FORUMS

I'm disappointed in the "death squads".

Posted: //
July 5, 2018, 2:51 p.m.

I am fairly disappointed in some players around.

As you know, there is a few squads out there that just overpower most of the teams they face.

A typical match of that kind usually ends up with a full squad of lvl. 50 on one side (plus sometimes additional ones) and about one or two of the kind on the opposing side. The two experienced players on the opposing team usually can't fight their way through "alone" and just score kills on less experienced team members falling behind, if at all. Some of them just quit (and I understand in this case, even though everybody who knows me, knows my point on quitters). "Newbies" just get slaughtered like npcs... You have witnessed it and know what I'm talking about. So everybody in those matches, except the "death squads" basically just loses to an extend where it isn't fun anymore, since it's not losing to superior skill, luck or anything but team setup.

To some players score differences of like 100:30 might be fun and a rewarding experience - but in my opinion it's just dull and unfair.

I don't care about winning or losing, I don't need xp, credits, or anything - got most of my ships setup - I play for fun. And at some point it becomes, as said, just a disappointment being around in the game.

Fairplay and fun - the latter is inseperable from the first. I, for example, never join big squads unless there is other squads to deal with. And I am not the only one following that code.

Maybe you should consider proving yourself in fair combat against equally matched teams instead of just farming, and spoiling the players experiences. There is farming games out there. Reap some crops, feeding the cows - all you want. This one is about action.

Qeue as single players or in two man squads. Just be fair. Be fun.

Others can do it.

This especially goes out to a certain group that roams TDM on veteran for quite a while.

Not meant to be insulting or anything. Just something to consider. If anybody of them reads it.

July 5, 2018, 3:13 p.m.

I get your points I really do, team play however is a big part of the game. I've been on teams of solo players that have beaten the squads, it dose not happen often, but when the stars alingn it can be done. If Your team plays like a team, takes the right ships and builds, you can win.

Team play is a massive part of the game. The Team that plays like a team the most will be the victors 9 times out of 10.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 5, 2018, 3:28 p.m.

You know I know that. And I really hate the nagging about squads usually.

At some point it can practically not be done though. Teamplay whatsoever.

And that's where the squads should intervene themselves and say "hey, we won with high score difference the last five matches - what about we solo q to make this fairer?".

Squads are a huge part of the fun and dealing with tough teams is also.

Not complaining about any of that.

You know, however, that the situation out there often is nothing about teamplay if you have just a bunch of new players in low tiers against a well trained, well communicating squad of veterans. Sure, it's part of the game. All I'm saying is that some people should consider that it would be more fun for everybody if chances were even.

And that is something we all can work on, not just the infamous matchmaking.. And if you don't want a challenge - play against npcs. Easy as pie.

July 5, 2018, 3:45 p.m.

"you" - not meaning specifically you.

This was actually rather an impulsive post over seeing that happening so often and experiencing the same thing this evening more than just once. I could just switch to onslaught and forget about it, but TDM is so much fun, when it gets the chance to unfold.

Also I know that some ppl would consider me a complete dipsh't for ramming the fudge out of everyone.

As I said... just saying. Consider it. At the end - all part of the game.

July 5, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

I know what you mean. I've spent 98-99% of my total play time as a solo player, I only ever squad up if I'm invited to one. Because I my self like the challenge of trying to beat another team with my personal skill as aposed to a squads meta skill. But some people only enjoy games when they are playing with friends.

I stopped playing WoW once my friends stopped because I didn't find it fun with out them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

July 5, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

I lately squad up with another player for various reasons but mostly the plain fun of not being out there "alone". Unfortunately that is often enough to stomp. So I completely understand if people just want to play with their friends and by the way kick butts.

Two-man-squads usually though can be countered better than 4 players balancing their ships to support each other.

Also a four man squad can be split to face each other - still got your friends, just not on the same team.

July 5, 2018, 3:56 p.m.

There have been threads about this ever since. I did a thread with the exact same purpose january this year ("teamplay versus playerbase"). Dont expect this to become a constructive criticism-thread. Some will spam you with offtopic, others will say "this is a teamgame, get some friends and do it yourself if you think it's unfair hurr durr" and some will will post the generic "git gud". The matchmaker will not get touched until steamrelease (thats confirmed via former streams, as the devs have more important stuff to do) and a solo queue will not be introduced earlier either (playerbase too small?). Yes, it's no fun to face coordinated groups and I quit these games for I dont see anything positive in playing fodder for some egocentric gimps.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

July 5, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

Updated //
July 5, 2018, 4:04 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223143) said:

I get your points I really do, team play however is a big part of the game. I've been on teams of solo players that have beaten the squads, it dose not happen often, but when the stars alingn it can be done. If Your team plays like a team, takes the right ships and builds, you can win.

Team play is a massive part of the game. The Team that plays like a team the most will be the victors 9 times out of 10.

You are right to some extend, but it's hard to counter squads teamplay if the game, that is centered so much around teamplay, doesn't provide one with the basic tools to create teamplay. How is one supposed to match the teamplay of a squad sitting in ts/discord without any VOIP in the game? How am I supposed to let my tac-buddy know that a corvette is about to rip him a new one without VOIP? Stop doing whatever I'm currently doing and start typing a warning? Although hilarious, it gets old after some time.

July 5, 2018, 5:11 p.m.

Meathook#5951 posted (#post-223158) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223143) said:

You are right to some extend, but it's hard to counter squads teamplay if the game, that is centered so much around teamplay, doesn't provide one with the basic tools to create teamplay. How is one supposed to match the teamplay of a squad sitting in ts/discord without any VOIP in the game? How am I supposed to let my tac-buddy know that a corvette is about to rip him a new one without VOIP? Stop doing whatever I'm currently doing and start typing a warning? Although hilarious, it gets old after some time.

F key for quick commands. To target enemy ships, ask for heals ask people to follow you, as people to regroup on you. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's there and using it can make all the difference, as long as the rest of your team is compliant of course.

July 5, 2018, 7:08 p.m.

It's not only teamplay. Those squads are usually playing with better ships as well, while most solo players are grinding. This alone skews the matches very strongly.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.