FORUMS


Get rid of corvets.



Posted: //
July 1, 2018, 9:50 p.m.



The game is literaly named dreadnought so why the heck is there corvets, and why are they so powerful. The smallest player flown ship should be the tactical cruiser.


Posted: //
July 1, 2018, 10:59 p.m.



I hear you

I admire your passion and your hatred

I urge you to search "Corvette-nought" or even "Corvettenought" you will see the replies I get, the deaf ears, the lame advice they give.

HOWEVER - The key to defeating this enemy is becoming it. You are going to need the "Get my good side" Officer briefing. This means you WILL need to play the Machias Corvette. Play the pooop out of this ship, learn how everyone responds to you and attacks you. What kills you and what does not.

The PLasma Broadsides will help but you will also need the "Module Amper" Officer briefing as well. ( Unlocked with the Blud destroyer )

A word of warning though, you may find that after playing the Corvette you may start to like the fact that you cannot die and that you embarrass all Dreadnoughts all of the time.

You may end up joining the darkside like me, and when you do your sole mission will be to make them regret ever naming this game Dreadnought AHhhhahahahhaahahahahahah


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 2:37 a.m.



Corvettes are fine. They just take getting use to fighting. Drain pulse and missiles tend to be enough to kill a corvette.

90% of the time people's problems with corvettes are learning to play issues. A Corvettes biggest weapon is surprise, they also almost always go for stragglers or damaged ships. Stick with your team, call them out. If your team is playing like one, corvettes will not be a problem for long.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 3:37 a.m.


Updated //
July 2, 2018, 3:39 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-222906) said:

Corvettes are fine. They just take getting use to fighting. Drain pulse and missiles tend to be enough to kill a corvette.

90% of the time people's problems with corvettes are learning to play issues. A Corvettes biggest weapon is surprise, they also almost always go for stragglers or damaged ships. Stick with your team, call them out. If your team is playing like one, corvettes will not be a problem for long.

So well said, it always seems that there is someone that has an issue with getting their shorts pulled over their heads by a smaller craft. 'I'm big so I should win' is the mantra of many.

(My thoughts in general, not to just the Original Poster) Every ship should have an opportunity to do big damage or even destroy another ship if played well enough (Healer excluded). The fact is, most of the time the Corvette probably comes in and finishes the job on a ship that the team has badly weakened; the player probably thinks he's got a chance on getting away and BOOM (say hello to my little friend)! The fact is, you either made a mistake or the other team was better, get over it and move on to the next game - if Corvettes were so easy to win with/OP, then everyone would be playing them.

Go down the route of removing Corvettes and I guarantee it will be the Artillery or Healer next - Artillery shouldn't be able to do this, Healers shouldn't be able to do that; and the complaints continue until there are just Dreadnoughts (then it will move to 'that faction is OP because....').

Learn to play, learn that you make mistakes, learn that sometimes the enemy team is just better and if you have to argue for something let it be 'balance' in game, not the removal of a class that will deminish the game. Enjoy the game O7


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 12:12 p.m.



You cannot even write Corvettes probably. They are fine, I can deal with them. No changes needed.


The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 1:15 p.m.



Corvettes can most certainly be a pest, however, if you and your team coordinate and keep an eye on them at all times they won't stand a chance! One of the best tips I can provide in regards to combatting Corvettes is making sure you mark them and every single chance you get!


Having any issues and need some assistance? Our support team would be more than happy to help! You can reach out to them here!

Miguel "MiguelItUp" Rial - Six Foot Player Relations Specialist


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 2:11 p.m.



Corvettes are fine as they are. You need to focus on counters as well, however, 'cause that's how you take away their strengths. You cannot focus on DMG only under any circumstances. For example, each of my ships is either equiped with a buff/debuff module and a DMG module, or I have one of the 2 versions play the disruptor and the other the bruiser. And of course the key-words: Situational Awareness (see them before they sneak up on you).


-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 2:18 p.m.



Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-222950) said:

You cannot even write Corvettes probably. They are fine, I can deal with them. No changes needed.

I'd say some changes are needed, mainly the abilities that allow them to not take damage.



Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 2:32 p.m.



SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-222954) said:

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-222950) said:

You cannot even write Corvettes probably. They are fine, I can deal with them. No changes needed.

I'd say some changes are needed, mainly the abilities that allow them to not take damage.

You have disruptor pulse on vettes and arties, along with disrupt missile on dessies, disrupt ammo on vettes, purge nuke on dread, and purge beam on tac (all at least by t4). Each and every one of these can stop a vette dead in their tracks. If you know a vette carries such a module, keep an eye out for them and shoot at them once you can. I might scare them off since they lost the element of surprise. I do, however, believe the Officer Briefing 'Desperate Measures' may need a rework, since it allows vettes (or any other vessel carrying it) to use their modules twice


-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-


Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 10:42 p.m.


Updated //
July 2, 2018, 10:44 p.m.

Dragonychus#0000 posted (#post-222955) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-222954) said:

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-222950) said:

You cannot even write Corvettes probably. They are fine, I can deal with them. No changes needed.

I'd say some changes are needed, mainly the abilities that allow them to not take damage.

You have disruptor pulse on vettes and arties, along with disrupt missile on dessies, disrupt ammo on vettes, purge nuke on dread, and purge beam on tac (all at least by t4). Each and every one of these can stop a vette dead in their tracks. If you know a vette carries such a module, keep an eye out for them and shoot at them once you can. I might scare them off since they lost the element of surprise. I do, however, believe the Officer Briefing 'Desperate Measures' may need a rework, since it allows vettes (or any other vessel carrying it) to use their modules twice

purge nuke on dread is not a good counter for them. They will never stay still long enough for the thing to hit, and the cool down when you miss. the main tactic for them is to fly in quickly get you to half health and then just warp strike through for a easy kill. its quick, nasty, and way to easy to pull off. I have been useing fighters, triad pods, and heavy auto cannons all rank 5 and they still easily hop in for a quick kill when I am at full health

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.