FORUMS


The leavers



Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 4:29 a.m.



or add an option for players to queue "no squad"


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 4:45 a.m.



z9q6g7w#6829 posted (#post-222911) said:

or add an option for players to queue "no squad"

No game wants to split the player base more than it has to.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 11:14 a.m.



Splitting the player base just right is an art really. It's what any game needs to do to provide a semblence of fair gameplay in a multiplayer environment. Too much and game que rates slow down, too little and in that free for all you get what many refer to as "death squads" or "pub stomps" etc... At this point, I see the game being hampered by a MM tuned to pre-summer population levels where, in the interest of que times, anything goes basically.

What I'd like to have seen, for this summer, is over a certain population threshold the ques matching squads against squads with solo que people filling in the gaps. Sadly they've missed their window I'm afraid, an opportunity missed.

To be clear, again. I have no issues with long time player groups squading up. Teamwork has a heavy hand in this game in regards to enjoyment.

What I am saying is, for many, that playing against unmatched squads of max rank players in maxed out T4's farming veteran matches... isn't fun in MOST cases. We can debate fringe and possibility cases all day. I'm mainly speaking in regards to ques and that necessitates speaking in terms of a general majority. If they can get a hand on that, they've got a REALLY strong game here. But I think the entire issue is hampered by the same issue that's plagued development since the start... it's glacial when it comes to dealing with some clutch long standing issues.


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 3:59 p.m.



Just had a team nearly full of Triple X, with my team having only me and one other. Now I'll try to finish a match no matter what, but that doesn' change the fact that such uneven matches are terribly un-fun to play. Yes, the greater is the pride when against the odds you do win, but that's only one in way too many. Fix MM and you'll fix 80/90% of this issue


-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-


Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 1:16 a.m.



If you don’t like when people quit out then form your own group of people who wont quit out. If I get placed in a match where one side is losing buy a huge margin then I just jump right back out and look for a fresh match. If I get in to a match and suddenly the other team starts flying a bunch of corvettes or artillery cruisers or people on my team starts screaming and cursing I leave. I play this game to be entertained and I really couldn’t care less if I win or lose, I’m looking for fun fights… developers pay attention here… I play to be entertained and will spend money on game that entertain me just like most people. If I am not entertained or frustrated enough I wont spend money and eventually leave.

You want to penalize me for leaving a match? Save your self the time and money programing that feature in the game and just send me a personal email telling me I’m not welcome in your game and I will gladly never log back in again… you want to grow your player base, put functions in match making to create the entertaining environment people are looking for and they will be less likely to quit out.


Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 3:03 a.m.



Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-222974) said:

If you don’t like when people quit out then form your own group of people who wont quit out. If I get placed in a match where one side is losing buy a huge margin then I just jump right back out and look for a fresh match. If I get in to a match and suddenly the other team starts flying a bunch of corvettes or artillery cruisers or people on my team starts screaming and cursing I leave. I play this game to be entertained and I really couldn’t care less if I win or lose, I’m looking for fun fights… developers pay attention here… I play to be entertained and will spend money on game that entertain me just like most people. If I am not entertained or frustrated enough I wont spend money and eventually leave.

You want to penalize me for leaving a match? Save your self the time and money programing that feature in the game and just send me a personal email telling me I’m not welcome in your game and I will gladly never log back in again… you want to grow your player base, put functions in match making to create the entertaining environment people are looking for and they will be less likely to quit out.

People find entertainment in playing. I've been in matches that yeah have been onesidead slaughters. I complained because I want fair matches. It's up to me to find my own entertainment. If I don't find a game fun/entertainingI don't play it. I can't exspect games to change because I dislike the game design. Nor should I waste other people's time or cost them there fun.

People need to remember dropping from a match because they are losing/dont find the match fun can and will spoile the game for the other 7-15 players.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 3:19 a.m.



Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-222974) said:

If you don’t like when people quit out then form your own group of people who wont quit out. If I get placed in a match where one side is losing buy a huge margin then I just jump right back out and look for a fresh match. If I get in to a match and suddenly the other team starts flying a bunch of corvettes or artillery cruisers or people on my team starts screaming and cursing I leave. I play this game to be entertained and I really couldn’t care less if I win or lose, I’m looking for fun fights… developers pay attention here… I play to be entertained and will spend money on game that entertain me just like most people. If I am not entertained or frustrated enough I wont spend money and eventually leave.

You want to penalize me for leaving a match? Save your self the time and money programing that feature in the game and just send me a personal email telling me I’m not welcome in your game and I will gladly never log back in again… you want to grow your player base, put functions in match making to create the entertaining environment people are looking for and they will be less likely to quit out.

Hi Insidious,

I'd be surprised if the majority of players aren't playing for the enjoyment of the game, but that is the point. The playerbase is the community and hopefully each of us want the game and community to thrive; part of that positive ethos is being respectful and considerate to your fellow player. Now before you think I'm advocating linking hands and singing 'Kumbaya My Lord', I'll state now that if you are on the enemy side I will try my best to vaporise you! It's just taking that time to remember you're part of a team and if it happens to be the case that the odds are against you - then do your best as a team, and congratulate the winners. You can mention the MM was a little unkind to you, but if you whine away about it you will likely just alienate your opposition, congratulate them and say you think the MM was a bit rough and they will probably agree - but 'most' in that game, on both sides, will probably come away with a positive attitude.

