FORUMS

Remove battle bonus from the game please

Posted: //
May 30, 2018, 6:43 a.m.

First it was maintenance, now it's battle bonus.

• I have to wait 10 minutes between veteran matches.
  • If I enter a match with less than 1m time remaining on BB, I have to wait another extra match because those few seconds are wasted
  • If I have a match where I don't have the ability to perform or if I just have a bad match, but I also have battle bonus, I pretty much waste it
  • My income is spiking between matches, meaning that after getting battle bonus, my motivation to play without is non-existing
  • If you buy BB once, you have to keep buying it, as buying it only delays the cooldown till next match.

I will propose the same as I proposed for maintenance, remove it and normalize our income. There's no need to have a credit sink anymore, T5 is our credit sink. BB was designed to give us more experience, but the experience is the easy part to get anyway.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

May 30, 2018, 6:59 a.m.

Updated //
May 30, 2018, 7 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-221551) said:

First it was maintenance, now it's battle bonus.

• I have to wait 10 minutes between veteran matches.
  • If I enter a match with less than 1m time remaining on BB, I have to wait another extra match because those few seconds are wasted
  • If I have a match where I don't have the ability to perform or if I just have a bad match, but I also have battle bonus, I pretty much waste it
  • My income is spiking between matches, meaning that after getting battle bonus, my motivation to play without is non-existing
  • If you buy BB once, you have to keep buying it, as buying it only delays the cooldown till next match.

I will propose the same as I proposed for maintenance, remove it and normalize our income. There's no need to have a credit sink anymore, T5 is our credit sink. BB was designed to give us more experience, but the experience is the easy part to get anyway.

No Anyone, I cannot agree with you here. Nobody forces you to buy it, and you do not have to wait the entire cooldown. Play, learn, improve with BB. Or cycle between two fleets.

Making the bonus xp the standaerd Grind would also be more important in my opinion.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 30, 2018, 7:15 a.m.

Nobody forces you to buy it

Correct and I recommend nobody to buy it, because buying it is worthless and only costs you more than it gives

and you do not have to wait the entire cooldown

I know I don't, but if I don't wait those 10 minutes, I will spend a portion of that time waiting. Let's say a match is 17 minutes including the orbit screen and BB is 10 minutes, queues are 3 minutes. That means I have 1 BB every 30 minutes.

If I queue up immidiately, I have played 2 matches (34 minutes), waited 6 minutes minutes, meaning I'll have 1 BB every 40 minutes, that's a 1/3 increase in time.

Play, learn, improve with BB.

Eh you're the one to speak

Or cycle between two fleets.

And the point of this is? I want to play a specific fleet, not cycle between them.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

May 30, 2018, 7:43 a.m.

Eh you're the one to speak -Anyone

Yes, sometimes I really sučk at this Game, but I can be a beast. Like my recent Corvette domination, or my Angry Arty

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

May 30, 2018, 8:31 a.m.

BB is a mechanic designed to make players not play certain fleets as often as they otherwise would. As such, there is everything wrong with it.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 30, 2018, 8:33 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221562) said:

BB is a mechanic designed to make players not play certain fleets as often as they otherwise would. As such, there is everything wrong with it.

But it helps desperate noobs like me with the horrendous Grindmare

^I want to believe^

May 30, 2018, 9:41 a.m.

The point of BB is as Snib said. To encourage people to rotate fleets and keep all divisions populated.

Some people don't like it and I get where they are coming from. I can see the Devs not wanting to do it because we all know credits are the thing we need.

Maybe they'd consider adding the removal of BB as a perk of elite. Could be a good incentive for people to buy it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

May 30, 2018, 10:20 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221567) said:

The point of BB is as Snib said. To encourage people to rotate fleets and keep all divisions populated.

Some people don't like it and I get where they are coming from. I can see the Devs not wanting to do it because we all know credits are the thing we need.

Maybe they'd consider adding the removal of BB as a perk of elite. Could be a good incentive for people to buy it.

From a business standpoint, that's a good idea.

May 30, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

Which is stupid, because I won't switch to another devision for battle bonus. Why would I play my veteran fleet if I've unlocked whatever I want and there's legendary for me to play? If anything, this incentive is against people that want to play legendary, because they are "forced" back into veteran, stomping pubs.

May 30, 2018, 10:56 a.m.

I like that idea. Wish that instead of making the grind longer, they just made elite better.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.