FORUMS


Shot registering?



Posted: //
July 23, 2018, 7:56 p.m.



same problem with nox but also other ships. shots hit like empty space and no damage or you shot close to edge and bullets hit like invisible wall, you see bullet trajectory that it should fly but something stops bullets.


Posted: //
Sept. 5, 2018, 5:01 p.m.


Updated //
Sept. 5, 2018, 5:15 p.m.

Since ive gainged more experience with the game ive come to notice that the problem isnt with shots not registering. The dreadnoughts im shooting at then activate thier armor amplifier and what little damage i then do isnt popping up with the damage notification. But the shots are registering.


Posted: //
Sept. 5, 2018, 5:36 p.m.



Here I thought I was the only one experiencing this with the Oberon arties. It seems especially pronounced possibly due to turret placement on the hull, terrain occlusion, and distance to target? No other ship in the game has a 360 turret requiring that kind of precision and range to hit.

Glad the devs are looking into it.


Posted: //
Sept. 6, 2018, 9:33 a.m.



Heretic#8887 posted (#post-225141) said:

Since ive gainged more experience with the game ive come to notice that the problem isnt with shots not registering. The dreadnoughts im shooting at then activate thier armor amplifier and what little damage i then do isnt popping up with the damage notification. But the shots are registering.

Sometimes the damage notification numbers don't pop-up even though damage is being dealt; it's a bug. Also, a Dreadnought can be fitted out with Officer Briefings & Modules in such a way that 100% of damage is blocked.


Posted: //
Sept. 6, 2018, 10 a.m.



If you have Armor Amp IV and slow and steady, you have 100% damage resistance while armor amp is up.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Sept. 6, 2018, 3:54 p.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-225160) said:

If you have Armor Amp IV and slow and steady, you have 100% damage resistance while armor amp is up.

Thx good to know.


Posted: //
Sept. 7, 2018, 9:33 p.m.


Updated //
Sept. 7, 2018, 9:34 p.m.

I have noticed consitent issues with weapon fire that is quite obviously connecting not doing any damage. It isn't limited to any one class either - I find it most often with quick firing weapons but I believe that is because the higher rate of fire means that a greater number of shots miss even if the total percentage is the same as for slower weapons.

The beep noise that signifies a hit even plays! There isn't any terrain around that could be blocking the shot, and it's usually aimed center mass, sometimes with the target being so kind as to sit perfectly still, so I don't think it's simply an issue of the visible geometry being bigger than the hitbox geometry.

It will look and sound like a normal hit but the damage counter does not increment up, nor does the health of the ship reduce.

It's rather frustrating when it happens because I may have just emptied a clip into a nearly dead enemy who didn't see me, or some other action where the outcome is meaningful. But in those clutch moments I'll see the counter stops going up and disappears as if I had stopped firing and then I know I have to mouse off of their ship and then point back at it.

Sometimes I'll also try toggling to whichever weapon I'm not using - ie primary to secondary or vice vsersa - and then back again. I'm not sure whether it's the toggling or the mousing off that seems to fix the problem.

I'll see if I can consistently reproduce the bug and if so report it more offiially. I assumed I was just having some kind of ping or connection issue but seeing that there qare other people with hitreg issues, now I'm more interested to see if I can identify a cause.


Posted: //
Sept. 8, 2018, 3:16 a.m.



Grendel#8044 posted (#post-225194) said:

I have noticed consitent issues with weapon fire that is quite obviously connecting not doing any damage. It isn't limited to any one class either - I find it most often with quick firing weapons but I believe that is because the higher rate of fire means that a greater number of shots miss even if the total percentage is the same as for slower weapons.

The beep noise that signifies a hit even plays! There isn't any terrain around that could be blocking the shot, and it's usually aimed center mass, sometimes with the target being so kind as to sit perfectly still, so I don't think it's simply an issue of the visible geometry being bigger than the hitbox geometry.

It will look and sound like a normal hit but the damage counter does not increment up, nor does the health of the ship reduce.

It's rather frustrating when it happens because I may have just emptied a clip into a nearly dead enemy who didn't see me, or some other action where the outcome is meaningful. But in those clutch moments I'll see the counter stops going up and disappears as if I had stopped firing and then I know I have to mouse off of their ship and then point back at it.

Sometimes I'll also try toggling to whichever weapon I'm not using - ie primary to secondary or vice vsersa - and then back again. I'm not sure whether it's the toggling or the mousing off that seems to fix the problem.

I'll see if I can consistently reproduce the bug and if so report it more offiially. I assumed I was just having some kind of ping or connection issue but seeing that there qare other people with hitreg issues, now I'm more interested to see if I can identify a cause.

If you can record a match, or when this happens then send it to support, they will have a better idea of what's going on/might have an idea what's causing it.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel


Posted: //
Sept. 8, 2018, 5:04 a.m.



Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-225197) said:

Grendel#8044 posted (#post-225194) said:

I have noticed consitent issues with weapon fire that is quite obviously connecting not doing any damage. It isn't limited to any one class either - I find it most often with quick firing weapons but I believe that is because the higher rate of fire means that a greater number of shots miss even if the total percentage is the same as for slower weapons.

The beep noise that signifies a hit even plays! There isn't any terrain around that could be blocking the shot, and it's usually aimed center mass, sometimes with the target being so kind as to sit perfectly still, so I don't think it's simply an issue of the visible geometry being bigger than the hitbox geometry.

It will look and sound like a normal hit but the damage counter does not increment up, nor does the health of the ship reduce.

It's rather frustrating when it happens because I may have just emptied a clip into a nearly dead enemy who didn't see me, or some other action where the outcome is meaningful. But in those clutch moments I'll see the counter stops going up and disappears as if I had stopped firing and then I know I have to mouse off of their ship and then point back at it.

Sometimes I'll also try toggling to whichever weapon I'm not using - ie primary to secondary or vice vsersa - and then back again. I'm not sure whether it's the toggling or the mousing off that seems to fix the problem.

I'll see if I can consistently reproduce the bug and if so report it more offiially. I assumed I was just having some kind of ping or connection issue but seeing that there qare other people with hitreg issues, now I'm more interested to see if I can identify a cause.

If you can record a match, or when this happens then send it to support, they will have a better idea of what's going on/might have an idea what's causing it.

Yeah I tried all night to produce it reliably but it only appeared once, shooting with the ballistic cannons on a Blud and "hitting" an Akula Vektor dread of either tier 3 or 4 (was in vet queue).

My computer isn't exactly high powered but I'll definitely see what I can do anyways about recording a match because I really want to see this game succeed.


Posted: //
Sept. 8, 2018, 6:54 a.m.



If you have an Nvidia card, use the GeForce experience app to record, you should get zero performance drop.


https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.