FORUMS

I'm disappointed in the "death squads".

Posted: //
July 8, 2018, 2:24 a.m.

machinech#5333 posted (#post-223283) said:

At an average of 1/4 of the matches I see... it's not an insignificant number. But that's squads we're talking about... throw in general MM'ing rediculousness of flat lumping 3 or more 50's in maxed 4's vs a team with a mix of 3-4 still grinding modules and you have what I see. I don't blame the squads, playing with friends is fun. I do blame the MM and Greybox for letting it persist this long. ... or maybe the issue is bigger then your downplaying. It's all very subjective. Worth noting that a large portion of the player base has been talking about this for over a year... that should tell you something. Anyhow games are what they are. To me, it looks good, and can be fun 3 in 4 times aside from Wargaming-like grind and income levels vs cost of modules T3 an up.

I'm not down playing anything. I have said it was my observations only that I've not seen this problem lately. I've exsperianced it a lot on the past, so I'm well aware it's there. As I said it's probably down to when I was playing and that legendary matches where happening.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 8, 2018, 3:26 a.m.

DerFliegendeKlostein#9592 posted (#post-223140) said:

I am fairly disappointed in some players around.

As you know, there is a few squads out there that just overpower most of the teams they face.

A typical match of that kind usually ends up with a full squad of lvl. 50 on one side (plus sometimes additional ones) and about one or two of the kind on the opposing side. The two experienced players on the opposing team usually can't fight their way through "alone" and just score kills on less experienced team members falling behind, if at all. Some of them just quit (and I understand in this case, even though everybody who knows me, knows my point on quitters). "Newbies" just get slaughtered like npcs... You have witnessed it and know what I'm talking about. So everybody in those matches, except the "death squads" basically just loses to an extend where it isn't fun anymore, since it's not losing to superior skill, luck or anything but team setup.

To some players score differences of like 100:30 might be fun and a rewarding experience - but in my opinion it's just dull and unfair.

I don't care about winning or losing, I don't need xp, credits, or anything - got most of my ships setup - I play for fun. And at some point it becomes, as said, just a disappointment being around in the game.

Fairplay and fun - the latter is inseperable from the first. I, for example, never join big squads unless there is other squads to deal with. And I am not the only one following that code.

Maybe you should consider proving yourself in fair combat against equally matched teams instead of just farming, and spoiling the players experiences. There is farming games out there. Reap some crops, feeding the cows - all you want. This one is about action.

Qeue as single players or in two man squads. Just be fair. Be fun.

Others can do it.

This especially goes out to a certain group that roams TDM on veteran for quite a while.

Not meant to be insulting or anything. Just something to consider. If anybody of them reads it.

I completely understand what you're saying but the fact of the matter is that Dreadnought's userbase isn't large enough to solve the problem. You WILL be matched with higher lvl players, and ones that are in the same group taboot. I've been playing on and off since the beginning. It's almost always been this way.

I still love Dread, the most recent update annoucement is basically what they promised at the very start s i'm excited to see where they go with it. Frankly we need more ships within the different corps too.

pew pew and all that.

July 8, 2018, 12:02 p.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2018, 12:03 p.m.

This "playerbase is not large enough" was the same sorry excuse we were getting for the past year, yet while I was playing I saw quite a few new people come and go, both here on the forums and ingame. Some streamers also picked the game up occassionally, it wasn't completely off the radar...

New people have been coming continuiously as far as I could tell (not a lot of them, but there was an influx). The problem was that they left as soon as they were faced with how MM works in Veteran, and that is exactly the issue here. You guys keep saying that "oh we can't fix MM because we don't have a big enough playerbase, matches would take ages to start" but then this very same system is preventing you from ever getting a bigger playerbase.

If the game does ever launch on Steam, that HAS TO HAPPEN WITH FIXED MM, otherwise all those new dudes will just leave all the same. It's too late to start a crusade against sealclubbing when all the seals are already dead.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

July 8, 2018, 12:13 p.m.

Tyrel#8199 posted (#post-223299) said:

If the game does ever launch on Steam, that HAS TO HAPPEN WITH FIXED MM, otherwise all those new dudes will just leave all the same. It's too late to start a crusade against sealclubbing when all the seals are already dead.

It's not an if, it is happening. You don't get a steam store page on a maybe.

The MM is being changed for steam launch. This has been the mantra since the steam announcement almost.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 8, 2018, 1:31 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223300) said:

It's not an if, it is happening. You don't get a steam store page on a maybe.

The MM is being changed for steam launch. This has been the mantra since the steam announcement almost.

I really hope that will stand true... I'd gladly return playing then, and probably bring some friends too. Greybox should be aware this is their final chance for the game to gain momentum, and act accordingly...

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

July 11, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Updated //
July 11, 2018, 3:50 p.m.

I honestly don't even see why they allowed 4-player-squads when they themselves say that the base isn't large enough.

Anyway, I know it is going to be fixed, but still it feels ridiculous. When certain players are online I can be almost a hundred percent sure that the next TDM I join will be a stomp.

That makes the game mode, which is actually my favourite of the existing modes (nothing beats TE ), completely unpleasant and forces me to qeue onslaught just for having a balanced game. That's not the way it should work.

As Tyrel said: many players will have stopped the game. Not because they can't take a loss or even losing 5 times in a row, but because there was no chance from the beginning, over and over again.

I wish said squads would react themselves to their impact on the gameplay, but really to expect that amount of thoughtfulness from everybody is basically utopia.

Btw, some of the groups really started just to meet in Legendary, or qeue in small teams.

But there is a certain one that "ruins" games for months, you bascially never see them alone. Long time I just shrugged and took it as a lost match. But I think it reached the point of where it stopped being just silly, but became a disturbance to me, too.

I wonder if DN staff ever took the time to maybe just talk to these guys, since long before I even considered seeing this the way I do now, it was already an issue to many others. Or if they don't interfere directly in general. Just curious about that.

Even though I usually hate quitters, I'm considering just leaving those matches in the future. I have no problem with being stomped, as I said - but I have a problem with a game being predetermined where I can actually do just nothing to stop it, just about every time a certain squad gets put in. Feels bad for the team though. Often I am the only lvl. 50 in the group and I would hate to let them down. <- not meant to be bragging, don't really care about the level, just stating a fact to be used as a reference of playtime and probably experience.

So... I don't know.

Glad this stirred up so much interest, btw. Even though it's well discussed in other places already, I guess.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.