FORUMS

Corvette

Posted: //
July 2, 2018, 11:39 p.m.

so when are corvets gonna get a much needed nerf im hoping for just something small like not being able to make yourself invincible

July 3, 2018, 12:20 a.m.

Hahahaha I know right?

Just left a match where 2 Tier V Nevis Corvettes and a Tier V Jupiter Tac absolutely ate our faces. It was the first match I've bailed on in about 3 weeks.

Seriously my Dreadnought - MY F'ing Dreadnought got crushed by the Tac alone.

It was a Scramble mine $h1tshow with the Corvettes. You are probably whining about tier iv Corvettes that don't use Scrambler mines. Scramblers mines in a corordinated squad will be the sole reason I stop playing. It is a $h1t tactic used by $h1t players that I hope get in a real life flaming car wreck on their way to work or high school or whatever these f.ucks do

The Dreadnoughts are a complete embarassment.

July 3, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-222972) said:

Hahahaha I know right?

Just left a match where 2 Tier V Nevis Corvettes and a Tier V Jupiter Tac absolutely ate our faces. It was the first match I've bailed on in about 3 weeks.

It was a Scramble mine $h1tshow with the Corvettes. You are probably whining about tier iv Corvettes that don't use Scrambler mines. Scramblers mines in a corordinated squad will be the sole reason I stop playing. It is a $h1t tactic used by $h1t players that I hope get in a real life flaming car wreck on their way to work or high school or whatever these f.ucks do

I wouldn't take it that far...

I'm curious to know what your guy's strategy is? What kind of ships do you have in your fleet? Corvettes are extremely vulnerable and have very low HP. There are ways to take down these pesky guys. It also helps if you ping their location so the team is aware of where they are!

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

July 4, 2018, 4:18 p.m.

I know the players you're referring to and i agree it is a cheap OP tactic at the moment as all Scrambler weapons prevent the energy wheel from being switched so they literally can stun lock you from the energy wheel. The last time this happened to me i was in a squad of three and we only lost by 15 points in TDM, so yes while they are good players they aren't that good to not spam broken modules again and again. As for what class/ship it doesn't matter fix your (strong expletive here) game, i've posted about this very problem of Scrambler being broken several times over the past year.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

July 4, 2018, 5:44 p.m.

DN_VAQSeeN#4882 posted (#post-222988) said:

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-222972) said:

Hahahaha I know right?

I'm curious to know what your guy's strategy is? What kind of ships do you have in your fleet? Corvettes are extremely vulnerable and have very low HP. There are ways to take down these pesky guys. It also helps if you ping their location so the team is aware of where they are!

I agree with him, Corvettes just fly right up to my dreadnought where I can broadside him and they will shrug off as many as two rounds of the ballistic broadside along with all the repeater fire I can throw at them. they don’t even really try to dodge or weave or even approach my dreadnought from a position where I cant use broadside on them… they are that brazen about it.

My other thought is with server lag, its not really a factor for slow moving ships but you factor that in with the speed of Corvettes and some of the other destroyers and you have just handed a significate advantage to that player.

July 5, 2018, 2:16 p.m.

Updated //
July 5, 2018, 2:19 p.m.

Sorry I was sooooo mad when I posted this. I should have cooled off before $h1tposting.

But basically it was a Tier V Nevis. The player in question was using: 1) Assault Blink 2) Scrambler Mines 3) Distruptor 4) Afterburner. The Tandem Nevis player was using I believe Target Blink, Scramble mines, Blast Pulse, Afterburner

Tier V Jupiter Arms Tac was running: Tesla Pods, (I think) Nuke Mine, Blast Pulse, Energy Generator ( I've been on both sides with this player and have seen what he uses. He is absolutely devastating with this ship)

• I don't have a problem with the Tac or really a lot of what the Corvettes can do. Disruptor is probably the strongest module that Vettes have. My problem is with general gameplay experience. The Corvette can kill you in so many ways. The Scrambler mines just feel like the ultimate F-U griefing tactic and I think it is completely unnecessary and harmful to the game itself. ( Basically why is a weapon/module this aggrivating in the game? - Especially since YOU KNOW player retention and numbers are a BIG PROBLEM)

July 5, 2018, 4:25 p.m.

A harwich/cattaro is the best counter for a vette that I've found. If I see a good vette player on the other team or multiple vettes, I'll use tractor beam, nuc mine, blast pulse and emergency evac. That's also a great counter for ramming vindicta's. The tractor pod will pull the vettes away from you. Plus, just having something trapped in the tractor beam will alert you that an enemy is near. The only caveat is that it doesn't work as well against cloaked vettes.

Before the harwich setup, I used stasis pulse on a gravis, which worked ok. Scrambler pulse followed by storms and flak work pretty good in a destroyer. Biggest thing is you have to spot them 1st.

July 5, 2018, 6:07 p.m.

I hate the scramble pulse because if you get hit with one youre basically dead. I like the idea, but it leaves you a sitting duck for way too long

July 5, 2018, 10:46 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-223170) said:

I hate the scramble pulse because if you get hit with one youre basically dead. I like the idea, but it leaves you a sitting duck for way too long

Scrambler used to just blur your view, but then they added the green overlay which makes you completely blind. I think they should cange it back to the old overlay

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 6, 2018, 8:03 a.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-223179) said:

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-223170) said:

Scrambler used to just blur your view, but then they added the green overlay which makes you completely blind. I think they should cange it back to the old overlay

It's actually the length of time that bugs me. It's easily enough for a corvette to position away from where you were firing and unload or a destroyer to hit you with a ram. During that time, unless your guns are luckily hitting the enemy, you're done.

Closed