FORUMS

Dynamic Team Sizes & AI 'done right.' (for faster Queue times)

Posted: //
June 1, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221791) said:

HandSolo#4718 posted (#post-221788) said:

Not a fan of AI in any match, I like Snibs suggestion. Reduce the number of players in a match, no AI. The matching system as Snib has said, already waits for a specific number of real player before creating a match. So just reduce the number of players to the current min of real players vs AI, and no more AI.

This doesn't fix the unfair matches, but it would help in that AI wouldn't be messing things up.

The issue is when there are too many AI without an enforced balance of units per side, with the same score gave as players, with behavior and units that lead to them just being food.

As said again: Player Choice. (for those that DO want or who don't care about if are AI bots in games).

To allow for the choice to not be part of AI/Bots included games, if at a longer MM, with Bot Options for those that don't mind or care for when Populations are far too low. (just go into Settings and Tic the 'boxes' as they apply; just that simple... or such)

In either case, yeah. Bot/AI need to not have frontline determining power like how it feels + the unequal distribution of players starting with Rank, eh.

With dynamic Team Sizes to match Squad Sizes populations we can also do more the most to remove the need for bots where can help it. - such it is better to have some bots AI if someone gets dropped out of a game.

So speaking of, how big would be 'big enough' or if too big for games? Think that 12v12 could become a thing on larger "Onslaught" type Maps or if on more vast maps with more quadrants to them? How big is "Too Big?"

By giving people the choice to only que for certain types of matches, what your suggestion would really do is to split the player base between matches even more. That means longer que times and more AI bot injection. It means the unfair matching system would become even more so. You might have some points if the player base was much, much larger but until that time, this would cause issues that all of us want to avoid. It will also cause some to leave the game all together.

June 1, 2018, 12:24 p.m.

Reducing numbers to 5v5 is a crazy idea. People complain enough now about squads in 8v8. I can see the forum pull of salty posts from solo players getting farmed by squads now. Next It will be disband squads.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 1, 2018, 12:49 p.m.

Thus the point if it gets "that small" of having a "3 v 3"+2, so the same 6 people for one team could fund a full game.

If 12 people can be found, then great. If 8 people can do 4v4 or such. Point to make Teams Sizes dynamic so Squads & Solo Queue players can find games faster, with 'low pop' fitting what it can where it can, w/ or w/o bots.

(+1 bot per side for an even fit 6v6 til 2 players found for 2 Size 4 squads to get a game in under 5min)

• really, again the point to make: Flexable Team Sizes. so we can always find games 'fast.'

Thus in turn helping UNITE and Solidify the Population for Each Mode/Fleet level.

If we can fit a full set of 2 Size 4 squads on either side or 2 "3s" and 2 "4s" with 1 AI tac or DN or DD, all the better, such an actual Player is found in Queue to replace said bot such as can.

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

June 1, 2018, 12:54 p.m.

We can find games kind of fast now though, avrage vet Q time is low. regardless of time of day. I normally find one with in 3 munuets.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

June 1, 2018, 3:52 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221799) said:

We can find games kind of fast now though, avrage vet Q time is low. regardless of time of day. I normally find one with in 3 munuets.

Good to hear.

Still, there is that pesky issue of getting them Legendary games at odd hours, eh...... And the more 'Modes' that are added also per Ship Fleets, the more likely there will be a lot of "Off Hours" for Legendary fleet games ahead still, likely.

Either way, would be nice to have a "Max MM Cap" of 3 to 5 minutes kept for all modes and all fleets at all times, eh?

Here's hoping, /)'glhf

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

June 1, 2018, 4:43 p.m.

Smaller match sizes means then you could have people waiting even longer for a match if there are not enough people. So while some play others coukd be left waiting like they are now. Then once that match is over everyone ends up not getting a match because theses too many people to balance a game with out AI.

I really don't see this fixing anything at all. It's a lot of work for something that might be a thing of the past in a few months after steam launch.

June 1, 2018, 4:47 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2018, 4:49 p.m.

Add a que that is 3 v 3 only squads, no AI ever., also make it pay credits to enter. Keep the other ques as they are.

description

pegasuscommand.com

June 1, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

PegCom_Aer#0033 posted (#post-221812) said:

Add a que that is 3 v 3 only squads, no AI ever., also make it pay credits to enter. Keep the other ques as they are.

Why would anyone do that?

June 1, 2018, 6:54 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221813) said:

Well could be players only want to play vs other organized or at least squaded groups. Some don't like the random pick ups on their team. I would make it a high lev deal only and pay to play. Give it some bonus set up or maybe even some tourny rewards in time. Still I can think up tons of whys someone would use it. Still you would not want this to hurt the game at large make it some high end game type stuff.

It is a 3rd way between what is being talked about, imho. Maybe the only way to do it without really hurting the other que types.

description

pegasuscommand.com

June 1, 2018, 7:01 p.m.

PegCom_Aer#0033 posted (#post-221827) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221813) said:

Well could be players only want to play vs other organized or at least squaded groups. Some don't like the random pick ups on their team. I would make it a high lev deal only and pay to play. Give it some bonus set up or maybe even some tourny rewards in time. Still I can think up tons of whys someone would use it. Still you would not want this to hurt the game at large make it some high end game type stuff.

It is a 3rd way between what is being talked about, imho. Maybe the only way to do it without really hurting the other que types.

But we are havng custom matches with steam launch.........

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.