FORUMS

I'm disappointed in the "death squads".

Posted: //
July 5, 2018, 7:21 p.m.

Auto balance Teams.

This feature exists for example in Battlefield. So one of the enemy Pubstompers gets switched to your Team to even it out. Is that possible?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

July 6, 2018, 2:37 a.m.

What's really funny.... you'll hear "team play" from the death squad folks... but bear in mind they've found the most efficient way to grind AND have fun. Good luck getting them to voluntarily give that up, that's just not how human nature works.

Devs have been told for over a year that the MM'ing was an issue with squads, like the sort mentioned, run unmatched by an equal squad on the other side. There was a lot of reasons tossed out, primarily being a lack of population and que times. This indeed made sense when Vet matches were 3 min ques and legendary were non existant outside pre arranged groups in discord. While Legendary has improved only slightly... recruit ant vet matches have been prolific and as close to constant drop as one could hope for this summer.... and yet here we sit. With the same "anything goes" MM'ing outside of the protected status for people in T1/2 ships. Used to be super fun when they had it wide enough to include T2's vs T4's.

Currently the end result of this missed opportunity is just a continuation of the same old... Legendary players farm T3's in T4 matches, grouping for maximum effect and profit because due to such sparse legendary match making for many reasons. Currently there's little reason for them to move on as T4 farming is arguably most efficient.

Until they either change MM'ing, or code some sort of reduced reward for legendary players participating in lower matches (merely an example not a condoned solution) this isn't going to change. I've heard a lot of PS4 players say it's "not so bad", but then again they don't have to deal with the long standing PC vet population either.

July 6, 2018, 6 a.m.

@machinech True, it was the the same before corvettes got nerfed: Players argue to keep their advantage. You can see that everywhere even IRL.

July 6, 2018, 6:11 a.m.

NoInfinity#8163 posted (#post-223191) said:

@machinech True, it was the the same before corvettes got nerfed: Players argue to keep their advantage. You can see that everywhere even IRL.

Only T2 corvette got a speed nerf, some corvette modules got a balance pass.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 6, 2018, 6:57 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223192) said:

NoInfinity#8163 posted (#post-223191) said:

Only T2 corvette got a speed nerf, some corvette modules got a balance pass.

I meant the general speed nerf of 1.9.5. I think the devs did a great job there. The amount of "nerf corvette" threads really decreased since. I hope for something small like that for matchmaking, possibly before or with the steam release. People left games because of corvettes then, nowadays they leave because of xXxxXxxXxxXx-squads.

July 7, 2018, 2:09 a.m.

Updated //
July 7, 2018, 2:10 a.m.

I left this game months ago because of this specific issue... Now I thought to myself "hey, let's see how Dreadnought is doing, maybe it's worth going back now?", and what's the first thing I spot here? "Death Squads".

Yeah, NO THANKS!

This already was an issue when I picked up the game and it was the one that made me - and I'm sure many others - leave... and Greybox is still not doing anything about it.

I remember we had suggestions around these forums about how to fix it, even I wrote some, but all we were met was ignorance by the devs, and acid spew by the handful of arseholes who actually make up the death squads.

This game will die soon if the MM doesn't get fixed, and you know what? It completely deserves it.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

July 7, 2018, 3:01 a.m.

Updated //
July 7, 2018, 3:27 a.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-223220) said:

I left this game months ago because of this specific issue... Now I thought to myself "hey, let's see how Dreadnought is doing, maybe it's worth going back now?", and what's the first thing I spot here? "Death Squads".

Yeah, NO THANKS!

This already was an issue when I picked up the game and it was the one that made me - and I'm sure many others - leave... and Greybox is still not doing anything about it.

I remember we had suggestions around these forums about how to fix it, even I wrote some, but all we were met was ignorance by the devs, and acid spew by the handful of arseholes who actually make up the death squads.

This game will die soon if the MM doesn't get fixed, and you know what? It completely deserves it.

MM Is going to change "soon" at some point before steam launch, that is also happening, "soon".

People have been saying this game is dead since I started playing, over a year ago, it's been declared dead at least 4 times that I've seen my self. Still here though.

Another point to add, since the creation of this thread I've not seen a single squad in veteran. Maybe It's the times I've been playing. Maybe its because legendary matches where going on, or maybe it's no longer as big of a problem as this thread is making out. I can only go on what I'm seeing in game. The Devs have the data to know how big of a problem it is.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 7, 2018, 4:20 a.m.

description

July 7, 2018, 6:52 a.m.

I suggest not playing the game at the times where squads are most active. I think it starts when the Murricans come back from work On the other hand you might catch a legendary match or two in that time.

July 7, 2018, 5:49 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223223) said:

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-223220) said:

Yeah, NO THANKS!

MM Is going to change "soon" at some point before steam launch, that is also happening, "soon".

People have been saying this game is dead since I started playing, over a year ago, it's been declared dead at least 4 times that I've seen my self. Still here though.

Another point to add, since the creation of this thread I've not seen a single squad in veteran. Maybe It's the times I've been playing. Maybe its because legendary matches where going on, or maybe it's no longer as big of a problem as this thread is making out. I can only go on what I'm seeing in game. The Devs have the data to know how big of a problem it is.

At an average of 1/4 of the matches I see... it's not an insignificant number. But that's squads we're talking about... throw in general MM'ing rediculousness of flat lumping 3 or more 50's in maxed 4's vs a team with a mix of 3-4 still grinding modules and you have what I see. I don't blame the squads, playing with friends is fun. I do blame the MM and Greybox for letting it persist this long. ... or maybe the issue is bigger then your downplaying. It's all very subjective. Worth noting that a large portion of the player base has been talking about this for over a year... that should tell you something. Anyhow games are what they are. To me, it looks good, and can be fun 3 in 4 times aside from Wargaming-like grind and income levels vs cost of modules T3 an up.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.