FORUMS

Unfair game caused by squads

Posted: //
June 23, 2018, 11:35 a.m.

It's usually an unfair battle as there is a professional squad in one team and none in another. The squad members can talk to each other to coorperate closely and to select ships with proper combination of models to fight. This will give them a huge advantage than other single player. So it's always a crashing fight by one team during any types of battles. Regarding the experience of most single players, in order to help them enjoy a wonderful battle with both losses and wins, the squads should be banned. Or at least, give a restriction in the matchmaking to the squads. There should be squads in both teams to balance the battle. If there is only one squad waiting in the matching, it shall never be added in any match until another squad join in, or it dismisses itself.

June 23, 2018, 12:06 p.m.

What would you expect from a multiplayer teamplay pvp game? Get your own squad, learn to play against skilled enemies. If you want it casual - just play singleplayer.

June 23, 2018, 3:25 p.m.

Not everyone can just "squad up" on command. Even if you do have friends that like to play the game as much as you do, they might be busy when you are free and vise-versa.

If you ask me, there should be a system like in (I think) Rocket League, where squading teams can only join games if another squad is on the other team, and limit each team to only one four-player squad. As of right now, the playerbase is good- but not good enough to impliment squad-only matches. Hopefuly something like this shows up in the future. As a side note, this has also been mentioned on the last livestream, so the developers are aware of the discrepancy between hardcore and casual players.

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 23, 2018, 3:36 p.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-222575) said:

Not everyone can just "squad up" on command. Even if you do have friends that like to play the game as much as you do, they might be busy when you are free and vise-versa.

If you ask me, there should be a system like in (I think) Rocket League, where squading teams can only join games if another squad is on the other team, and limit each team to only one four-player squad. As of right now, the playerbase is good- but not good enough to impliment squad-only matches. Hopefuly something like this shows up in the future. As a side note, this has also been mentioned on the last livestream, so the developers are aware of the discrepancy between hardcore and casual players.

Pretty much nailed it. Although dont bother arguing with Lilith; she hasnt been able to grasp the concept of people not wanting to join squads...

June 23, 2018, 3:56 p.m.

Updated //
June 23, 2018, 3:57 p.m.

The problem with the MM is that it will grab any squad and put it against any other squad. So You could have a max level squad on one side and 2 friends in T3's on the other.

Squads are not the problem, MM is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 23, 2018, 4:40 p.m.

Most of the the time I am solo queued and I am far from a casual player. That's just the way it has worked out for me even though I never refuse a squad invite and put my own outward. Much like @hypervolt has said comes down to timing amungst players. Now on the flip side of that I know some players that absolutly 100% will not play unless in a squad for a couple of reasons. First is to take advantage of the current matchmaker. Second is saftey in numbers ( got a buddy watching your back ) so the whole squad can then get better scores and proggress faster as a result. Third is to have or protect their stat figures. The stats are on a coplete different level between a solo vs. a squaded plasyer. And let's not foget the ever popular they have to squad because they have made so many people salty if they were to go solo they would have such a huge target on their back. To further this last point it's the kind a player that has say 1- 1/2 to 2 years in this game and just stays in the vet queue when clearly capible of being in legondary witch also adds to a lot of unneeded and unwanted bullcrap to an allready less than ideal matchmacking system. ( last part may be a topic for another thread or a start of one anyway )

June 24, 2018, 4:18 p.m.

Lilith#8091 posted (#post-222573) said:

What would you expect from a multiplayer teamplay pvp game? Get your own squad, learn to play against skilled enemies. If you want it casual - just play singleplayer.

Wrong way to look at it, if you enjoy this game and want to see it continue and grow then you should want the largest player base available. Pre-made groups should be put against pre-made groups, if there is nothing after 5 minutes then put that team up against a PUG and enjoy your free win. But when single players are routinely destroyed by Pre-Made groups then I can promise you they will leave and not come back and there goes your player base and in the end the game… they have already merged Europe players with US players I believe because of the lack of players.

June 24, 2018, 6:21 p.m.

There's nothing wrong with the players who play teamplay-based game as a team. Basically, this is an evolution of online gaming, and is logically rewarded by comfortable gameplay and good results.

It's both good for keeping skilled players in game and motivating weaker ones to get better.

It's also nothing bad if you don't like the way it is. Online games are not meant for EVERYONE. The one fact that DN didn't changed anything in squad machmaking past 2+ years suggests to overthink your relationship with squad gameplay.

June 24, 2018, 7:30 p.m.

UNFAIR GAME CAUSED BY SQUADS?????

I play on PS4 and yes the MM seems to have this "put stacked squads against as many T III's as possible" thing going on

But Unfair it is not

I lone wolf and casual play all the time.

If you have a MIC and the other players have EARS, then guess what? You can do everyting these squadded players do.

Nobody wants to talk? Well that's fine, but don't complain because it is not unfair and just because you see 3 level 50's on the other side does not mean that you are going to lose or get stomped.

So here is the score: Lilith is 100% correct BBelial is 100% correct Hotrods is 100% correct Hypervolt is WRONG and SkyRaider is not helping

You mr Tyrian are wrong but because the MM is against you, your frustration is complely understandable. So stop crying and MIC up.

June 24, 2018, 7:37 p.m.

hotrods_n_harleys#3566 posted (#post-222579) said:

To further this last point it's the kind a player that has say 1- 1/2 to 2 years in this game and just stays in the vet queue when clearly capible of being in legondary witch also adds to a lot of unneeded and unwanted bullcrap to an allready less than ideal matchmacking system. ( last part may be a topic for another thread or a start of one anyway )

• I have been seeing this recently too. Some players that are very very tough in Veteran I never see in Legendary and I am starting to think it's because they like the advantage they have against lower tier players. This is something that is difficult to prove but I usually bounce between Vet and legendary ( because of the battle bonus) and I'm pretty good with remembering who I'm seeing in each match.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.