FORUMS

A plea to streamers: keep your eyes on the f-n game

Posted: //
July 4, 2018, 8:43 a.m.

Updated //
July 4, 2018, 8:44 a.m.

So I just came from watching a youtube export of someone's stream, and frankly it gave me a stomach ache. The guy was happily chatting to his like 3 viewers on another screen about their vacation and whatnot, and not even watching the actual game window more than half the time. In fact, he didn't even look at the game window at all the first two minutes of the round. I'm not exaggerating. It was lietrally 2 minutes on the round timer. That's like 15 to 20 percent of the whole round for most matches.

Look, I get it that having a whole 3 viewers at a time must be an exciting thing for some people, but... you know... there are 7 more "viewers" on your team, getting slaughtered and wondering WTH is that guy doing, and why did he just feed by mindlessly pushing forward instead of taking cover or activating the shields.

And that's really my whole point. If it's some stream of The Sims or another single player game, knock yourself out. If the kitchen burns down and your sims die while you're chatting and looking at the other screen, it didn't affect anyone else. Heck, it may be even funny for the guys watching you be slapstick bad at it. But if it's a multiplayer TEAM game, please do try to give at least a reasonable amout of effort to the people on your TEAM. Ruining 7 other people's game by literally contributing less to the TEAM than a bot isn't even fun to watch, much less to be one of those 7.

Pretty please?

July 4, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

Updated //
July 4, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

So your here...on THIS forum ....telling us because you... A - think it's a widespread community worthy issue or B - you somehow entirely missed any options to address said streamer directly

July 4, 2018, 4:34 p.m.

Just in case there are others doing the same. You know, as they say, if you're one in a million, there are 7000 like you :p

July 4, 2018, 10:11 p.m.

Twitch streamers are all about the cash. So are youtubers. If you base your purchase judgment on that, you truly are a lost soul. A sad one even.

July 5, 2018, 5:54 a.m.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, IF someone thinks that keeping a third subscriber entertained is worth shafting 7 people on their team, something is very wrong there.

July 5, 2018, 10:27 a.m.

Updated //
July 5, 2018, 10:32 a.m.

Spurius Maximus#2411 posted (#post-223043) said:

So I just came from watching a youtube export of someone's stream, and frankly it gave me a stomach ache. The guy was happily chatting to his like 3 viewers on another screen about their vacation and whatnot, and not even watching the actual game window more than half the time. In fact, he didn't even look at the game window at all the first two minutes of the round. I'm not exaggerating. It was lietrally 2 minutes on the round timer. That's like 15 to 20 percent of the whole round for most matches.

Look, I get it that having a whole 3 viewers at a time must be an exciting thing for some people, but... you know... there are 7 more "viewers" on your team, getting slaughtered and wondering WTH is that guy doing, and why did he just feed by mindlessly pushing forward instead of taking cover or activating the shields.

And that's really my whole point. If it's some stream of The Sims or another single player game, knock yourself out. If the kitchen burns down and your sims die while you're chatting and looking at the other screen, it didn't affect anyone else. Heck, it may be even funny for the guys watching you be slapstick bad at it. But if it's a multiplayer TEAM game, please do try to give at least a reasonable amout of effort to the people on your TEAM. Ruining 7 other people's game by literally contributing less to the TEAM than a bot isn't even fun to watch, much less to be one of those 7.

Pretty please?

I see this happening a lot in streams for other games too. The only thing you can do is push that member of your team to get it together and move. I know it can get frustrating when a member isn't fully with it... Encourage them to get in there, group up, and fight. I know in games when someone is AFK at base/spawns, alerting the guy and utlizing chat wakes them up.

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

July 6, 2018, 10:59 a.m.

Oh, in other games it used to actually happen a lot more. Like, in City Of Heroes, if you just picked a random group for a quest, you could almost guarantee that one of them will be just parked at the mission entrance and expect to just get the bonus xp for other people finishing the mission. It was practically a trope.

I like what Dreadnought did with the win xp, by comparison. You get a win bonus, but it's a multiplier, so you still have to do SOMETHING to get anything out of it. Kudos for that. Just thought I'd mention it.

July 6, 2018, 11:11 a.m.

DN_VAQSeeN#4882 posted (#post-223129) said:

I see this happening a lot in streams for other games too. The only thing you can do is push that member of your team to get it together and move. I know it can get frustrating when a member isn't fully with it... Encourage them to get in there, group up, and fight. I know in games when someone is AFK at base/spawns, alerting the guy and utlizing chat wakes them up.

I just shoot at them

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 8, 2018, 11:34 a.m.

the answer of play nice and motivate the other player is a very weak answer and a massive pile of bull. i would love to see the video of a player trying to motivate another player to pay attention. because honestly you get laughed, muted, or told to shut up. there is very little team work in this game and more and more people play this game as if they are the lone hero. players have no insentive to work together, use tactis and strategy, or do anything but rush rush rush. try to explain that and you get the shut up you dont know what your talking about.

you cant give it as an answer or a fix when it doesnt work as an answer or a fix.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.