FORUMS

Super Speed destroyer?

Posted: //
July 7, 2018, 2:38 a.m.

Curious if this is something to look forward to or be suspicious of. I've only got teir 3 ships right now and am fairly early in those so it's possible this is sheer ignorance but I saw an interesting destroyer in a game recently. It was a tier 4 destroyer and looked like the jupiter arms one. However it was moving around the battlefield as if it had the afterburner module from a corvette with a very short cool down. It would just jump forward quickly 2-3 times in a couple seconds. Checked the T4 destroyer and it has thrust amplification but unless that works very VERY differently on destroyer as from corvette I don't think that would do it.

Is there some equipment you get later that does this? I don't see any hero ship this could be and the normal destroyer doesn't seem to have afterburner so I hope you understand my suspicion.

I have a video of the ship if you'd like to see but be warned, I'm not very good. (Shields darn you, use the shields!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjZaNyc-HSU

By the way if this IS just equipment would you mind sharing what and how? I'd love to have a destroyer that can do that!

July 7, 2018, 2:56 a.m.

That's Evasive Manoeuvre. Shoots you forward at a 45 degree angle.

I don't see it being used very often as there are lots of other modules that are useful in that slot, but I think it's pretty much essential when you're using the Blud/Gora, otherwise they're just too slow.

July 7, 2018, 4:26 a.m.

Ahh, there we go, if everyone would like to enjoy a facepalm moment, I didn't notice the tech trees could scroll down more than once in T4, so I never saw Evasive Maneuver. Thank you for the help and advice. I look forward to playing with that myself.

July 9, 2018, 10:18 a.m.

Updated //
July 9, 2018, 10:18 a.m.

Pheonix55111#1471 posted (#post-223226) said:

Ahh, there we go, if everyone would like to enjoy a facepalm moment, I didn't notice the tech trees could scroll down more than once in T4, so I never saw Evasive Maneuver. Thank you for the help and advice. I look forward to playing with that myself.

Hey there! The tech trees surely grow even bigger at Tier 4 and 5 so make sure you scroll down to find them all.

On a related note, the new UI will make navigating around the tech trees super user friendly and easier to view. I am sure you'll enjoy it!

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

Closed