FORUMS

Remove battle bonus from the game please

Posted: //
May 31, 2018, 4:06 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-221690) said:

TL;DR: Buff Credit rewards.

No, this is not what's being asked for. BB makes players wait between matches instead of switching fleets.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

May 31, 2018, 4:23 p.m.

How about a compromise then? Keep BB and the cooldown, but remove the "skip with credits" feature. Sounds terrible, but so you needn't worry about your Credits anymore.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

May 31, 2018, 5:51 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-221692) said:

How about a compromise then? Keep BB and the cooldown, but remove the "skip with credits" feature. Sounds terrible, but so you needn't worry about your Credits anymore.

How is that a compromise? You are not understanding the purpose of this thread. It's not about credits.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 31, 2018, 9:07 p.m.

I don't like feeling pressured to play different tiers. I don't like feeling pressured to by GP so I can convert XP on fully trained ships I have accumulated millions of XP on. I don't like feeling I will not progress nearly as fast if I don't buy the battle bonus, and I don't like spending credits, when they are already the hardest to earn.

If the intent is to encourage players to switch matching tiers, to avoid buying the battle bonus but still able to play, then it's not working, it's obviously not working. And if it is not working as intended, it should be removed.

We should be using XP and Credits at the same rate, so that we can unlock and purchase mods at the same time, spending credits so that you might benefit from the battle bonus causes an even larger deficit between XP and credits. The current system makes me feel like the developers are tring to be clever. Like they are using psychologicaly manipulative tactics in an effort to get people to pay more money so they can progress. I don't like feeling manipulated. It causes me to stop playing the game, angry.

Like everyone else I don't like long que times, but I understand we need a larger population base before we can. But since I don't like paying for the battle bonus with credits that are harder to accumulate. Since I don't want to play the higher or lower tier matches, and since I don't want to pay over and over, credits to benefit from the battle bonus I will then wait out the timer for battle bonus. This means I will not advance as fast as those who do, it means I will wait even longer.

I don't play in squads, but if I did and I wanted to wait the bonus timer out, this means I will not be playing all the matches my squad is playing, and thus not supporting my squad's efforts. Or I can play without the battle bonus, and be angry that I am not progressing as fast as my squad mates who pay the battle bonus.

In recruit, you are almost always unlocking the ships you need to get to the next tier ships you want to play. You are not opening up all the mods on all the ships because frankly, the achievment awards are not significant enough to bother with it, and the players intent is to play the next tier ship that is more dynamic in options and fun. Nobody wants to accumulate XP on a ship they do not want to fly, nor intend to fly.

I currently have several T4 ships that have several million in XP that I will not convert, because I feel I have already spent far too much money in buying vanity items, and a subscription. I don't want to play Legendary matches, until the matching system is fixed. I don't want to play the lower tier ships as they are limited in modules they can use, and not as fun to pilot. So I play veteran matches where all the ships have been unlocked, and almost all are fully trained. I don't want to wait out the bonus timer, I don't want to pay to zero it, I don't want to play recruit, I don't want to play legendary until the matching system is fixed. So many times I will play a few games, start feeling angry, and then exit out of the game so that I am not benefitting any matching tier, not adding to the online player base.

I feel like I am being pressured to spend my hard earned credits I really want to spend on modules, to buy the battle bonus. When I see the message stating I don't have to, I become angry, it makes me feel that the developers are trying to manipulate me. Nobody wants to feel manipulated.

If I buy a battle bonus, and then thrown into a match where the enemy is so heavily favored that they will obviously win, it makes me feel stupid for buying a battle bonus, manipulated and angry.

When I was first learning to play a guitar, the person teaching me told me a method to use, so that I would always feel good about playing the guitar and always want to pick it up and play. He said to put the guitar down, stop playing, when you felt good about playing, not to allow myself to become frustrated, because when you put down a guitar frustrated, it creates a situation where you don't want to pick it up and play it again. Eventually, if I continue to feel angry or starting to feel angry, I will quit playing this game.

It's these very things that cause people to leave the game, and not come back. I have to agree with the OP, I would like to see the battle bonus removed.

June 1, 2018, 12:55 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221693) said:

How is that a compromise? You are not understanding the purpose of this thread. It's not about credits.

So why is everyone moaning about loosing them? Just stop it.

