FORUMS

Should veteran be changed to tiers 3-4-5?

Posted: //
July 13, 2018, 2:11 p.m.

It used to be 2-3-4 then 2 was removed. given the serious lack of legendary games should veteran be changed to allow tier 5? Is tier 5 really that much more powerful? If and when the population of players playing tier 5 gets high enough to allow for short leg queue times then maybe change it back.

July 13, 2018, 2:28 p.m.

T4s have a fairly good advantage over T3s to start. While T4 to T5 isn't as big, it would make that gap even wide. People with T3s would get slaughtered by T5s and there's already enough trouble retaining people when they get to Veteran. I think this would only drive people away faster

July 13, 2018, 2:34 p.m.

In a word no.

T5's would slaughter T3 ships.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 13, 2018, 4:21 p.m.

Updated //
July 13, 2018, 4:21 p.m.

If anything I would like Recruit to be Tier I-II; Veteran to be III, Elite to be IV and Legendary V.

I think this would help a little in the balance of the game, but I worry that making another Tier could ruin the chance for those to find a game at the high tiers (as I believe this is difficult at the moment).

@ CaptCaveman, I would assume your suggestion is due to difficulty in finding high tier games(?); if so then I'll shelve my Tier IV addition. O7

July 13, 2018, 7:14 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-223411) said:

In a word no.

T5's would slaughter T3 ships.

Lol yes. T3's would pose about as much threat to a T5 as the command ship does.

July 14, 2018, 11:55 a.m.

Updated //
July 14, 2018, 11:56 a.m.

Hard no!

July 14, 2018, 1:26 p.m.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-223422) said:

Lol yes. T3's would pose about as much threat to a T5 as the command ship does.

More like an assualt ship.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

July 14, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Updated //
July 14, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

T4 is already a little too much for some people, T5 doesn't need to be added to the mix.

I feel like they should have a system along the lines of something like this:

• Recruit = 1 and 2
  • Novice = 2 and 3
  • Intermediate = 3 and 4
  • Veteran = 4 and 5
  • and Legendary is only T5, and unlocks once you get 2 T5 ships

playing the lower teir in each fleet would grant a small, maybe 10-20 percent xp boost to encourage players to play in the "harder teir," and encourage more players to que legendary fleets

Before you bash me, let me explain-

The general consensus right now is that T4 is too powerful for veteran matches- personaly I disagree with this, but for the sake of people generally believing this to be true lets go with it.

Recruit, as always, is to get people into the game. Like it is now, you can choose T1-2 ships and must cross thru this fleet

Novice would serve two purposes- people who are ready to face a harder challenge could que here in T2, or stay back if they need more tutorial in Recruit. The second purpose would be for those who dislike being pounded by T4s in veteran/intermediate, but remember- they will be punished for quing down by not gaining as much xp. If T2 players don't like being put up with the T3 ships and their OBs and fancy modules, they can always que back down in recruit- my idea of this system is that it proposes options to players- higher risk, higher reward

Intermediate and veteran are self-explanitory, they are similar to what the game is in veteran now, in the current update. They serve the exact same high-risk, high reward strategy as novice fleets- but again, T5 would be punished in veteran with a reduced xp reward

Legendary would be more of a pinacle than what it is now- while legendary is nice and fun to play in the current game, it does not feel like an end game because of how easily it can be obtained with only two T4 ships. Having a higher legendary fleet in the ranks would encourage more players to play until T5, as well as rewarding those that do. The veteran fleet would also make T5 more easy to play in general if Legendary is down.

These are just my thoughts- any opinions/suggestions are appreciated

Join the Community Discord!

https://discord.gg/uvUsYP

July 15, 2018, 4:37 a.m.

Human nature will always follow the path of least resistance. Also we really don't have enough T5 players to split them even more

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.