FORUMS

Fixing "Adrenaline Shot," and breaking Heal-Balls. [revised]

Posted: //
June 1, 2018, 3:33 p.m.

Updated //
June 2, 2018, 6:58 a.m.

Currently, it is set you only gain Energy for Healing or Being Healed such you are at less than 30% HP both. This can be tweaked to work easily:

Such That one gains back energy at a relatively 'max capped' rate, to prevent uncontrolled "Snowballing" effects.

• (1) You the Healer for Repairing a a target that has less than 20% of their HP.

or

• (2) You the Healer for Repairing a a target that has less than 40% of their HP.

or

• (3) You are Being Healed and are at less than 60% HP if a Tac/Arty, 40% as a Dreadnought or Destroyer, and 30% if a Corvette.

[fin]

In this way, the "Tank Tac" Koshie can do its job on the move as a "Jumper" or an otherwise more mobile build as it is meant to do, with Self-Sustain enough vs minor damages longer while helping others.

It also means that when you swoop down with an Oberon to save someone you can gain back what your Engines are using to then put PtW, however still keeping ''infinite max healing'' restricted, with each case and in total amounts of Energy per Second of Healing not exceeding a total capped value.

As to help break "Heal Balling" / Chain Repairing TCs issues, Have Tac 'Auto-Beams' only heal other Tacs by 30% the normal amounts or simply not be able to lock onto them if others around?

If a TC could only be Auto-Beam healed by another TC Auto-Beams for 20% to 30% their normal rate, it would greatly help to "Fix" the issue of Chain-Heal_Jerking Harwitches, while keeping the 'reimproved' AS from breaking again. Or how so to address this matter?

With "Sustained Repairs" now cut, we can by all means burn down targets. As for more extreme cases or such . . . again, the idea of "reduced healing effectiveness" the more repairing a ship gains in a fixed time amount past 5x to 10x normal max HP, with 10% reduced healing for each 1x max HP of healing done there after?

DNs could still tank though not forever if focused on which is already the case to a point. . . The other idea to be a max cap on how much healing ONE target can recieve. *(again per a period of time, past the starting burst worth X3 normal Max HP for that ship, then Normal capped healing, then a gradual fall-off from there over time.)

By such a method "Healing_Balls" do very much get checked if people are lazy vs focused effective fire but by the same time, Tacs could use AS situationally to Self Sustain.

Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

June 1, 2018, 3:47 p.m.

Note, perhaps the "Energy for Healing Gained" for DNs can be kept at 30%, and have 40% for on DDs, and perhaps 60% for all Cruisers...

In this way things are not overly broken with "Limitless Energy" on DNs? Or should it just be 40% for DNs and DDs alike? It would make it more useful to be sure on specific Hero Ships.

Also, Perhaps one might have "For Healing Done" E. Regained such at 2 steps,

• 1) For targets less than 60%, a small but moderate amount of Energy is gained, 'max cap' set on gains.

• 2) For targets less than 30% a much larger but again finite boosted regain of Energy is had, then same as 60%.

The idea being that one does not have infinite sustain for healing others as before but gains SOMETHING for it.

*What %'s and for how much E. do you think would be best?

June 1, 2018, 3:51 p.m.

Or just cap the amount of energy you get back from it, or once it's triggered and you hit max energy, you trigger an internal cool down of 60 seconds or something till it will trigger again.

Personally though, I'm glad to see the back of AS. It was way too good not to take on a healer. It also made energy management a joke on tac'

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 1, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

I don't agree with this at all, it's overly complicated for no reason when all that needs to be done is limit the energy gained so it only works every 3 seconds or so instead of constantly giving you energy.

What about TAC cruiser captains with purely offensive loadouts? How is it fair on them to receive less healing...

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

June 2, 2018, 1:30 a.m.

Dark_Incendium#2113 posted (#post-221808) said:

I don't agree with this at all, it's overly complicated for no reason when all that needs to be done is limit the energy gained so it only works every 3 seconds or so instead of constantly giving you energy.

What about TAC cruiser captains with purely offensive loadouts? How is it fair on them to receive less healing...

Effective "Simple" and Working Game Balance is not a 'Simple' thing to do,

It takes a lot of work.....

June 2, 2018, 3:25 a.m.

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221840) said:

Dark_Incendium#2113 posted (#post-221808) said:

Effective "Simple" and Working Game Balance is not a 'Simple' thing to do,

It takes a lot of work.....

I find it funny you say that as a lot of your idea are radical redesigns and you come across that the folks at yager and 6 foot and just press a magic button and everything change to your will.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 2, 2018, 3:56 a.m.

Some of us value GOOD well made games.

Some of us care about helping with the making of Well Made games as that is what we like.

June 2, 2018, 4:10 a.m.

I thought that AS was addressed in this latest update?

June 2, 2018, 4:44 a.m.

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221852) said:

Some of us care about helping with the making of Well Made games as that is what we like.

It's wonderful you are wanting to make the game better.

Your ideas might seem groundbreaking, or radical or whatever. But the reality is, many are too complicated to employ. And others cannot possibly be until there is a larger population base.

You might be more effective suggesting easy, simple changes that alter the game in significant ways, it's the little things that cause issues. Take ships needed to be addressed, and it seems like they have. My feeling is they are better balanced currently than they were prior. I fly TAC ships and I attack TAC ships, to me iit feels "right". In my opinion, they are fairly balanced.

June 2, 2018, 5:18 a.m.

HandSolo#4718 posted (#post-221856) said:

DreadgeNought#5815 posted (#post-221852) said:

It's wonderful you are wanting to make the game better.

Your ideas might seem groundbreaking, or radical or whatever. But the reality is, many are too complicated to employ. And others cannot possibly be until there is a larger population base.

You might be more effective suggesting easy, simple changes that alter the game in significant ways, it's the little things that cause issues. Take ships needed to be addressed, and it seems like they have. My feeling is they are better balanced currently than they were prior. I fly TAC ships and I attack TAC ships, to me iit feels "right". In my opinion, they are fairly balanced.

Never said these kinds of fixes or changes would be done over night, ^_<

and again by allowing for 'smaller' teams when population is low you REDUCE the time MM needs. This helps in turn to retain people while gaining more so there can be larger games sooner. (no good to only have large teams with others left out who then leave)

Still it shouldn't be "That" hard to have different team sizes for teams to fit Squads into with fitting Solos in where needed, not as the mains if not only Solos, lol... meh

Either way it's been a fun game to Play, which imo is what matters most. (when we get to play it, lol)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.