FORUMS

Scrambler is still disabling the Energy Wheel

Posted: //
July 12, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

PS4 issue:

I am not entirely sure if it is supposed to do this. ( I have read in many posts that it is NOT supposed to )

However when struck with the Scrambler pulse or mine I can confirm with almost 90% certainty that my Energy Wheel gets disabled.

I run Nav Expert on my Corvette and notice that my Power to Engines is off after I Blink away after being Scrambled ( when the effect clears )

In other situations I am very certain that I cannot put shields up ( although very difficult to confirm since the screen is completely obscured )

Can you maybe scale the effect back a bit so we can at least see the power wheel? Or add a audio cue when shields are activated? How is a player supposed to know if it is working as intended?

As-is Scrambler is the most hated and annoying attack in this game. Allowing it to disable the Energy Wheel makes it annoying and overpowered ( especially if combined with Disruptor )

I can try running more tests when I get home but is anyone else on PS4 experiencing this?

July 12, 2018, 12:15 p.m.

Updated //
July 12, 2018, 1:53 p.m.

Astraea#9085 posted (#post-223373) said:

PS4 issue:

I am not entirely sure if it is supposed to do this. ( I have read in many posts that it is NOT supposed to )

However when struck with the Scrambler pulse or mine I can confirm with almost 90% certainty that my Energy Wheel gets disabled.

I run Nav Expert on my Corvette and notice that my Power to Engines is off after I Blink away after being Scrambled ( when the effect clears )

In other situations I am very certain that I cannot put shields up ( although very difficult to confirm since the screen is completely obscured )

Can you maybe scale the effect back a bit so we can at least see the power wheel? Or add a audio cue when shields are activated? How is a player supposed to know if it is working as intended?

As-is Scrambler is the most hated and annoying attack in this game. Allowing it to disable the Energy Wheel makes it annoying and overpowered ( especially if combined with Disruptor )

I can try running more tests when I get home but is anyone else on PS4 experiencing this?

There will be some audio updates when we hit Steam launch to emphasize when you're stuck in a tight spot. The music will have a mood change depending on what crazy predicament that you're in, which is super cool in my opinion! PS4 will have the same treatment.

Anywho, I cannot confirm that this is a bug without seeing a video. Would you be able to record a scenario where this happens?

VAQSeeN - Customer/Technical Support on Player Relations

Having game/tech issues? Submit a support ticket here!

July 12, 2018, 1:44 p.m.

In case this helps- the wheel does not disable on the PC version (if the PS4 and PC are supposed to work the same, then that is a difference between the two). In fact, on the PC edition, the wheel graphic pops up above the scramble, so you can see it clearly despite not being able to see anything else. It is relatively easy to navigate the wheel in the PC edition while scrambled. That being said, it is probably an issue if it is being obscured on PS4...

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 12, 2018, 6:11 p.m.

Hypervolt#4192 posted (#post-223377) said:

In case this helps- the wheel does not disable on the PC version (if the PS4 and PC are supposed to work the same, then that is a difference between the two). In fact, on the PC edition, the wheel graphic pops up above the scramble, so you can see it clearly despite not being able to see anything else. It is relatively easy to navigate the wheel in the PC edition while scrambled. That being said, it is probably an issue if it is being obscured on PS4...

100% it does not pop up, and it sure seems to be disabled as swiping to put up shields or engines seems to do bupkis.

July 13, 2018, 8:57 a.m.

There will be some audio updates when we hit Steam launch to emphasize when you're stuck in a tight spot. The music will have a mood change depending on what crazy predicament that you're in, which is super cool in my opinion! PS4 will have the same treatment.

Anywho, I cannot confirm that this is a bug without seeing a video. Would you be able to record a scenario where this happens?

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I do not have a capture card at the moment but I will try to get a video on my iphone. The problem as highlighted in my post is that even if I provide a video you will not be able to see the Energy Wheel because Scrambler obscures everything so I'll try to frame the video to show my controller and gameplay screen.

I played a few matches last night and I 100% cannot use the Energy Wheel when Scrambled.

What I forgot to test is whether it turns the Energy Wheel off when you get struck with it. - So I am not sure if when Energy to Engines + Scrambled = Energy Off

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.