FORUMS

Tactical Cruisers under Heavy Fire

Posted: //
June 8, 2018, 2:30 p.m.

I know that the developers have been trying to fix the heal ball lately, but I honestly (from what I have experienced) do not think that adrenaline shot is the problem. Though I do not experience this often, I had a particular situation recently where an Oberon tactical cruiser (one of the lower health ships in the game) was sandwiched between two dreadnoughts, being bombarded by heavy fire, while somehow not being instantly destroyed thanks to the help of another nearby tactical cruiser. If we focused fire on the other tac, they would just switch roles, meaning we were left in a situation that we could not combat. From my point of view, two support classes (in any game, not just Dreadnought) should not be powerful enough to beat out two heavy hitters. Again, I understand that this kind of thing gets complained about a lot, but I personaly feel as though we might not be looking in the right direction, and I would suggest that tactical cruisers maybe not be able to heal other tactical cruisers as efficiently or maybe even not at all. Any opinions?

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 8, 2018, 3:56 p.m.

In hockey, you can substitute a goalie out for another player on the ice. And here you can change to a different ship to combat the changing environment. Two artillery cruisers can mop up the tac players then refocus on non-healing targets. Alternately, no one likes a Dreadnought or Corvette flanking their op. You can also back away from the healing group and pick off ships that are pushing ahead of support. The environment is fluid enough that practically any set of conditions will obtain, and I don't think that a healing ball can't be beaten.

June 8, 2018, 5:10 p.m.

I would not consider 2 tacs not being "instantly" destroyed by 2 dreads to be unbalanced. If you mention what modules you were using, people could offer suggestions for killing tacs (Tartarus missile being one that comes to mind).

I also would not consider dreads to be the heavy hitters in this game; artys, corvettes, and destroyers get that honor.

As frustrating as not being able to easily kill 2 tacs is in this game, making them free kills to anyone who shoots at them isn't the right approach. You need to use the right counters and out play them. That is when the game is balanced.

June 8, 2018, 7:36 p.m.

um maybe only slightly reducing it because ive hade thecsame problem but dont make them the weakest class in the game

June 8, 2018, 8:05 p.m.

Ok looking back maybe I should clarify a few things- I don't mean that the tacs should have been instantly destroyed, but they were, as a support class, able to sustain high levels of damage for an extended period of time (Im talking about twenty seconds) not because of their health pool, but because of their healing ability. In short I feel as though support classes should not keep allies alive under fire, but rather make them outlast the opponent. I have also had moments were (and I play artillery, I was not one of the dreads) my artillery fire would be healed back up before I could land a second hit.

June 9, 2018, 3:06 a.m.

How to kill tac's 101.

first get really close to them. Then hit them with a drain, disrupt or purge. then hit them with spike damage for instance storm missiles and flak on a destroyer, a PBS/BBS light torpedos and repeters/flak with a dread, torp salvo and main guns with a corvette.

These are some of the ways to do it alone. if people play as a team, it will be even easier.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 9, 2018, 6:51 a.m.

That is just the problem though, is that people don't always work on teams. No matter what people say, there is always that one guy that just decides to go against the flow.

But yes, I do agree what people are saying about balance and how to "beat" tactical cruisers, and I do feel as though my situation is a one-time thing, I just don't want it to become more than that, and it appears as though many people have had the same problem already. And back to nitpicking, what you suggest about how to beat tacs does not always work even in situations where it should- again, my concern is not whether or not tacs should survive an assault, but it should take more skill than relying on another tac and standing still. As far as I can tell, the game was designed for tac gameplay to involve terrain and hiding, not standing out in the open. The jutland, for example, is able to tank damage because it is designed by the developers with a large health pool, tacs are not. Thank you everyone for your opinions by the way, it is really helping to uncover things that are and are not issues.

June 9, 2018, 7:36 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-222137) said:

That is just the problem though, is that people don't always work on teams. No matter what people say, there is always that one guy that just decides to go against the flow.

But yes, I do agree what people are saying about balance and how to "beat" tactical cruisers, and I do feel as though my situation is a one-time thing, I just don't want it to become more than that, and it appears as though many people have had the same problem already. And back to nitpicking, what you suggest about how to beat tacs does not always work even in situations where it should- again, my concern is not whether or not tacs should survive an assault, but it should take more skill than relying on another tac and standing still. As far as I can tell, the game was designed for tac gameplay to involve terrain and hiding, not standing out in the open. The jutland, for example, is able to tank damage because it is designed by the developers with a large health pool, tacs are not. Thank you everyone for your opinions by the way, it is really helping to uncover things that are and are not issues.

Thats just it. If you don't play as a team, you can't expect beat people playing as a team. Beating any ship is about timing. if you don't time your attack you won't win.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 9, 2018, 11:17 a.m.

I dont think 2 tacs can stand against 2 dreads very long in close quarters. If you were trying to fight them mid-long range you were just doing wrong anyways. That AS nerf did hit tacs hard imo, i dont think they need to be nerfed any more. Also, healing as a whole is being reworked right now, lets wait for these changes for now.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

June 9, 2018, 1:17 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-222135) said:

How to kill tac's 101.

first get really close to them. Then hit them with a drain, disrupt or purge. then hit them with spike damage for instance storm missiles and flak on a destroyer, a PBS/BBS light torpedos and repeters/flak with a dread, torp salvo and main guns with a corvette.

These are some of the ways to do it alone. if people play as a team, it will be even easier.

This, exactly this. I use destroyers with jump, storms and drain. Works amazingly well.

In my opinion, TAC ships are balanced about as good as they possibly can currently. I fly both TAC ships and other ships. For every ship, in my opinion, there is an effective counter that some other ship can employ to good effect. You just need to find the right ship/fit.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.