m.

They have tried the cosmetics as a way to pay for the game. It didn't work. Apparently they don't make a lot from cosmetics at all, but how much truth to that I don't know as it's second hand information.

So we are here with a system that is keeping the lights on for now.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

May 30, 2018, 9:18 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221494) said:

They have tried the cosmetics as a way to pay for the game. It didn't work. Apparently they don't make a lot from cosmetics at all, but how much truth to that I don't know as it's second hand information.

One of the devs posted about a month or so ago they don't make much of cosmetics. It's because they're way overpriced. A number have posted on the forums if the prices were reasonable they would buy them, but aproximately $15 for a skin is about 5 times too much. However it's Greybox's business side that's making that pricing model, not the devs.

May 30, 2018, 9:42 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-221565) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221494) said:

One of the devs posted about a month or so ago they don't make much of cosmetics. It's because they're way overpriced. A number have posted on the forums if the prices were reasonable they would buy them, but aproximately $15 for a skin is about 5 times too much. However it's Greybox's business side that's making that pricing model, not the devs.

It's both the prices and the lack of choices. The market remains barren, nothing much to buy there.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 30, 2018, 10:18 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221568) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-221565) said:

It's both the prices and the lack of choices. The market remains barren, nothing much to buy there.

Yeah, I don't agree with the seasonal rotation meant to pressure payers into buying a cosmetic before it gets rotated out. I've seen a number of cool coatings on videos and wonder when they'll be available to buy, only to remember that I won't buy them due to inflated prices.

May 30, 2018, 10:24 a.m.

Updated //
May 30, 2018, 10:25 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221453) said:

You've made some good point but don't forget they need to make money to keep people paid and the game developed. Reduce the grind too much and people don't buy elite, give too many credits and it removes the incentive to buy them.

I know you don't like the grind but it is there to make money. With out that we don't have a game to play.

Or improve the way purchasable cosmetic items are handled. Lower the price, make a bigger deal about them, and then they can still make money while having a easier grind and thus also the players that might quit over the grind.

Give some cool items away for free that get taken away after a few days so players want to buy them or others if they feel like they would want some of them on their ships. Just having the option to paint the ships red isn't doing that.

May 30, 2018, 12:05 p.m.

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-221575) said:

Or improve the way purchasable cosmetic items are handled. Lower the price, make a bigger deal about them, and then they can still make money while having a easier grind and thus also the players that might quit over the grind.

Give some cool items away for free that get taken away after a few days so players want to buy them or others if they feel like they would want some of them on their ships. Just having the option to paint the ships red isn't doing that.

The price points will not change. They might go on sale, but they will almost never be reduced perminanrly. I play a few games with cash shops, and the player base have complained about the price. But the bottom line is as long as there are enough people willing to pay for them, then the price will not move.

Don't get me wrong I'd love cheap cosmetics as I'm all about the fashionnought.

May 30, 2018, 12:14 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221602) said:

Patrazor#2302 posted (#post-221575) said:

The price points will not change. They might go on sale, but they will almost never be reduced perminanrly. I play a few games with cash shops, and the player base have complained about the price. But the bottom line is as long as there are enough people willing to pay for them, then the price will not move.

Don't get me wrong I'd love cheap cosmetics as I'm all about the fashionnought.

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to change sadly and you're right about the philosophy. If they do go on sale and hit my price point, I'll invest some otherwise it's whatever I scrounge from twich drops and what GP I can get in game w/o purchases.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.