FORUMS

How to pilot the Jutland class?

Posted: //
June 4, 2018, 12:43 p.m.

Starmonger#0239 posted (#post-221958) said:

I have to ask though. It seems the typical build is to be a Warp striker.

But has anyone come up with one using the Starling nuke missiles or carrier craft? just curious if a longer ranged build is possible

It's entirely possible, but in practice I've found it to be lack luster. Getting back into the battle once you die is a very tedious process, and a lot of the long ranged options have numerious counters to avoiding/mitigating the damage that I've had very little sucess trying to play them.

The other advantage to the warp in/brawler playstyle is you're the immediate target as well, so you take attention off your weaker teammates allowing them to get in secondary kills.

June 6, 2018, 5:21 a.m.

The Jutland/Monarch is my favourite ship, I'm having a blast playing it. If you stick to a certain playstyle that is.

The main battery is garbage so you have to rely on the secondary weapons, the plasma repeater. They are very viable, but their limited range forces you get up close and personal. Hence, using the Jutland as a long range damage dealer is not an option. As you need to get close to the enemy using the warp jump as the internal module is mandatory due to the speed of the Jutland or lack thereof. Even with assault thrusters the fight is over before you even get there.

Acknowledging this leads directly to the way the Jutland is meant to be played - as a hit and run striker. Warp in, deal as much damage as you can over a short period of time and warp back out. As such your primary module has to be either the plasma or the ballistic broadside. Forget about the scattergun broadside as that one is completely garbage, both in terms of range and damage.

As for the secondary and the perimeter module there are no obvious choices. Choose them to your liking, there are a number of viable modules to be used.

And then we have the Officer Briefings or OB which will alter your ship's performance dramatically. To increase your damage output using the 'Retaliator'-OB is paramount, which will shorten the module cooldowns as your shield takes damage. The 'Get My Good Side'-OB to increase your tanking ability is highly recommended as well. Additionally having your shield up longer increases your damage output even more as you take almost constant advantage of the 'Retaliator'-OB. Using the 'Module Amper'-OB is something I do not recommend. As a tank your primary role is to draw fire from your weaker allies. As such you want to have your shield up as long and as often as you can, which requires all the energy you can muster. But that requires you to spam your shield constantly which renders 'Module Amper' useless. Additionally 'Module Amper' contradicts 'Retaliator' and 'Get My Good Side' as these two OBs depend on you having your shield up.

I hope that helps you wreaking havoc with a Jutland across the battlefield.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

June 6, 2018, 10:43 p.m.

check out the Jumpland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf90OUCuQe0

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

June 6, 2018, 11:04 p.m.

slap intercepted on it with light torps armor booster and warp use the intercepters as your broadside followed up by heavy flak and always launch torps at another target due to the fact the first guy wil be destoryed in seconds

June 7, 2018, 9:58 a.m.

Starmonger#0239 posted (#post-221958) said:

I have to ask though. It seems the typical build is to be a Warp striker.

But has anyone come up with one using the Starling nuke missiles or carrier craft? just curious if a longer ranged build is possible

Before Starlings got nurfed it was quite possible to tave a back line Jutland. I use to run, starlings, Vultcher, AML and warp. I would stick with the healers. to offer support

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 7, 2018, 6:58 p.m.

June 8, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

"Tankland" is too slow to be useful , better get medium or light dread for that task. In Jutland before you get to place where you can be useful half of the battle passed.

Just warp it

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.