FORUMS

How to pilot the Jutland class?

Posted: //
June 4, 2018, 12:56 a.m.

Updated //
June 4, 2018, 12:57 a.m.

I recently got the Jutland as I progressed down the Jupiter Arms destroyer line. I decided to try it out and compare it to the other dreadnought lines and so far I don't really like it. It maneuvers like the engines are too small/weak to push the darn thing and its main battery is akward to use (light damage at range, rate of fire is kinda low). I can't really use the main guns at long range to advance and close the distance and at close range the secondary repeater guns work better. ANY advice/tips to make this vessel work would be nice. I prefer to not use a ship because its stats/loadout don't match my playstyle (kind of aggressive/reckless) instead of it just plain being terrible.

June 4, 2018, 1:11 a.m.

i got my jutland a couple of days ago and Im having issues with it as well. which is why I came here for tips.

supposedly what jutland mains do is they build their jutlands to be warp striking brawlers. They warp into crowds of squishy targets and slam their enemies with Broadside guns and tank everything with their shields. using the retaliator perk for jutland shields, evidently you could throw plasma every 3 seconds. im not sure about the validity of it, but ill definitely find out. they add in the Armorboost pulse to further increase their survivability. And I guess they use light missiles...

its quite important that there is a healer to back you up though...which is something im always concerned about...

description

Its a Dreadnought, Destroyer, Artillery Cruiser, and Carrier all in one. Yet we call it a Space Battleship. Surprisingly Its not the only one.

June 4, 2018, 2:02 a.m.

You don't pilot a Jutland. You warped it!

But more seriously, get as fast as you can Warp Jump IV and from then build the rest of your Jutland. A second loadout without Warp Jump IV can then be made once the match has begun when you might spawn closer to enemies in deathmatch or Onslaught.

Alternatively, in deathmatch if you have a squad and a guaranteed healer, you could slowly crawl towards the enemy since they need to get to your team.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

June 4, 2018, 2:47 a.m.

Jutlands are not your typical ship. They are designed to be played a specific way. Well I should say they shine when played a specific way.

Jutlands seem to be designed to warp in and out of battle. And cause as much chaos as they can. Once I got use to how it needed to be played it was a lot of fun.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 4, 2018, 8:22 a.m.

Jumpaland is the true name. Playing it this way can be quite fun once you have the modules unlocked, it's just unfortunate that you pretty much HAVE to play with Warp as your forth module. It's just too slow with anything else.

June 4, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

Yes, I'm not sure what the main weapon is for either. Yes this ship is super slow so I went ahead and made mine slower without the warp jump. The nice thing is I can usually sit in the middle of the map the whole game without dying (officer briefings coordinated effectively). If I receive repair support it becomes even more difficult to die. As others have stated, the real trick is getting the modules and breifings you want to make this ship effective.

Come join me @ Twitch

June 4, 2018, 10:38 a.m.

Here's a "Typical" Jutland setup...

First Modules to Get - Warp Jump IV ASAP, then go for Retaliator, then either Repeaters IV or Armor Booster Pulse IV

Modules to Use - Usually a Broadside (I prefer Ballistic Broadside, though Plasma Broadside works well too); Torpedos, Flechettes, or Light Missiles; Armor Booster Pulse; Warp Jump IV.

Officer Briefings to Use - Retaliator, Weapons 101 or Module Amper (some people use Survival Instinct), Slow & Steady, Get My Good Side

June 4, 2018, 10:39 a.m.

The warp jump is a must on the Heavy Dreadnought. Together with a broadside module it is pretty good. Retaliator and Get on my good side are important officer Briefings. You need a good medic (Got over 2k of score once), or otherwise, put up shields, warp in, and Broadside the weak ships. Use Repeater guns (Tap Q) only. Try to warp out when less then 50% Health left, or die with glory.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 4, 2018, 12:21 p.m.

Updated //
June 4, 2018, 12:21 p.m.

I have to ask though. It seems the typical build is to be a Warp striker.

But has anyone come up with one using the Starling nuke missiles or carrier craft? just curious if a longer ranged build is possible

description

Its a Dreadnought, Destroyer, Artillery Cruiser, and Carrier all in one. Yet we call it a Space Battleship. Surprisingly Its not the only one.

June 4, 2018, 12:26 p.m.

Starmonger#0239 posted (#post-221958) said:

I have to ask though. It seems the typical build is to be a Warp striker.

But has anyone come up with one using the Starling nuke missiles or carrier craft? just curious if a longer ranged build is possible

Well, a heavy Dreadnought without warp is pretty difficult. You can toy around with all other mods. A Pseudocarrier is possible.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.