FORUMS

Server Merge compensation.

Posted: //
June 7, 2018, 11:22 p.m.

In talking to EU players, it was brought to my attention that when our serves ( back in closed beta) got wiped ( 2 times) EU servers never got wiped at all. I dont think thats fair that EU players have that much more of an advantage over US player, That puts them months ahead of the US server playerbase, i think its worth a discussion seeing how we are all on the same server now.

June 8, 2018, 3:26 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2018, 4:46 a.m.

I don't understand this argument. The game isn't Americans vs Europeans, it's teams vs teams (that with the rare squadding on the PS4 will be fairly mixed with the regions), or every player for himself, depending on each one's approach. Also, as far as I know it weren't the players on the NA servers that had to wait several hours more before the game could be played again after the merge and had to struggle with connection issues or getting blue screened out of the game.

Back then might have been the time to ask for a compansation, not because of disadvantages over other communities but due to lost progress, server wipes aren't nice for a player but in early phases of a game like this they are to be expected.

And according to psnprofiles the North American player base has a higher ratio of players that already have a Tier V ship, and a higher ratio of players that already have played 1000 matches, so it's not like you are behind on average anyway.

June 8, 2018, 7:23 a.m.

Oh look, amerigun playing with 0 latency vs people with 300ms ping suddenly discovered those people may have an unfair advantage over him.

You should write to your congressman about it, maybe they will impose tariffs on thier datastream so their ping becomes 500ms

June 8, 2018, 10:59 a.m.

Calamity#2003 posted (#post-222096) said:

In talking to EU players, it was brought to my attention that when our serves ( back in closed beta) got wiped ( 2 times) EU servers never got wiped at all. I dont think thats fair that EU players have that much more of an advantage over US player, That puts them months ahead of the US server playerbase, i think its worth a discussion seeing how we are all on the same server now.

There were weekly wipes during PS4 closed beta because we were specifically testing portions of the game and needed new data for each test. I do not recall our EU servers being given special treatment or being skipped over during this, but we invited waves and waves of new players every week so some beta testers experienced more wipes than others.

Irregardless, when making the transition into Open Beta our last account wipe was for both regions equally. Everyone started at the same progress at the same time. There should be no progression advantage between regions and we have, to the best of our ability, treated each region equally during downtimes and maintenances.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

June 12, 2018, 1:06 p.m.

the lag agains americans is a funkiller. hitting them with artellerie is only possible if the are not moving. i want the merge undone or that issue solved.

June 13, 2018, 6:39 a.m.

Ska-boo#2971 posted (#post-222104) said:

Oh look, amerigun playing with 0 latency vs people with 300ms ping suddenly discovered those people may have an unfair advantage over him.

You should write to your congressman about it, maybe they will impose tariffs on thier datastream so their ping becomes 500ms

Calamity is Canadian, and it sounds like someone is a little worked up over politics. Turn off the TV, read a book, spend some time with your family. It sounds like both DN and politics are a bit of a source of negativity in your life, I'd recommend a break from both. Life is too short my friend.

On a side note, there seemed to be no issues in regards to NA vs EU servers back in Closed Beta latency wise. The introduction of Aim Assist (after server seperation) did screw things up however. It's been quite a while since I've played, but I'd imagine AA is still an unpleasant fact of life for everyone.

"I'm not grown up. Or I'm too grown up now, I think I just killed someone" -BMO

June 14, 2018, 5:03 p.m.

Compensation. Not really a lot to say to that except, lolz

Mark the Alien was somewhat perplexed...........

description

He had apparently let the batteries run low on his Acme Decloaking™ key chain gizmo & was not having a "good" day.

Closed