FORUMS

Counter to Vindicta?

Posted: //
June 3, 2018, 3:45 a.m.

Hello. I've been seeing so many Vindictas lately on ps4 with the matches I've been in. There is usually at least always one of them on the enemy team. I am usually in a tac in most of the battles I play unless I'm trying to get xp for a ship with OBs. I will normally see them coming most of the time but I am still always killed by them. I mark them for my team but they usually warp or have evasive manuever so it's hard to hit them. They don't take much damage before they're all over me. They use scrambler pulse to blind me and then they just pick me off with their guns or ram me to death. I try to dodge their ram if they don't scramble me but I still can't escape death. Just a few minutes ago I was in a game and I think there was 2 or 3 of them on the enemy team. I'm rambling. Anyway, I'm wondering what's a good loadout to counter the scrambler and ram? Could you recommend me loadouts that would work with each ship class just in case I see one when I'm not in a tac? It has been really really frustrating to me that I can't really defend myself from Vindictas.

June 3, 2018, 3:51 a.m.

Updated //
June 3, 2018, 3:54 a.m.

Seeing as you play tac purge beam is probably your best bet to stop it and get your team to kill it. Killing them before they get to you is the best defence really, you and your team need to keep an eye out for them.

Don't forget your shields do work while scrambled.

Other ships any form of stasis or disruption also works.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 3, 2018, 4:04 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-221892) said:

Seeing as you play tac purge beam is probably your best bet to stop it and get your team to kill it. Killing them before they get to you is the best defence really, you and your team need to keep an eye out for them.

Don't forget your shields do work while scrambled.

Other ships any form of stasis or disruption also works.

Thank you again for replying, Belial! I will definetly try out the purge beam for tacs. I'll equip some form of stasis or disruption modules on my other ships as well.

June 5, 2018, 8:36 p.m.

Hello,

I used to feel that Vindictas were practically OP rage quit machines but the key is as BB stated . You have to be aware of them and be almost hyper aggressive.

There is NO counter to being Scrambled ( no matter what anyone tells you )

Listen for that signature sound of their main guns as that can be a real tip off.

If you are in a tac and want to kill it ( I did this yesterday with a Harwich ), I had Tesla pod, repair pod, blast pulse, and auto repair. Keep your distance and keep pressure with your main beam. play possum and bait him then snare a really fun trap with your tesla pods, followed by switching to your secondary Tesla beam and release your repair pod and try to get your auto repair going at the last second so you can hopefully stay alive.

It was a very rewarding kill for sure

June 8, 2018, 3:25 p.m.

Counters to vindicta:

1. Stasis
  2. purge
  3. drain

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.