I'm not into penalizing someone just because they've decided to leave a game. The best way I can put it is, if you think your time is better spent by looking for another game, then who am I to say it isn't? I'd just prefer that we have something along the lines of community agreement in the fact the MM could be better, rather than threads like this about 'Leavers', where the community becomes negative about elements of the playerbase. O7


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 4:16 a.m.



You see this is why the game population is so very low and why match making is absolutely vital to the health of THIS game. I am not here for any of you, don’t know any of you and don’t really want to know any of you. I have a few hour a week that I can sit and play a game to relax after all my travels. I have enough time to spend leveling up a few ships but apparently not enough time to level them all up and unlock all the mods I need to be viable most matches. So to enjoy my self I need to play with those similar types of folks so its entertainment not only for them but for my self as well.

When I get in to a match that clearly I don’t belong in because I don’t have the ships for that current match up or unlocked enough mods to at least be viable.. My limited game time is important to me, I’m sure you all could care less about that and I don’t expect any of you to care about my game time so I sort of have to take matters in to my own hands and in this case if a match is going really bad I am better off looking for a new match and hopping it will be with similar players. I don’t care about winning or loosing but love those fights where it comes down to the wire. Here is an example, I get in a match with a bunch of corvettes and they are chain scrambling everyone, just as soon as I spawn in I’m blinded until killed adn this was repeated through the whole match. Not one person on our team could get a kill only the other team scored. Why I stuck around for all that I really don’t know and should have just left.. by the way my team already started with two AI units while the other was a full team. At the end the other team was laughing about what a slaughter it was… oh yea fun times eh?

So when match making has a limited effort put in to it by developers you really cant expect the players to take it as seriously as you may want them to. Sure I would rather stay in the whole match because that means I was enjoying my self and the game play but if it’s a bad match up I will leave and look for a match that is more entertaining for me because in the end that’s all I am here for… to be entertained and if entertained enough Ill spend money to support it. Try to punish me and others?? You will only diminish an already limited player pool and discourage any new players who manage to stumble on to this game.

The key is to have match making put players or help players find environtments they find entertaining.


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 6 a.m.


Updated //
July 4, 2018, 6:02 a.m.

Insidious_Wheat#1950 posted (#post-223033) said:

You see this is why the game population is so very low and why match making is absolutely vital to the health of THIS game. I am not here for any of you, don’t know any of you and don’t really want to know any of you. I have a few hour a week that I can sit and play a game to relax after all my travels. I have enough time to spend leveling up a few ships but apparently not enough time to level them all up and unlock all the mods I need to be viable most matches. So to enjoy my self I need to play with those similar types of folks so its entertainment not only for them but for my self as well.

When I get in to a match that clearly I don’t belong in because I don’t have the ships for that current match up or unlocked enough mods to at least be viable.. My limited game time is important to me, I’m sure you all could care less about that and I don’t expect any of you to care about my game time so I sort of have to take matters in to my own hands and in this case if a match is going really bad I am better off looking for a new match and hopping it will be with similar players. I don’t care about winning or loosing but love those fights where it comes down to the wire. Here is an example, I get in a match with a bunch of corvettes and they are chain scrambling everyone, just as soon as I spawn in I’m blinded until killed adn this was repeated through the whole match. Not one person on our team could get a kill only the other team scored. Why I stuck around for all that I really don’t know and should have just left.. by the way my team already started with two AI units while the other was a full team. At the end the other team was laughing about what a slaughter it was… oh yea fun times eh?

So when match making has a limited effort put in to it by developers you really cant expect the players to take it as seriously as you may want them to. Sure I would rather stay in the whole match because that means I was enjoying my self and the game play but if it’s a bad match up I will leave and look for a match that is more entertaining for me because in the end that’s all I am here for… to be entertained and if entertained enough Ill spend money to support it. Try to punish me and others?? You will only diminish an already limited player pool and discourage any new players who manage to stumble on to this game.

The key is to have match making put players or help players find environtments they find entertaining.

No MM can not account for a persons personal idea of fair or fun. Both are abstract concepts that mean different things to different people.

there are different enviroments in this game already, we have 3 divisions, and proving grounds, if you are finding matches not to your liking, maybe stick to proving grounds that way, you can have fun by your self, and not have an affect on anyone elses fun.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 10:41 a.m.


Updated //
July 4, 2018, 11:01 a.m.

carlm21#6017 posted (#post-223037) said:

i just started playing and i am loving it. There is no reason to leave

Wait until you get to veteran and legendary where theres 3 level 50 squad on the other team, your team is all lower ranked, has two bots and the squad spawn camp and kill you within 30 seconds and you litterally cant do anything. This has happened 3 times within the last day for me


This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.