x

Posted: //
June 17, 2018, 8:44 p.m.

Updated //
June 21, 2018, 11:09 p.m.

x

June 17, 2018, 9:28 p.m.

The game may throw in a bot or another player may be picked up from the queue, but there are times where neither happens.

June 18, 2018, 2:17 a.m.

As said above.

It is my understanding that if the game can not find a player to fill the space an AI ship is placed in. Now that could take a few minutes, meaning the team you were on will be down a player for long enough that there is no possibility of turning the game around.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 19, 2018, 11:44 a.m.

Rolfator#8970 posted (#post-222342) said:

If the matchmaker has failed miserably ie 20 vs 150 in first to 300 and you quit you then get replaced a bot, correct? It's no longer a 'game' so no sense in staying around. I just want to confirm the players on my team who chose to remain aren't short handed.

Believe it or not, it is not impossible to overcome those odds in this game. In fact some of the most fun I have had has been turning a game like that around and leaving with a win.

I would suggest staying around for every game, because the best way to get better at something is to face those odds with your best effort. Sometimes games like that happen. Plus you get XP and Credits if you stay (and possibly get some friend invites tossed around so you can group up!)

Finally, you do leave your team short-handed by leaving. Period. Either a bot fills the spot, or (when it works) a player that gets thrown into the middle of the fray without knowing what type of gamemode it is, without a way to plan what ship they want to fly against enemies by just appearing in Ship#1, and spawning on a losing team in the middle of a game they had no hand in molding.

Do not go gentle into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light. -Dylan Thomas

June 19, 2018, 1:09 p.m.

Club This!

June 20, 2018, 10:04 p.m.

Updated //
June 21, 2018, 11:10 p.m.

x

June 21, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

Updated //
June 21, 2018, 11:50 a.m.

LYB-Willis#7205 posted (#post-222394) said:

Rolfator#8970 posted (#post-222342) said:

If the matchmaker has failed miserably ie 20 vs 150 in first to 300 and you quit you then get replaced a bot, correct? It's no longer a 'game' so no sense in staying around. I just want to confirm the players on my team who chose to remain aren't short handed.

Believe it or not, it is not impossible to overcome those odds in this game. In fact some of the most fun I have had has been turning a game like that around and leaving with a win.

I would suggest staying around for every game, because the best way to get better at something is to face those odds with your best effort. Sometimes games like that happen. Plus you get XP and Credits if you stay (and possibly get some friend invites tossed around so you can group up!)

Finally, you do leave your team short-handed by leaving. Period. Either a bot fills the spot, or (when it works) a player that gets thrown into the middle of the fray without knowing what type of gamemode it is, without a way to plan what ship they want to fly against enemies by just appearing in Ship#1, and spawning on a losing team in the middle of a game they had no hand in molding.

Do not go gentle into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light. -Dylan Thomas

This is spot on!

One of the best feelings in-game is to find yourself in a tough predicament, like losing a teammate or two, and actually go out with a win. If you think about it, say you're playing a Team Deathmatch game, it's one or two less people to die on your team.

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

June 23, 2018, 11:21 p.m.

Updated //
June 23, 2018, 11:21 p.m.

x

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.