FORUMS

Corvette ruin the game

Posted: //
June 24, 2018, 2:14 p.m.

Updated //
June 25, 2018, 10:48 p.m.

Corvettes are ruining the game not because of the concept of their design but because your servers can not handle the ship design. I am seeing a lot of rubber banding more and more, it seems like the more speed you give this ships the more they bounce back and forth. I see this only with the Dover/Machias/Valcour/Fulgora/Medusa and the destroyer Vindicta, if these builds are using all the speed buffs. This gives those players a huge and unfair advantage as you will not ever be able to shoot them down and these players know this and its why they use them all the time. They are so brazen about it that now I am even seeing these ships fly right up to a dreadnought not even trying to dodge shots and it looks like there taking full broadsides along with what ever your are shooting at them and I would say only about 30% of what you fire at them may be hitting?

Its absolute garbage and yes I flew around a Fulgora and medusa and I would get so much hate mails saying I’m cheating because I cant be hit… guess where these players are now??? Nope not in your game, they went some place else honestly you don’t need corvettes in this game for it to be successful and honestly you will lose trash players.

If you insist on keeping this type of ship in your game at least put in the ability to play in matches where these ships can be omitted from being used. I would gladly que up and wait 20 minutes for a match with out this not over powered but broken class.

For those who say you just have to know how to counter them… don’t waste your time. Something is wrong with these ships, just in the last match I played in a Fulgora flew right at my dreadnought and I didn’t even need to use the useless tractor beam on him because he flew straight at me and parked right next to my Lorica. I hit him with broad side as well as repeater fire and another ship was firing on him as well with a Dola all close range… this guy only lost 50% health before he killed me and then just flew away. I see this so much with Corvettes listed above I wont spend any more money on anything and really don’t want to play anymore.. its soo bad that if I see the other side flying them I just drop out of the match right away and look for another, got this idea from other players in game.

June 24, 2018, 2:25 p.m.

Welcome to Dreadnought, unfortunately this game is full of bugs, glitches, errors and bad programming at least on PS4 anyway i don' speak for PC players. There are a few balancing issues on this game at the moment, well there always have been problems and a lot of the frequent forum users refuse to acknowledge them or outright deny them.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

June 24, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

Sounds like a corvette with kinetic armor amp. The more you shoot it the more damage it will do back. Add in OB's and corvettes can be a handful as for rubberbanding, I can only speak for my self on PC, 90% of the time rubberbanding is down to connection.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 24, 2018, 3:02 p.m.

From what I understand, this is being optimized:

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/state-game-may/

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 24, 2018, 4:11 p.m.

Balance will always be in the eye of the beholder i guess but I have always hated how corvetts work in this game, I really wish they would create a check box to look for matches with selected classes. Best fights I have been in are with no corvetts, its almost like a grief class for players who want to be an A-Hole

June 24, 2018, 5:20 p.m.

Corvettes are not OP, no Vette nerfs needed.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

June 24, 2018, 5:52 p.m.

If it is a game mechanic then at some point I would hope the issue is addressed - but I would ask the developers please do not screw with a particular ship type in game because of 'personal feelings' rather than fact/evidence.

In World of Warships I enjoyed playing the Destroyers (Corvettes in this game), but more and more they were nerfed because of constant complaints. Many people could not take a small ship played with skill, beating a bigger ship. The Destroyers are now the worst for causing damage and worst for survival on the NA, EU and Asia servers; there is no effort to keep balance in that game and that is why I left.

Strangely, I find I have the most difficult time in this game playing the Corvettes. Also, when I play the other ships I find those Corvettes a complete pain in the rear - but I would hate to see them screwed with just because of a 'I don't like' mentality. If I'm honest, most of the time I am caught out by a Corvette, it's because I've not kept my eye on the minimap and ended up away from the rest of the team = easy pickings.

I'm new to the game and I'm sure there may be times where a ship (or ship type) may perform better than others. Let the developers review the stats and make the changes needed - don't start asking to remove one of the ship types that makes the game what it is and provides choice to the players. O7

June 24, 2018, 5:56 p.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2018, 6:01 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-222607) said:

Corvettes are not OP, no Vette nerfs needed.

USE YOUR EYES and READ, do not assume

The OP DID NOT say that Corvettes are OP

The OP DID NOT say a Nerf was needed

He said they ruin the game. This is mostly due to the fact that because of their speed, hitbox, and ping, Corvettes are very difficult to get shots on.

This is true.

If you don't think so, they you will when I shove my Corvette up your @$$

"EDIT " Goddamit OP, you do say that the Corvetts are OP.....I'm the one that KANT READ....well my fangs shall find you anyway you stupid old and crapp retro version of the Enterprise

June 24, 2018, 6:22 p.m.

corvettes are the class that some people are really good at or reeeeeeeeeally bad at. I rarely see an ok corvette. The best way to take them out is with destroyers.

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 24, 2018, 6:45 p.m.

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-222592) said:

If you insist on keeping this type of ship in your game at least put in the ability to play in matches where these ships can be omitted from being used. I would gladly que up and wait 20 minutes for a match with out this over powered broken.

• I have actually thought about how cool a mode like this would be. No annoying Corvettes that you can't hit.

but I have to go with Enterprise on this one, Corvettes aren't exactly OP, they are very strong but they can be countered.

I've kinda turned to the dark side and play Corvette a lot. From my experience what you say is ( mostly ) true.

I will still get killed if I play recklessly but most of the time I end up with a high KDR.

A very strange thing I noticed is that the modules available to the Corvette are very useful. Rarely ( if ever ) do you need to gimp your Corvette build for a situation. You can equip the modules that you prefer and most like to use.

For Dreadnoughts and most other ships this is not true because you need modules to help deal with specific threats ( namely Corvettes and healer tacs )

I would not call for a nerf, I think certain modules on the other ships need a buff. For example the tractor beam on the dread is PATHETIC against Corvettes. It is so easy to escape. But if this module was stronger and also either drained energy or HP from the ship it might be more useful. ( Hmm what about "Purge" and "Drain" versions of the Tractor beam? )

I also feel this way about the Tartarus Nuke because Broadsides are where it's at on the Dreadnought. Why would I want to remove the coolest and most iconic weapon the Dreadnought has? The Tartarus Nuke is situational ( maybe Im wrong about this?) I think there are some modules like Tartarus where you should be able to equip it in the 2nd slot.

So I ultimatley think some buffs to certain modules and maybe the ability to move some modules to other slots would help balance out the problem

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.