And when BB is gonna be removed, and not replaced by something else that speeds my progression up without f^ing real money, then I will stop playing once and for all. I am tired of progressing in such small steps! And don't come me with Elite, f off!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 1, 2018, 10:40 a.m.

Unlocking legendary tier...ahhhh the bliss..the excitement..

30mins after..still looking for a match.

June 1, 2018, 11:10 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-221715) said:

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221693) said:

So why is everyone moaning about loosing them? Just stop it.

And when BB is gonna be removed, and not replaced by something else that speeds my progression up without f^ing real money, then I will stop playing once and for all. I am tired of progressing in such small steps! And don't come me with Elite, f off!

Lets say you are playing veteran matches, you are working on your T4 ships so you have a reasonable chance of being effective in Leg. You play your first free BB game but after, because you do not want to spend your credits, after all they are the hardest to earn. You now have either the choice to wait for the cooldown timer, or you can play a recruit match that you have no interest in playing, nor do you want to level up those ships. So you decide to wait out the timer.

In this scenerio, people who otherwise would want to play another match right away, are not. This descreases the number of available people for a match. As a result, more AI bots are injected into the match because there are not enough people, real people, to flesh out the teams.

The BB doesn't only upset and annoy those who do not want to spend their hard earned credits, to zero the cooldown timer. It also causes fewer people to que for matches.

I cannot blame people for not wanting to spend their credits, that again are the hardest to earn, in order to zero the cooldown timer. The matching system is so skewed that most times it doesn't matter your skill, it doesn't matter your ship fitting, it doesn't matter how hard you try if a squad is on the enemy team you will more than likely lose, wasting those hard earned, hard to come by credits.

Do you know how much you actually make when you zero the cooldown timer by paying credits to do so? If you really wanted your BB to make a significant difference, you would buy a subscription. But if you do not have a subscription, how much extra points are you honestly making?

Getting rid of the BB will cause more people to que for matches, it will shorten the que times, there will not be as much need to inject AI bots into matches. Overall, it's the smart thing to do. The way BB works actually harms everyone's gameplay when people wait out the timer.

We are a community, we all more or less want the same things, to see the game succeed, to be able to reduce the grind somewhat, to attain the next higher tier ships, to have faster que times, less AI bots, etc etc etc. One way to help everyone, is to remove the BB and the cooldown timer.

I will make you a deal, present a logical, thoughtful argument in favor of retaining the BB system as it is now, and I will keep an open mind and think through your argument. But in return, you also will keep an open mind and consider the arguments that have been expressed in this thread. Perhaps I am wrong in my assesment of the situation, and if so I would like to know where my logic is flawed. You might be wrong as well, and if so perhaps understanding the issues that the BB system causes, will cause you to think of a better system that we all can agree on, and then promote as a fix for the current issues related to the BB system.

June 1, 2018, 1:36 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2018, 1:39 p.m.

What's wrong with queuing for and playing same-tier matches right away instead of waiting for the timer to cooldown? Sure, you won't be making as much as XP compared to having bought Battle Bonus, but you will still be earning something, rather than twiddling your thumbs in hangar while waiting for the timer to cooldown. This way you get to keep your credits; you may even progress faster this way compared to buying Battle Bonus, unless you decide to buy credit packs in which case Battle Bonus would be helpful.

June 1, 2018, 1:56 p.m.

What if they instituted a bonus based on the tier of ship the player is using? That way you have a way to reduce the xp grind for that ship and get more credits for that tier's modules?

I'd say T1-2 wouldn't receive a bonus, T3 a small one, then larger ones for T4 and T5 since their xp/credit costs are exponential.

June 1, 2018, 2:27 p.m.

Lando Calrissian#2323 posted (#post-221801) said:

What's wrong with queuing for and playing same-tier matches right away instead of waiting for the timer to cooldown? Sure, you won't be making as much as XP compared to having bought Battle Bonus, but you will still be earning something, rather than twiddling your thumbs in hangar while waiting for the timer to cooldown. This way you get to keep your credits; you may even progress faster this way compared to buying Battle Bonus, unless you decide to buy credit packs in which case Battle Bonus would be helpful.

Because; feels bad man when you do really well and you don't have BB so you don't get as much reward as you would with BB. At lest that is the feeling I get from it. I know it annoys me on a personal level when I get a godly score with out BB knowing I could have had more, but that's about it for me personally. I want fun and progression so the BB issue some people have is not one I have my self, but everyone is different.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.