FORUMS

'Introducing Retrofits' Discussion Thread

Posted: //
June 29, 2018, 11:51 a.m.

Read the article here and tell us your thoughts!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

June 29, 2018, 12:08 p.m.

I really like the idea of more parts for ships for aestehtic customization. That said, if these retrofits are priced with the same model as the coatings, as in way too pricey, they will matter as little as the coatings and be bought as just as much.

June 29, 2018, 12:57 p.m.

Looks really cool. But I'll not unleash the hype train till I see the price, and the Jutland parts.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 29, 2018, 12:59 p.m.

I absolutely love this. I always thought it was strange that the ships you unlock at around T3 and up could only have such a small amount of customization to them, since they don't have T1-T3 parts you can use. This fixes that perfectly, in my opinion! I do agree though, it would be nice if they didn't cost 500cp a piece. Maybe 100-200.

I am huge into customization so I might be bias (I'm that one person that spends three hours getting the cheekbones just right in Elite Dangerous ), but this might be one of the best ideas you guys have come up with in a while in terms of cosmetics.

Im assuming that it won't affect the ship's hitbox?

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 29, 2018, 3:06 p.m.

I have been waiting for more ship customization options for the past 2 years. I look forward to seeing the options for my Nox.

DPT

June 29, 2018, 4:13 p.m.

Customization is great - expensive customization is useless!

Can't make money if you price too high; I wonder which direction Greybox will choose?

June 29, 2018, 4:40 p.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-222797) said:

Customization is great - expensive customization is useless!

Can't make money if you price too high; I wonder which direction Greybox will choose?

I'd imagine they won't be any more expensive than coatings, and I see more people with coatings than without. I've had over 2,000gp in my account and have never spent a penny on the game.

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

June 29, 2018, 5:20 p.m.

Updated //
June 29, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-222779) said:

Im assuming that it won't affect the ship's hitbox?

Ship geometry cosmetics (whether you got them from Hero Ships, ships unlocked in the progression, or the newly announced Retrofits) do not affect the base ship class' hit box or gameplay

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

June 29, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

Thank you! This is a big improvement.

Please keep the pricing reasonable. This is something I'm 100% happy to spend money on.

For long range planning, customizable hangars?

June 29, 2018, 6:28 p.m.

Customizable hangar was teased about in a stream a few weeks ago (no pics, it has just been talked about).

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.