FORUMS

State of the Game: May Discussion Thread

Posted: //
June 6, 2018, 6:01 p.m.

Read the latest State of the Game here, then give us your thoughts and feedback!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

June 6, 2018, 7:23 p.m.

So much good news in !

AS, Lore, MM, UI.... <3

Chaîne Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/krustylow

June 6, 2018, 8 p.m.

yes indeed all of your hard work is starting to bear fruit and we appreciate it thank you. Never setteling or never being satisfied always trying to be better is by far the best policy and it shows.   upcoming lore sounds pretty cool.   I would SOoo rock some dreadnought t-shirts with just the Steel coloured logo or anything ship related. suggest hats too ( baseball style caps )

June 6, 2018, 8:33 p.m.

ok so good job it seems fantastick that you maneged to do all that I think it on its way to become a triple a game

June 6, 2018, 8:39 p.m.

but I have sugestions: 1 a forest and underground factory map 2 moar decals including a red stripe decal wich gives +1 manuvabylity rating (but wach out for copyright) 3 new game modes like a boss mode were a player gets a giant super powerful ship (make sure to downgrade the xp on the boss) and a mode were yo fight hundreds of asault ships

June 7, 2018, 9:28 a.m.

A lof the forthcoming upgrades are sounding good and it's nice to know they are taking so much player feedback into consideration.

I'd say I'm looking forward to the cosmetic upgrades, but if they continue to (over)price them as per the current cosmetic items, it won't matter

June 7, 2018, 10:18 a.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2018, 11:10 a.m.

This all looks great. Hopefully the optimization and draw distances will fix the problems with Invisible Primary Weapon Shots That Started with Version 1.10, as well as the problem with invisible torpedo salvos. I know the DN team has so far reported to be unable to reproduce these bugs in-house, but I suggest these bugs become a priority to be fixed before the Steam launch, as they are pretty game-breaking for some players; it's not fun to get up to 16.5k (20k with T5 module) damage instantly from out of nowhere.

I know Divex82 has a list of game settings of one player (Snib) whom experiences these bugs, so that's a good start, but was still unable to reproduce the bugs in-house with them. I may be pulling at straws with my noob knowledge of hardware/game performance, but I suggest the DN team try multiple computers with different hardware specifications, including computers with different numbers of cores +/- hyperthreads, as well as using public matches rather than internal test servers.

Also, to be noted that these bugs don't happen all the time; they seem to occur most often when the screen is busier (i.e., there is more action to render).

June 7, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

Lando, we definitely have machines that cover a wide range of configurations. Everything from just barely minimum spec to absolutely beast gaming rigs. Many of us play Dreadnought for fun in our free time away from work on our own PCs, which are also all over the spectrum of configurations.

We appreciate the dedication you, as other Captains, put into tracking these bugs and issues alongside us. I may be reaching out in the near future to organize some time for myself and users that have reported the invisible projectile issue to conduct test cases in hopes of gathering all necessary evidence to get a fix.

Live QA Representative

June 7, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

That's good news. As that bug is really annoying. Kind of annoying to only have hull impacts to give you direction someone is shooting at you from, but no idea where they are in that direction.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 7, 2018, 2:24 p.m.

count me in for the invisible salvo bug test runs, happens quite often in my case; not only when the screen is busy but when servers are lagging too.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.