FORUMS


Concerning an... exploit? ...dishonorable tactic?



Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 3:34 p.m.



While playing today i noticed a strategy that i personally dont think is very fair and should probably be fixed.

The last two games ive played have had groups of tactical and artilleray cruisers flying straight up to the ceiling in the middle of the map and just keeping on the lift thrusters so that it causes their ship to unrealistically and uncharacteristically bounce off the skybox and jerk around making it nearly impossible for the enemy to hit them even tho theyre wide open with no cover. Needless to say those games were hard losses with the losing team barely making any xp or credits.

it wasnt very fun. if anyone has any counters to this strategy please let me know, and dont tell me to just do the skybox thing cuz i like to keep things honorable.


Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 3:46 p.m.


Updated //
July 3, 2018, 4:01 p.m.

Missiles maywork but they likely wont kill and arty especially if they have defense lasers. Try putting power to engines and get under their firing arc and rush them.



Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 7:35 p.m.



yeah that makes sense, one time i was able to sneak under them and tractor beam one of em down so my team could take it out, it only worked once as they were looking out for me the rest of the match. Even still it ruins the immersion of the game with a bunch of ships on the highest point awkwardly bouncing around in the sky. Skybox bouncing coupled with the "heal-ball" strat and arty pod spam makes for a total buzzkilling experience and skews the meta even more, we dont need it


Posted: //
July 3, 2018, 8:47 p.m.



Tarterus, and nukes make short work of this tactic, though you need people on your team to have one or the other.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 4:30 a.m.



While I don't think the skybox bouncing is an OP tactic, I would still like to see it removed as it is a very unnatural movment and looks more like a bug than intended


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 8:47 a.m.



Quoth Worf about Klingon honour: winning is the most honourable thing :p


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 10:01 a.m.



Ortis#6925 posted (#post-223034) said:

While I don't think the skybox bouncing is an OP tactic, I would still like to see it removed as it is a very unnatural movment and looks more like a bug than intended

I agree. The ship should just not go any higher rather than bounce.



Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 10:34 a.m.



Tyrannafabulous#3112 posted (#post-223015) said:

While playing today i noticed a strategy that i personally dont think is very fair and should probably be fixed.

The last two games ive played have had groups of tactical and artilleray cruisers flying straight up to the ceiling in the middle of the map and just keeping on the lift thrusters so that it causes their ship to unrealistically and uncharacteristically bounce off the skybox and jerk around making it nearly impossible for the enemy to hit them even tho theyre wide open with no cover. Needless to say those games were hard losses with the losing team barely making any xp or credits.

it wasnt very fun. if anyone has any counters to this strategy please let me know, and dont tell me to just do the skybox thing cuz i like to keep things honorable.

What you're describing isn't something I've seen in any of my games. Would you be able to record a video of this tactic? I don't believe this is an exploit as it doesn't benefit them, and you can line up your shots or modules to kill them. But then again I haven't seen this in action myself so seeing a video would clear things up. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.


VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!


Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 11:03 a.m.



Ive seen it a few times but not often. Given their slender profile, it makes them tougher to hit with you main guns.



Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 11:11 a.m.



DN_VAQSeeN#4882 posted (#post-223049) said:

[...] I don't believe this is an exploit as it doesn't benefit them, and you can line up your shots or modules to kill them. [...]

Actually, with good builds, its extremely beneficial. For exemple

In addition to heal themselves and their allies and potential overclock pulse uses, the tac can affect the battlefield a lot with artillery pods and mines. Same goes for the artillery cruisers with their range and their ability to prevent missiles and nukes. As for the bouncing, it can help against rams.


description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.